Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

My posts · My subscriptions

Previous versions of RustyBug's message #11051841 « Oracle Corp. »

RustyBug
Upload & Sell: On
Re: Oracle Corp.

Was that taken with a 14-24 or "the" 14-24?

+1 @ Scott

I would probably suggest not using f16 with a UWA to stay away from diffraction just a touch. My observations is that it reduces your contrast a little bit. With the WA/UWA, your DOF is essentially secure in this shot without a need to stop down that far. f8 or f11 should be fine.

Otherwise, the capture is looking pretty good. The PP will simply be a matter of taste as to how much color you want to mine for and what flavoring you want to give your WB/sharpness/contrast. Also, your crop of choice, but I don't know that there is much better to be done on the capture. My long winded way of saying "nice".

Added some red to the shadow WB and blue to the highlight WB, sharpened, cloned the rocks, assigned to aRGB color space, then converted back to sRGB for posting (with a little desat to offset the color space variance). And then a trim off the bottom.

As always, S&P to taste.

Oct 19, 2012 at 12:06 AM
RustyBug

+1 @ Scott

I would probably suggest not using f16 with a UWA to stay away from diffraction just a touch. My observations is that it reduces your contrast a little bit. With the WA/UWA, your DOF is essentially secure in this shot without a need to stop down that far. f8 or f11 should be fine.

Otherwise, the capture is looking pretty good. The PP will simply be a matter of taste as to how much color you want to mine for and what flavoring you want to give your WB/sharpness/contrast. Also, your crop of choice, but I don't know that there is much better to be done on the capture. My long winded way of saying "nice".

Added some red to the shadow WB and blue to the highlight WB, sharpened, cloned the rocks, assigned to aRGB color space, then converted back to sRGB for posting (with a little desat to offset the color space variance). And then a trim off the bottom.

As always, S&P to taste.

Oct 19, 2012 at 12:04 AM
RustyBug

+1 @ Scott

Added some red to the shadow WB and blue to the highlight WB, sharpened, cloned the rocks, assigned to aRGB color space, then converted back to sRGB for posting (with a little desat to offset the color space variance).

As always, S&P to taste.

Oct 19, 2012 at 12:03 AM
RustyBug

+1 @ Scott

Added some red to the shadow WB and blue to the highlight WB, sharpened, cloned the rocks, assigned to aRGB color space, then converted back to sRGB for posting (with a little desat to offset the color space variance).

As always, S&P to taste.

Oct 19, 2012 at 12:02 AM
RustyBug

+1 @ Scott

As always, S&P to taste.

Oct 18, 2012 at 11:22 PM

Previous versions of RustyBug's message #11051841 « Oracle Corp. »