Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

My posts · My subscriptions

Previous versions of DTOB's message #11021593 « Manual Focus Nikon Glass »

DTOB
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: Manual Focus Nikon Glass

asiostygius wrote:
Dylan, you and Monty have a great talent for people shots.
Due to my shyness I am more comfortable with bugs, birds and plants

Jose, I am also more comfortable photographing inanimate subjects. But I rarely FEEL anything about those photos. Sometimes yes of course, the right photo of any subject can move me. But I personally feel more rewarded capturing people, and it is well worth it to me to sometimes place myself in uncomfortable situations.

People are just people. Every single one of them has their own insecurities, fears, loves, hopes, dreams. They are just like you. It really is worth exploring. Humanity is by far the greatest subject for photography, in my opinion of course.

In your city you have 10 million faces to find. I can't even wrap my head around that. My whole country has just under 35 million, my city around 700k. Trade places?

Oct 07, 2012 at 03:27 AM
DTOB
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Jose, I am also more comfortable photographing inanimate subjects. But I rarely FEEL anything about those photos. Sometimes yes of course, the right photo of any subject can move me. But I personally feel more rewarded capturing people, and it is well worth it to me to sometimes place myself in uncomfortable situations.

People are just people. Every single one of them has their own insecurities, fears, loves, hopes, dreams. They are just like you. It really is worth exploring. Humanity is by far the greatest subject for photography, in my opinion of course.

In your city you have 10 million faces to find. I can't even wrap my head around that. My whole country has just under 35 million, my city around 700k. Trade places?

Oct 07, 2012 at 03:15 AM

Previous versions of DTOB's message #11021593 « Manual Focus Nikon Glass »