Nov 03, 2012 at 10:59 PM
georgms
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2018 #2 · p.2018 #2 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Zichar wrote:
Great use of the 85PCE, georg!

>>

Scrubbing off all the mud away with a stiff-bristled brush, was struck by the amazing redness underneath. Brought it to the kitchen window and grabbed the camera

Water chestnuts
45PCE with natural light

Chin, thanks, I like your choice of framing and the beautiful light on your water chestnuts!

Ian Boys
• • • •
p.2018 #3 · p.2018 #3 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Yes, this is lovely. Happy shots are good, though I seem to do a lot of dark ones.

CGrindahl
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2018 #4 · p.2018 #4 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Hi Leighton... Long time no see... We're like ships passing in the night... You're doing great work providing guidance and support to this thread. It is in good hands when I'm wandering around. I figure that your new camera has to you so enthused about photography that you'd be spending hours here whether I was around or not.

I need some inspiration. Maybe I NEED to buy a D600...

Nov 03, 2012 at 11:03 PM
georgms
• • • •
p.2018 #5 · p.2018 #5 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

CGrindahl wrote:
Nancy, it is a delight to have a pro share work on the thread. Georg has been entertaining us for quite some time, as has Matt. But Matt generally shoots with AF gear, so it is his personal work he shares with us. Georg is up to his eyebrows in MF Nikkor lenses, so wherever he is, he tends to find time to do a bit of work that is suitable for this thread. Now you and Lizze have arrived, increasing our quotient of working pros dramatically. I'm very glad you found us and hope you'll continue to share your
...Show more

Curtis, I'm afraid Nancy's "Fuji camera" is a Nikon film-camera with Fujifilm 800 in it

Nov 03, 2012 at 11:06 PM
CGrindahl
• • • • • •
p.2018 #6 · p.2018 #6 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Here are two cats, the first shot was with the 55 f/1.2 S-C AI'd and the second with the 180 f/2.8 AI-s. The BW photo is of Enigma, who visits quite regularly and has become a friend. The other cat is another visitor but it quickly leaves when I appear. I glanced up while shooting leaves and noticed it was sleeping at the edge of the roof for the cottage where I live. With a bit of encouragement he/she lifted a head and turned slighted toward me. I'm a big fan of cats. Fortunately, between Laura, Samy, Rinie and a few others, cats are well represented on this thread.

Nov 03, 2012 at 11:08 PM
CGrindahl
• • • • • •
p.2018 #7 · p.2018 #7 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

georgms wrote:
Curtis, I'm afraid Nancy's "Fuji camera" is a Nikon film-camera with Fujifilm 800 in it

I know, I know... I have no idea where to draw a line around this but I don't want to find myself arguing with some Canon shooter over the subject. At least if we end up in cyber court I can say I registered an objection...

Nov 03, 2012 at 11:10 PM
Rinie Hoff
• • •
p.2018 #8 · p.2018 #8 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Thanks Monty, Leighton and Curtis.
Yes Curtis, the parents were vey happy, but in a magazine...
Actually, she appeared in the thread a year ago, a photo taken during the same weekend with the same singing friends. I can't find the post back, so I'll just post it again. She was way more shy. On this photo she was almost 4 years old.

With the 35mm @ f/4

Nov 03, 2012 at 11:14 PM
georgms
• • • •
p.2018 #9 · p.2018 #9 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Rinie, wow, what a beautiful portrait! Love the airy feel caused by the bright tones - a perfect match for your lovely "subject"!

Ian, I'll join the chorus: welcome and the portrait of your daughter is really excellent!

Nov 03, 2012 at 11:16 PM
MDoc9523
• • • • •
p.2018 #10 · p.2018 #10 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

CGrindahl wrote:
Rinie... that photo is out of this world! It belongs in a magazine. I imagine the girl's parents were over the top when they saw that one. Outstanding work...

+1 I agree !!!

Nov 03, 2012 at 11:16 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

MDoc9523
• • • • •
p.2018 #11 · p.2018 #11 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

CGrindahl wrote:

Here are two cats, the first shot was with the 55 f/1.2 S-C AI'd and the second with the 180 f/2.8 AI-s. The BW photo is of Enigma, who visits quite regularly and has become a friend. The other cat is another visitor but it quickly leaves when I appear. I glanced up while shooting leaves and noticed it was sleeping at the edge of the roof for the cottage where I live. With a bit of encouragement he/she lifted a head and turned slighted toward me. I'm a big fan of cats. Fortunately, between Laura, Samy, Rinie and a
...Show more
Wow this is such a pretty photo. I love the color and the watchful eye

Nov 03, 2012 at 11:18 PM
Ian Boys
• • • •
p.2018 #12 · p.2018 #12 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

a bit darker:

Nikon FE-2 / 50mm Series E f1.8 / Tri-X

Nov 03, 2012 at 11:18 PM
Ian Boys
• • • •
p.2018 #13 · p.2018 #13 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

georgms wrote:
Ian, I'll join the chorus: welcome and the portrait of your daughter is really excellent!

Danke!

Nov 03, 2012 at 11:19 PM
Rinie Hoff
• • •
p.2018 #14 · p.2018 #14 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Thanks Georg and Ray!

Yesterday finally the sun popped out underneath the clouds and put everything in a golden light. I saw it on the buildings on the other side of the river, so I opened the window and looked to the west. The light was absolutely beautiful. Then I looked to the east and saw a very strong double rainbow. Absolutely beautiful too. It was all too stunning for words. I grabbed the camera with the 28 on, but I found it was too wide, put the 85 1.4 on, it was too long, so I grabbed the other one at hand, the 50-135, which helped me out.
Here are three shot from yesterday at the riverside.

50-135 @ f/8

85mm f/1.4 (the newest one) at f/5.6

50-135mm @ f/8

Nov 03, 2012 at 11:31 PM
georgms
• • • •
p.2018 #15 · p.2018 #15 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Curtis, I like the picture of the cat peaking around the corner a lot - the fluffy fur against the gritty textures of the concrete-steps - very nice!

Leighton, love your portrait of the bass-player! The B&W of the hoar frost is beautiful as well.

Ray, sorry, I'm a bit slow: your pictures from your mountain-trip are first rate! I like especially the cabin and the pano - fantastic captures!

Monty, excellent B&W's with Nikki! I really like #3 for it's graphic qualities.

Bert, beautiful night-shots! The cable-car looks fantastic, love the wet streets reflecting the lights.

Samy, great work with that large lens on those small birds! Do you shoot from a monopod or from a tripod?

Dean, amazing work at the Cambodian temple! Reminds somehow of a well-known film :-) The last picture with the cat is pretty surreal.

Philippe, your Lemur-captures are really cool, I like especially the first two shots.

Nov 03, 2012 at 11:36 PM
Rinie Hoff
• • •
p.2018 #16 · p.2018 #16 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

MDoc9523 wrote:
Wow this is such a pretty photo. I love the color and the watchful eye

Both are very nice, but I love this one with the colorful elements in it and the one peeking eye. It looks like he red leave is a shawl around his neck.

Edited on Nov 03, 2012 at 11:41 PM · View previous versions

Nov 03, 2012 at 11:40 PM
bruni
• • •
p.2018 #17 · p.2018 #17 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Lieutenant Z wrote:
Ben, what 20 mm do you prefer : the 2.8 ais or the 3.5 UD?
Thanks

Phillippe - the 3.5UD I bought came with an old hoya skylight filter attached that so perfectly matched the lens that I didn't even notice it for the first few weeks. I've never taken it off.So Im not sure to what extent the filter contributes to the very special character of that lens.

The 3.5 UD produces very rich colours, and has strong vignetting. I love the rendering - but some people may not.

I would say the 2.8 is better optically (and it's smaller and lighter), very sharp.

I really like the nikon 14 - 24 mm at 20mm - to me, that's a miraculous lens. And the zeiss 21 (which I sold) is probably better than all of them - but it has a very different look - a zeiss look you might like.

sorry Phillippe - I've rambled - you shouldn't get me started. Be aware that the 3.5UD is quite big for a 20mm, so if size is an issue bear that in mind, but of those 2, I guess I prefer the 3.5 UD - for it's character.

ben (already looking forward to the Paris/Nancy shots with the 20)

Nov 03, 2012 at 11:41 PM
stedge
• • •
p.2018 #18 · p.2018 #18 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

more of youngest daughters.

NIKON D800E    105mm    f/2.8    1/200s    1250 ISO    0.0 EV  

Nov 03, 2012 at 11:42 PM
georgms
• • • •
p.2018 #19 · p.2018 #19 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Ian, dark is good, film is good - I like your sad puppet!

Rinie, fantastic colors! How do you like your newest 85 so far?

Eric, beautiful B&W-tones at your portrait! I'm not so sure about the framing, but that's just nitpicking.

Nov 03, 2012 at 11:57 PM
MDoc9523
• • • • •
p.2018 #20 · p.2018 #20 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Rinie Hoff wrote:

Thanks Monty, Leighton and Curtis.
Yes Curtis, the parents were vey happy, but in a magazine...
Actually, she appeared in the thread a year ago, a photo taken during the same weekend with the same singing friends. I can't find the post back, so I'll just post it again. She was way more shy. On this photo she was almost 4 years old.

With the 35mm @ f/4
http://lh3.googleusercontent.com/--Z9rnODyIr8/TqCYXUkBBZI/AAAAAAAAbpE/kR_DwJhfIAY/s900/20111015-DSC_1889.jpg

Brings to mind Elton Johns song "blue eyes" - Beautiful

Nov 04, 2012 at 12:06 AM
1       2       3              2017      
       2019              5884       5885       end

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              2017      
       2019              5884       5885       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password