Upload & Sell: On
| Re: D800 left focusing problem - is it going away? |
Received mine today evening from Crutchfield.
Here's a quick test I did (14-24 at 24mm f/2.8):
1. Focus manually using live view on left most focus point and note the precise position on the focus scale
2. Disable live view. Zoom out, focus and zoom in to 24mm and refocus. Camera did not move at.
3. Repeated the above a few times.
Findings: Every single time the focus scale read at the exact same point. No difference between live view scale reading and the other 3 focus attempts.
Repeated the above with 24-70 at f/2.8 and same findings.
Finally, compared the focus scale reading at center focus and scale reading at left most and right most. The left and the right always matched spot on, the center was slightly different. I believe this is expected because of the wide angle and field of curvature.
The key is:
* Live view manual and auto focus matched within a given focus point.
* Left and Right matched between live view manual and auto focus.
You think I got a good one?
In the middle of restructuring my kit & waiting on a couple of things unrelated to photography to fall in place before I decide I can keep this. So can't/don't want to put any actuations on the camera yet.
Serial 3006* from Crutchfield