Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

My posts · My subscriptions

Previous versions of RustyBug's message #11004190 « How to give this more pop? »

RustyBug
Upload & Sell: On
Re: How to give this more pop?

Part of the problem is that you have mixed lighting which is causing you to have different color casts (warm vs. cool) in differing areas of the image.

Those areas that were illuminated by your flash have one WB, while those areas the flash didn't reach (or reached less of) were illuminated by ambient WB. Anytime you have a color cast, it will rob you of the ability to make it "pop".

The supersaturation reveals the differing areas. Notice how the sink changes color (also the tiles) when it should be a consistent color (i.e. white or close to it). Shooting @ high ISO/slow shutter may have allowed you to pick up warm ambient influence in the areas not receiving direct flash.

Sep 30, 2012 at 04:53 AM
RustyBug

Part of the problem is that you have mixed lighting which is causing you to have different color casts (warm vs. cool) in differing areas of the image.

Those areas that were illuminated by your flash have one WB, while those areas the flash didn't reach (or reached less of) were illuminated by ambient WB. Anytime you have a color cast, it will rob you of the ability to make it "pop".

The supersaturation reveals the differing areas. Notice how the sink changes color (also the tiles) when it should be a consistent color (i.e. white or close to it). Shooting @ high ISO/slow shutter allowed you to pick up warm ambient influence.

Sep 30, 2012 at 04:49 AM
RustyBug

The supersaturation reveals the differing areas. Notice how the sink changes color (also the tiles) when it should be a consistent color (i.e. white or close to it). Shooting @ high ISO/slow shutter allowed you to pick up warm ambient influence.

Sep 30, 2012 at 04:38 AM

Previous versions of RustyBug's message #11004190 « How to give this more pop? »