Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

My posts · My subscriptions

Previous versions of skibum5's message #10998991 « Canon 24-70mm f/2.8L II reviewed by Photozone »

skibum5
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: Canon 24-70mm f/2.8L II reviewed by Photozone

jasonFTW wrote:
Thanks! Ordered. Let's hope they really are in stock. Cancelling Adorama pre-order now.

Watch out. PC Nation was faking about stock. I got suspicious when order wasn't going through as verified yet and called and they said it's back ordered. Maybe a few people got through, but not everyone when it was listed in stock. I think they were just trying to attract orders. I even had special shipping on it, which would've been a total farce of a waste when it arrived. Maybe mine was just delayed for first time customer and others who ordered as long time customers got them. Who really knows. EDIT: sounds like maybe they had a few but if you were first time big ticket purchase from them they bumped you out of order and in the meantime they sold them all out before they even got to call you to verify even if you already passed their email verification test which made it sound like everything was all set!! They should have at least held your place in line while they got around to calling you back to verify payment CC,a little poor to bump your spot in line all the way until stock was gone. By the time I found I was bumped I had to pay for speedier shipping elsewhere. Oh well. Again lesson if it need something never rely on web orders just call and speak to a real person so you know what is up on the spot and can get any potential issued handled right away, another silly mistake on my part.

Kenmore did have them for real though. Very friendly place with honest in stock listings.

Sep 28, 2012 at 12:21 AM
skibum5

jasonFTW wrote:
Thanks! Ordered. Let's hope they really are in stock. Cancelling Adorama pre-order now.

Watch out. PC Nation was faking about stock. I got suspicious when order wasn't going through as verified yet and called and they said it's back ordered. Maybe a few people got through, but not everyone when it was listed in stock. I think they were just trying to attract orders. I even had special shipping on it, which would've been a total farce of a waste when it arrived. Maybe mine was just delayed for first time customer and others who ordered as long time customers got them. Who really knows. EDIT: sounds like maybe they had a few but if you were first time big ticket purchase from them they bumped you out of order and in the meantime they sold them all out before they even got to call you to verify!!

Kenmore did have them for real though. Very friendly place with honest in stock listings.

Sep 28, 2012 at 12:18 AM
skibum5

jasonFTW wrote:

Watch out. PC Nation was faking about stock. I got suspicious when order wasn't going through as verified yet and called and they said it's back ordered. Maybe a few people got through, but not everyone when it was listed in stock. I think they were just trying to attract orders. I even had special shipping on it, which would've been a total farce of a waste when it arrived. Maybe mine was just delayed for first time customer and others who ordered as long time customers got them. Who really knows.

Sep 27, 2012 at 11:42 PM

Previous versions of skibum5's message #10998991 « Canon 24-70mm f/2.8L II reviewed by Photozone »