Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

My posts · My subscriptions

Previous versions of melcat's message #10968730 « 20MP Canon 6D full frame DSLR announced! »

melcat
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: 20MP Canon 6D full frame DSLR announced!

jj_glos wrote:
The 7D viewfinder isn't too bad at all.

There's no getting around the physics: it's got to be either smaller or dimmer, because it's gathering less light. From brief handling, they went with dimmer for the 7D.

I know many people seem to be happy with APS-C, and many were happy with pentamirrors on Canon film days. I never understood how.

As surely APS-C has a wider lens selection than FF as it can use all EF lenses and also EF-S?

I'd rather not derail the thread by getting into a full frame/crop discussion. The demand from people who want a full frame lens set is demonstrated and Canon is responding to it here.

Sep 17, 2012 at 10:04 AM
melcat

jj_glos wrote:

There's no getting around the physics: it's got to be either smaller or dimmer, because it's gathering less light. From brief handling, they went with dimmer for the 7D.

I know many people seem to be happy with APS-C, and many were happy with pentamirrors on Canon film days. I never understood how.

As surely APS-C has a wider lens selection than FF as it can use all EF lenses and also EF-S?

I'd rather not derail the thread by getting into a full frame/crop discussion. The demand from people who want a full frame lens set is demonstrated and Canon is responding to it here. Presumaby the AF limitations were to keep costs down.

Sep 17, 2012 at 10:04 AM
melcat

jj_glos wrote:

I'd rather not derail the thread by getting into a full frame/crop discussion. The demand from people who want a full frame lens set is demonstrated and Canon is responding to it here.

Sep 17, 2012 at 10:02 AM

Previous versions of melcat's message #10968730 « 20MP Canon 6D full frame DSLR announced! »