Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

My posts · My subscriptions

Previous versions of RustyBug's message #10909500 « Reflections to Ponder »

RustyBug
Upload & Sell: On
Reflections to Ponder

Thanks Ben,

Yes ... the flotsam is definitely present in the two areas you mentioned.

Funny thing @ that ... my "purist" vein (and you didn't think I knew what the word meant ) is popping up a bit on this one. I'm torn at taking them out vs. leaving them in, in the vein of "no photoshop" / "au natural". I kinda wish there was a "big leaf" ... or that dang turtle I was hoping to get in the scene (which just wouldn't follow my directions ) on the surface to help reveal some "non-reflection" element.

I'll likely take a look to see if I can pull them out in a way that I don't "screw up" the rhythm of the ripples (plausible realism). I was curious how noticeable they were ... but with the discriminating eyes we've got around here in the land of the "micro-nit" ... what else would I expect except for it to be noticed.

BTW ... this will be a competition piece for a very specific theme @ "Interpretive Representation of Artist's Sculpture in its Environment" ... or something close to that. It'll be 1 of 3 pieces being submitted for jury selection by the Mitchell Museum representing their Sculpture Park. With that in mind ... thoughts @ printing ... matte, canvas, metallic, etc. should it make it past the jury selection.

FYI ... the dialogues we have here ... I try to carry them with me. Travis' recent thread really resonated with me @ "too subtle" for competition as we all loved his image, yet sought to understand the judges response.

Aug 25, 2012 at 05:50 PM
RustyBug
Upload & Sell: On
Reflections to Ponder

Thanks Ben,

Yes ... the flotsam is definitely present in the two areas you mentioned.

Funny thing @ that ... my "purist" vein (and you didn't think I knew what the word meant ) is popping up a bit on this one. I'm torn at taking them out vs. leaving them in, in the vein of "no photoshop" / "au natural". I kinda wish there was a "big leaf" ... or that dang turtle I was hoping to get in the scene (which just wouldn't follow my directions ) on the surface to help reveal some "non-reflection" element.

I'll likely take a look to see if I can pull them out in a way that I don't "screw up" the rhythm of the ripples (plausible realism). I was curious how noticeable they were ... but with the discriminating eyes we've got around here in the land of the "micro-nit" ... what else would I expect except for it to be noticed.

Aug 25, 2012 at 05:35 PM

Previous versions of RustyBug's message #10909500 « Reflections to Ponder »