Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

My posts · My subscriptions

Previous versions of dsr1's message #10893299 « Do 1D IIn & 1DsII out perform 60D or 7D? »

dsr1
Upload & Sell: On
Do 1D IIn & 1DsII out perform 60D or 7D?

I have a 60D now and it's a wonderful camera but I really have a hard time photographing BIF. My keeper rate is maybe 3 in 10 which is awful. I also know my skills could use work but for BIF I think I might need more help.

I've always wanted a 1D series for BIF shots but but being just an enthusiast photographer, can't justify nor afford one until they'er older. I've been wondering if folks like me might be as well off buying a low milage, clean 1D IIn or 1DS II instead of a 7D or possibly the 70D when it comes out and which would you suggest?

I know the 1D II's have the 45 pt.. AF as well as the better build and many other advantages but it also has the older Dig II processor. Does the Dig. 1V processor and newer technology of the 60D & 7D make them as good as or better performers than the older, flag ship (when new) 1DII series.

I'd like to have a newer model but I don't understand why 1D III went back to the 19pt. AF system and a 1D IV is still out of my price range.

If a 1D IIn or 1Ds II would work better for my wildlife and BIF shooting, It would be my second camera with the 60D for volunteer event work at Church and outr Extension office..

Your suggestions are welcome.

Aug 19, 2012 at 05:46 AM
dsr1
Upload & Sell: On
Do 1D IIn & 1DsII out perform 60D or 7D?

I have a 60D now and it's a wonderful camera but I really have a hard time photographing BIF. My keeper rate is maybe 3 in 10 which is awful. I also know my skills could use work but for BIF I think I might need more help.

I've always wanted a 1D series for BIF shots but but being just an enthusiast photographer, can't justify nor afford one until they'er older. I've been wondering if folks like me might be as well off buying a low milage, clean 1D IIn or 1DS II instead of a 7D or possibly the 70D when it comes out and which would you suggest?

I know the 1D II's have the 45 pt.. AF as well as the better build and many other advantages but it also has the older Dig II processor. Does the Dig. 1V processor and newer technology of the 60D & 7D make them as good as or better performers than the older, flag ship (when new) 1DII series.

I'd like to have a newer model but I don't understand why 1D III went back to the 19pt. AF system and a 1D IV is still out of my price range.

If a 1D IIn or 1Ds II would work better for my wildlife and BIF shooting, I could also keep the smaller 60D for work at Church and the Extension office, where I volunteer my photographic work for their events.

Your suggestions are welcome.

Aug 19, 2012 at 05:38 AM

Previous versions of dsr1's message #10893299 « Do 1D IIn & 1DsII out perform 60D or 7D? »