Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

My posts · My subscriptions

Previous versions of RustyBug's message #10858841 « Arcs... »

RustyBug
Upload & Sell: On
Re: Arcs...

Bob Jarman wrote:
nothing ventured, nothing gained

+1 ... nothing wrong with a "swing & a miss" once in a while, when you're on your way to "knockin' 'em outa the park"

I think this would be fine, as long as there was another way of establishing context (sans the ball) ... i.e. other pic, part of an article, hanging in the clubhouse, etc.

I also think it works much better if your were to entitle it "Tussle", "Struggle", Fight" (or whatever the appropriate Rugby term would be). With it titled "Tussle" it now makes me wonder what they are 'tussling' over. I can see the uniforms, so even without the ball, I can project some kind of sport, or school attire. Then it becomes an "I wonder" if they are competing ... or are they fighting ... with no ball to give the clue. The facial expression on the background player has a bit of "wonderment" on him as well.

As an abstract @ "arcs" ... maybe a bit too subtle. As a story piece, I think it still works fine ... just play on the "missing ball" via the title.

Aug 05, 2012 at 02:14 PM
RustyBug

Bob Jarman wrote:

+1 ... nothing wrong with a "swing & a miss" once in a while, when you're on your way to "knockin' 'em outa the park"

I think this would be fine, as long as there was another way of establishing context (sans the ball) ... i.e. other pic, part of an article, hanging in the clubhouse, etc.

I also think it works much better if your were to entitle it "Tussle" (or whatever the appropriate Rugby term would be). With it titled "Tussle" it now makes me wonder what they are 'tussling' over. I can see the uniforms, so even without the ball, I can project some kind of sport, or school attire. Then it becomes an "I wonder" if they are competing ... or are they fighting ... with no ball to give the clue. The facial expression on the background player has a bit of "wonderment" on him as well.

As an abstract @ "arcs" ... maybe a bit too subtle. As a story piece, I think it still works fine ... just play on the "missing ball" via the title.

Aug 05, 2012 at 02:13 PM
RustyBug

Bob Jarman wrote:

Aug 05, 2012 at 02:04 PM

Previous versions of RustyBug's message #10858841 « Arcs... »