Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

My posts · My subscriptions

Previous versions of mitesh's message #10826464 « Few questions for the amazing FM'ers »

mitesh
Upload & Sell: On
Re: Few questions for the amazing FM'ers

Let me first say that I am not a professional event photographer, but as an Indian who has experienced Hindu baby showers, I can tell you that a 2-day event is HIGHLY unusual. Weddings can be 2-3 day events, but a baby shower is typically just a few hours (anywhere from 2-6 hours depending on how in-depth the religious ceremony is and what other festivities are included).

I would ask for more details of the event, possibly a timeline. Unless the family is a really big deal, I wouldn't expect more than 200-300 people. My wife's baby shower was about 150 and we had exactly one photographer who was able to do portraits and candids. I would encourage you to be clear on expectations and, as borderlight suggested, get it all in writing. We Indians are notorious for last-minute surprises and unplanned special requests.

Good luck and hope it works out for you!

Jul 23, 2012 at 02:56 PM

Previous versions of mitesh's message #10826464 « Few questions for the amazing FM'ers »