Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Previous versions of mokofoko's message #10741208 « sold lens buyers wants to return »

mokofoko
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: sold lens buyers wants to return

I am the buyer in this case. Regardless of the \"gut feelings\" that fellow sellers may have, paypal has a defined 45-day dispute period--and beyond that, a credit card chargeback may be filed within 90-days of the posting date.

I was waiting on a cowboy LED macro ringflash to be shipped to me before I started playing with the macro setup, so no, I don\'t think 8 days was a long time to wait.

I\'ve currently got 84-positive buying/selling feedbacks here, nary a complaint, and I\'ve done roughly the same amount of business over on POTN:
https://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/feedback/221326

http://photography-on-the.net/forum/member.php?u=250741

The lens may be plenty accurate on his body, but it severely front-focuses (+20 MA) on all 3 of mine (5d2, 1ds2, 10d)--and only one of them actually has MA capability. The issue is consistently repeatable at all distances, be it 1:1, or 30 feet away. Not acceptable. Not acceptable at all. The seller immediately refused my request for a return, and instead offered a $30 refund. Sigmas price for calibration of a lens of this class is approximately $100, and doesn\'t include the shipping costs or the wasted time (from 2-4 weeks repair).

I don\'t like getting emotional over such things, but I don\'t like having my time wasted. I like it even less when I\'m being treated as a criminal. Seriously now, what exactly can I do with a lens over the course of 8 days that I could not do in 2-3 days? Considering it was sent via USPS, I wouldn\'t doubt that the box was dropped a good number of times already.

Jun 20, 2012 at 11:57 PM
mokofoko
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: sold lens buyers wants to return

I am the buyer in this case. Regardless of the \"gut feelings\" that fellow sellers may have, paypal has a defined 45-day dispute period--and beyond that, a credit card chargeback may be filed within 90-days of the posting date.

I was waiting on a cowboy LED macro ringflash to be shipped to me before I started playing with the macro setup, so no, I don\'t think 8 days was a long time to wait.

I\'ve currently got 84-positive buying/selling feedbacks here, nary a complaint, and I\'ve done roughly the same amount of business over on POTN:
https://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/feedback/221326

The lens may be plenty accurate on his body, but it severely front-focuses (+20 MA) on all 3 of mine (5d2, 1ds2, 10d)--and only one of them actually has MA capability. The issue is consistently repeatable at all distances, be it 1:1, or 30 feet away. Not acceptable. Not acceptable at all. The seller immediately refused my request for a return, and instead offered a $30 refund. Sigmas price for calibration of a lens of this class is approximately $100, and doesn\'t include the shipping costs or the wasted time (from 2-4 weeks repair).

I don\'t like getting emotional over such things, but I don\'t like having my time wasted. I like it even less when I\'m being treated as a criminal. Seriously now, what exactly can I do with a lens over the course of 8 days that I could not do in 2-3 days? Considering it was sent via USPS, I wouldn\'t doubt that the box was dropped a good number of times already.

Jun 20, 2012 at 11:22 PM

Previous versions of mokofoko's message #10741208 « sold lens buyers wants to return »

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.