Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

My posts · My subscriptions

Previous versions of joxang's message #10668296 « 5D + Zeiss 50mm 1.7 testing (pics update) »

joxang
Upload & Sell: Off
5D + Zeiss 50mm 1.7 testing (+ stiff aperture ring problem?)

Just picked up this lens, cosmetically, everything about it appears to be in perfect condition. Adapted for use on a 5D and the out of camera results are stunning! Contrasty, amazing colours, I'm very pleasantly surprised for the cost . Photos in next post.

Only problem is that the aperture ring is a bit stiff. The iris blades are fine, no sticking or anything, but turning the ring there is an uneven amount of stiffness and a bit of 'wobble' between clicks. Does anyone know if this is this normal for old Contax Zeiss lenses, or whether this might be something I or a repairman could fix? Will post some pics from the lens after I shoot some more later today .

May 26, 2012 at 01:05 PM
joxang
Upload & Sell: Off
Contax Zeiss 50mm 1.7 (stiff aperture ring?)

Just picked up this lens, cosmetically, everything about it appears to be in perfect condition. Adapted for use on a 5D and the out of camera results are stunning! Contrasty, amazing colours, I'm very pleasantly surprised for the cost .

Only problem is that the aperture ring is a bit stiff. The iris blades are fine, no sticking or anything, but turning the ring there is an uneven amount of stiffness and a bit of 'wobble' between clicks.

Does anyone know if this is this normal for old Contax Zeiss lenses, or whether this might be something I or a repairman could fix? Will post some pics from the lens after I shoot some more later today .

May 26, 2012 at 09:42 AM

Previous versions of joxang's message #10668296 « 5D + Zeiss 50mm 1.7 testing (pics update) »