Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Previous versions of PetKal's message #10291729 « Passion for Duckhunting »

PetKal
Upload & Sell: Off
Passion for Duckhunting

Weather permitting, which is almost every day, I like to spend about an hour photographing birds that fly. I go after any birds that are available, which in winter is severely restricted, although mallards and pijuns can always be counted on. Summers are much better in species variety, not to mention the environment/background quality .

The best analogy would be to compare my BIF shooting to hunting.....except I hunt with my camera-lens, not with a weapon.
The reward of the sport is a successful capture. Also, always hoping to get a real nice \"trophy\" picture some day.

Given the time I have spent on this pursuit, I would have probably become good at it eventually, had it not been for changing lenses constantly, from wide angle to 800mm, which keeps pushing me back onto the learning curve time and time again.

Here\'s today\'s catch, such as it is.

Edit: This thread has been replaced with a fresh one on Jn.30,2012.

Jan 30, 2012 at 06:55 AM
PetKal
Upload & Sell: Off
Passion for Duckhunting

Weather permitting, which is almost every day, I like to spend about an hour photographing birds that fly. I go after any birds that are available, which in winter is severely restricted, although mallards and pijuns can always be counted on. Summers are much better in species variety, not to mention the environment/background quality .

The best analogy would be to compare my BIF shooting to hunting.....except I hunt with my camera-lens, not with a weapon.
The reward of the sport is a successful capture. Also, always hoping to get a real nice \"trophy\" picture some day.

Given the time I have spent on this pursuit, I would have probably become good at it eventually, had it not been for changing lenses constantly, from wide angle to 800mm, which keeps pushing me back onto the learning curve time and time again.

Here\'s today\'s catch, such as it is.

Jan 29, 2012 at 04:08 PM

Previous versions of PetKal's message #10291729 « Passion for Duckhunting »

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.