Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

My posts · My subscriptions

Previous versions of DynaSport's message #10128742 « Want a new camera, a little help please »

DynaSport
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: Want a new camera, a little help please

surf monkey wrote:
I've had the same personal dilemma/quest as you in regards to finding the "perfect" small setup.
To this end, everyone finds there own answers and rarely do they find the one, perfect solution.

For me it comes down to convenience vs performance and I have settled on a multi-option solution:
1) iPhone 4S (love the shots using the quite capable apps)
2) Canon S90 (pocketable)
3) Olympus E-P2 + 14f2.5 (large jacket pocketable)
4) Canon 5Dii + 24-105 (surprisingly easy to tote using just one lens, carried on a recent 60 mile 3Day Walk for breast cancer)

For #3, I also considered the NEX, but isn't as pocketable because the larger sensor adds larger lenses.
Considered the Fuji X100, but the cost was a bit high and I thought I needed a multi-lens system.

I think you are right, there really is no one solution. I will always want a DSLR as I still do some shooting with studio lights from time to time. Plus, I love the control I can get with it and the ability to change lenses. Funds limit me having all the gear I want. however, so I am trying to determine the best next step for me. Perhaps it is to get something like your option 3 next. Still thinking...

Nov 30, 2011 at 09:17 PM

Previous versions of DynaSport's message #10128742 « Want a new camera, a little help please »