Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              2869      
       2871              4434       4435       end

Manual Focus Nikon Glass

leighton w
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2870 #1 · p.2870 #1 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

markhout wrote:
"Bizarro", Six Flags. There is nothing straight about the Bizarro...

105mm 2.5 AI-S, D800e, 1/8000 @ 4.0, ISO 500. Lightroom then Silver Efex Pro 2:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/6828225/_DSC6484-Edit.jpg

Love the perspective of this one Mark.

May 19, 2013 at 09:08 PM
leighton w
• • • • •
p.2870 #2 · p.2870 #2 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

MarkdV wrote:
Hi All,

It's been quite an intense past few days and I've not been able to keep up with the thread at all, but I can see from this page alone there's plenty of amazing photographs to catch up on. However much as I love my hobby and the inspiration I get from the work people post here there is something more important and this past week that was being with my son in hospital after he was taken ill. Thankfully he is much better, back home and recovering well but it's made for quite some stressful time.
I have a small
...Show more

I'm so glad he's doing better. I know what it's like when you have a child in the hospital.

May 19, 2013 at 09:09 PM
leighton w
• • • • •
p.2870 #3 · p.2870 #3 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Ray of light.

Ray of Light-180/2.8 ED AIS by Leighton W, on Flickr

May 19, 2013 at 09:15 PM
CGrindahl
• • • • • •
p.2870 #4 · p.2870 #4 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Gorgeous shot Leighton... as they say, photography is all about the light. I see scenes like this and the first thing I think is I need to stop and take a photo. I seldom do... being retired is so demanding... I don't have the time...

May 19, 2013 at 09:42 PM
philipj
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2870 #5 · p.2870 #5 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Peter (Madison), stunning focus stacking work!

Chuong, great use of the 28 f/2.8 AI-s for environmental portraiture. Did you just get this lens?

Margot was threatening to have a fever and was in some obvious pain as a result of teething. I took a quick run out to get her some medicine this morning, and shot these with the 28mm f/2.8 AI-s on route:

Baskets by philipjohnson, on Flickr

Ossington by philipjohnson, on Flickr

This evening Margot's doing much better.

Super Margot by philipjohnson, on Flickr

May 19, 2013 at 09:44 PM
CGrindahl
• • • • • •
p.2870 #6 · p.2870 #6 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Sorry to hear about your son's illness Mark. I've never been a parent but I've no doubt that witnessing your child suffer is one of life's greatest challenges. I know in the work I've done as a grief counselor, that the most painful loss is the death of a child. It seems such a violation of the natural order in which younger people witness their elders passing and not the other way around. So much love is born through the ongoing interaction between parent and child that happens 24 hours of every day.

I'm pleased to hear he is doing better. We take nothing for granted. Every moment is precious. And love is the only currency that ultimately matters. Hope all is well for you, your son and your whole family.

May 19, 2013 at 09:49 PM
georgms
• • • •
p.2870 #7 · p.2870 #7 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Mark, I'm glad to hear your boy is doing better.

Leighton, you made the very best out of a rainy sunday.

Mark (from the US), love the "Bizarro"-shot: cut back to the essentials. Wonderful.

Peter, the "Scarborough sunset" is spectacular!

Scott, love the "balance" of your fine picture from the tulips. Thanks for your comment on the pup!

Jeff, your "old friend" is aging gracefully. Beautiful B&W and perfect framing!

Chuong, lovely and quite lively pictures of your son ;-)

Ronny, "Lookout" is another fantastic portrait of Nitro. Well done!

Jose, love the 3D-look of the first epiphyte-image. The harsh light was tough, but adds a lot of depth to this shot.
Thanks for your comments! Btw, I've lost the auction for the 25-50/4 :-(

Ron, "Cooper" seems to be quite a character. Nice portrait!

May 19, 2013 at 09:54 PM
Jorge Torralba
• • • •
p.2870 #8 · p.2870 #8 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Ok. more with the 50 1.2

May 20, 2013 at 12:26 AM
NightOwl Cat
• • • • •
p.2870 #9 · p.2870 #9 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

+2

I actually didn't get much shooting done in the two weeks I was off, but I'm sure that in the next 12 weeks, I'll get some shooting in, since one of my classes is Photography I, B&W and Darkroom Developing.

georgms wrote:
Mark, I'm glad to hear your boy is doing better.

Leighton, you made the very best out of a rainy sunday.

Mark (from the US), love the "Bizarro"-shot: cut back to the essentials. Wonderful.

Peter, the "Scarborough sunset" is spectacular!

Scott, love the "balance" of your fine picture from the tulips. Thanks for your comment on the pup!

Jeff, your "old friend" is aging gracefully. Beautiful B&W and perfect framing!

Chuong, lovely and quite lively pictures of your son ;-)

Ronny, "Lookout" is another fantastic portrait of Nitro. Well done!

Jose, love the 3D-look of the first epiphyte-image. The harsh light was tough, but adds a lot
...Show more

May 20, 2013 at 02:08 AM
raboof
• • •
p.2870 #10 · p.2870 #10 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Thanks everyone for your comments on my little boy's pix.
Leighton - Love that flower shot.
Philip - No, I have this lens for a while now. As I going through bunch of lenses to see what I like, I find that the 28mm f2.8 AIS is one of my favorites.

May 20, 2013 at 02:33 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

kwoodard
• • • •
p.2870 #11 · p.2870 #11 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Couple from this weekend. One is the oldest camera I own, c. 1916. The other is a Chinese TLR. These are both lit as the sun set and shone through my living room window into my display case. I wish more of the Kodak was lit, but the sunlight didn't go high enough.

Both taken with the Series E 50mm f/1.8.

_DSC8416 by Kevin.Woodard, on Flickr

_DSC8409 by Kevin.Woodard, on Flickr

Oh, you can see the "free" Series E 100mm f/2.8 that I am repairing. Had a stuck focus ring. Seems this lens sat for so long that the grease separated out and is acting like sludge. There is not a single mark on the lens to give any indication that it has ever been used. When I got it, it was found in the bottom of a whole bunch of donated Pentax, Minolta and Canon gear. I got all the Nikon stuff (nobody shoots Nikon at the college I work at, so they had no need for it).

May 20, 2013 at 02:47 AM
rafaelcasd
• • •
p.2870 #12 · p.2870 #12 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Went for the Sunday drive, had wanted to take the 5cm 2.0 S from 1959 out for a spin, this lens is very sharp closed down, but primarily I like the look wide open, very sharp center tapering off to unsharp edges gracefully, beautiful vignette, smooth bokeh.

Used on the D3, converted with Nik film effects to Kodachrome 64.

Mission Santa Ysabel, long fallen, current chapel is from 1924. Deep roots, for me as well.

nikon nikkor nkj 5cm 2.0 S D3 Jewelry truck Ramona California by Rafael CA, on Flickr

nikon nikkor nkj 5cm 2.0 S D3 water truck Ramona California by Rafael CA, on Flickr

nikon nikkor nkj 5cm 2.0 S D3 Santa Ysabel Mission California by Rafael CA, on Flickr

nikon nikkor nkj 5cm 2.0 S D3 Santa Ysabel Mission California 3 by Rafael CA, on Flickr

nikon nikkor nkj 5cm 2.0 S D3 Santa Ysabel Mission California Stained Glass by Rafael CA, on Flickr

nikon nikkor nkj 5cm 2.0 S D3 Santa Ysabel Mission California Stained Glass Crop by Rafael CA, on Flickr

May 20, 2013 at 03:02 AM
rafaelcasd
• • •
p.2870 #13 · p.2870 #13 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Can't help but share the experience of driving backcountry mountain roads in SoCal. Most people ride bikes, as you can only go so fast legally on a car. A bike multiplies the experience at normal speeds.

NKJ 5cm 2.0 S closed down to 5.6

nikon nikkor nkj 5cm 2.0 S D3 Bakcountry road San Diego Hidden Valley by Rafael CA, on Flickr

May 20, 2013 at 03:59 AM
leighton w
• • • • •
p.2870 #14 · p.2870 #14 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Thank you Curtis, Georg and Chuong.

Kevin - I like the second shot, it looks very "old-timey".

Rafael - I love the look of the first image of the old truck. That lens looks very interesting in deed and you also did a nice job in PP.

May 20, 2013 at 10:13 AM
Lieutenant Z
• • • •
p.2870 #15 · p.2870 #15 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

rafaelcasd wrote:
Went for the Sunday drive, had wanted to take the 5cm 2.0 S from 1959 out for a spin, this lens is very sharp closed down, but primarily I like the look wide open, very sharp center tapering off to unsharp edges gracefully, beautiful vignette, smooth bokeh.

Mission Santa Ysabel, long fallen, current chapel is from 1924. Deep roots, for me as well.

on Flickr

Rafael, what a nice rendering ! Like it especially first one.

May 20, 2013 at 10:14 AM
Lieutenant Z
• • • •
p.2870 #16 · p.2870 #16 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Jeff, the b/w tree shots is nice
Scott, great colors
Peter, beautiful panos
Mark, great compo & framing

May 20, 2013 at 10:20 AM
Lieutenant Z
• • • •
p.2870 #17 · p.2870 #17 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Jeff's pine shot makes me remember this one taken in Provence with the 50/1.8 ais :

May 20, 2013 at 10:32 AM
georgms
• • • •
p.2870 #18 · p.2870 #18 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Two shots from today, taken with certain thread-contributors in mind - one for Leighton:

Hausbaumhaus von georgsfoto auf Flickr
PC 85/2.8D, shifted all the way up, please note the beer ;-)

and one for Philip:

Heimat LXVII von georgsfoto auf Flickr
taken with the PC 85/2.8D too, some shift and max. tilt applied

May 20, 2013 at 12:28 PM
deang001
• • •
p.2870 #19 · p.2870 #19 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

rafaelcasd wrote:

What a great lens !! I really the look of those first two images.

Would love to see more of this lens wide open if you get the chance.

Very nice.

May 20, 2013 at 12:29 PM
markhout
• • •
p.2870 #20 · p.2870 #20 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

rafaelcasd wrote:

I agree - I love the 'draw' of those lenses where the focal length is measured in cm...!

May 20, 2013 at 12:43 PM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password