Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              2692      
       2694              4427       4428       end

Manual Focus Nikon Glass

rankamateur
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2693 #1 · p.2693 #1 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

I picked this 28mm 3.5 AI up from the original owner for the wifes D7000. Bjorn's review is very high on this lens on the crop cameras. It came with the original accessory leather case and you can see it is in mint condition. We went up to Longwood for some good places to try it out.. Turns out Bjorn is more than correct. She loves this lens and so do I.

NIKON D7000    28mm    f/8.0    1/160s    400 ISO    -0.7 EV  

Mar 21, 2013 at 05:27 PM
jhinkey
• • • • •
p.2693 #2 · p.2693 #2 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

mp356 wrote:
Everyone on this thread that responds to this 9 lens limit probably has a bad case of NMFAS, or if not, will soon.

I too lament the 9 lens limit - it would have been trivial to make it 50 or some huge number like that!
They probably just want us to buy new shiny AF lenses instead . . .

Edited on Mar 21, 2013 at 05:52 PM · View previous versions

Mar 21, 2013 at 05:41 PM
Kry27
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2693 #3 · p.2693 #3 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Outstanding colours in the first one, thanks for sharing!

Mar 21, 2013 at 05:41 PM
kwoodard
• • • •
p.2693 #4 · p.2693 #4 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

jhinkey wrote:
I too lament the 9 lens limit - it would have been trivial to make it 50 or some huge number like that!

Work around would be to chip them all...

Mar 21, 2013 at 05:56 PM
rankamateur
• • •
p.2693 #5 · p.2693 #5 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

jhinkey wrote:

I have 7 now that I have installed the CPU chip on. It is sooooooooooooo nice to stick the lens on and shoot and not fool with the menu everytime you take one off and put another on. In the end I will reserve the 9 slots for lenses that can not be chipped such as the 50 1.2 or a lens that I may be considered crazy for whacking the baffle on such as the 200-400.

Mar 21, 2013 at 06:00 PM
jhinkey
• • • • •
p.2693 #6 · p.2693 #6 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

kwoodard wrote:
Work around would be to chip them all...

The ones that can be chipped that is . . . some are very easy while others are a major project.

Mar 21, 2013 at 06:04 PM
bruni
• • •
p.2693 #7 · p.2693 #7 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Zichar wrote:
I wouldn't mind Ben's 24 PC-E
He'd probably have his hands full with Nikki when she returns

very funny Chin - I wouldn't mind your 45mmPCE - now that's a lens I know most of us don't have

ben

Mar 21, 2013 at 07:09 PM
Oosty
• • • •
p.2693 #8 · p.2693 #8 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Ron - nice lens. The first image is seriously sharp!

Mar 21, 2013 at 07:25 PM
Oosty
• • • •
p.2693 #9 · p.2693 #9 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

I don't know if anyone is following the D7100 vs D600 thread but I found this interesting.

Any thoughts?

http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1198386/0#11428031

Mar 21, 2013 at 07:48 PM
Oosty
• • • •
p.2693 #10 · p.2693 #10 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

There's also a discussion on the 500mm reflex that made me dig up this old file. - using the D70

Masked Weaver Nest

NIKON D70    0mm    f/0.0    1/125s    -1.0 EV  

Mar 21, 2013 at 07:49 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

MDoc9523
• • • • •
p.2693 #11 · p.2693 #11 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

kings_freak wrote:
On my last outing with Nikki, I went to the Corona Heritage Museum, with my Mom, and walked around a bit. This was the first time I had been there when the train exhibit was open. I went in and met the two gentlemen that ran the exhibit and got a cool history lesson about Corona. The exhibit is built to replicate life in Corona in 1949. Lots of historical buildings as well as landmarks that I recognize today. The neat part, is that I am now going to photograph the whole exhibit to be used for their promo media
...Show more

Love this shot Tony. Certainly worth another look

Mar 21, 2013 at 07:51 PM
huddy
• • •
p.2693 #12 · p.2693 #12 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Hrm, I think chipping is probably the best way to avoid the 9 lens limit as chipping many of the lenses is a straightforward procedure. One other which obviously isn't ideal is to reserve a spot or two for lesser used lenses and just change the data if you want to take them out. I had 10 at one time which and employed the second strategy. I'm selling off those that I don't use though, and am back below 9 now...

Mar 21, 2013 at 08:38 PM
NightOwl Cat
• • • • •
p.2693 #13 · p.2693 #13 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Or... shiny new cameras to hold more spots for more MF lenses. This D700 with these MF lenses, this D3 with this bunch over here....

jhinkey wrote:

Mar 21, 2013 at 09:13 PM
CGrindahl
• • • • • •
p.2693 #14 · p.2693 #14 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Guess who came for a visit?

When I signed for the package I told the letter carrier about Nikki's great adventure and he was impressed! I am as well. I'm also very touched by what I discovered inside the package. Of course I knew a lens hood had been added and a filter, though I found two, not one. But then I unfolded the note that so many of you wrote on. Honestly, it brought tears to my eyes. What a remarkable thing we've done together.

I'm going to post a few photos, beyond our informal four photo limit, as I tell the story of Nikki's arrival at my home.

I'm guessing that is the original box that held Nikki when she left Australia. How far that box made it I have no idea...

Contents of the box except for this...

Nikki arrives at the "place of honor" used for most of the lens photos I've been taking of late.

And with her older sister. Interesting the relation between the lens description and the aperture ring that differs between the two lenses.

And the new coating seems evident in this comparison of their front elements.

But then look at the difference between the two lens hoods, the smaller that came with Nikki and the larger I bought for the H version. Perhaps that will save me for unwanted light.

More will be revealed in the coming days as I take Nikki on a tour of the San Francisco Bay Area.

Mar 21, 2013 at 09:19 PM
CGrindahl
• • • • • •
p.2693 #15 · p.2693 #15 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

With regard to the non-CPU register I've had more than nine lenses for a LONG time and it has never posed a problem to make changes on the run. I seldom take more than five or six lenses with me and I add the new details as I mount lenses, replacing lenses not currently in my bag. I wouldn't complain about chipped the lenses, though I wouldn't want to do anything that diminishes the aesthetic experience of handling and using the lenses. Yes, having EXIF information would be useful but I've managed to deal with that through including the lens in the file name I save. Looking at the name I know which lens was used and whether extension tubes or teleconverters were used. Lightroom note aperture and shutter speed, as well as the lens I've identified in the non-CPU register. It is not a hardship, at least for me...

Edited on Mar 21, 2013 at 09:33 PM · View previous versions

Mar 21, 2013 at 09:26 PM
MarkdV
• • •
p.2693 #16 · p.2693 #16 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

CGrindahl wrote:
Guess who came for a visit?

More will be revealed in the coming days as I take Nikki on a tour of the San Francisco Bay Area.

Curtis, as you can probably guess - we can't wait to see Nikki shine in your hands as she has done with everyone else she has been with.

Enjoy!

Mar 21, 2013 at 09:28 PM
leighton w
• • • • •
p.2693 #17 · p.2693 #17 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

MarkdV wrote:
Curtis, as you can probably guess - we can't wait to see Nikki shine in your hands as she has done with everyone else she has been with.

Enjoy!

+1 I'm really looking forward to seeing your work. I wish I would have taken a shot of that letter.

Mar 21, 2013 at 09:35 PM
CGrindahl
• • • • • •
p.2693 #18 · p.2693 #18 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

I'm glad you said it just that way Mark, because so many talented photographers have put Nikki through her paces over the last tens months that I'll have to scramble to make a worthwhile contribution to this thread and to the blog. But I'm game and I think I can find a few interesting places I've not reported on before, at least on this thread. Nikki is a gorgeous lens at one of my favorite focal lengths, so this should be a pleasure. But today is my partner's birthday and I have a class this evening, so Nikki will have to wait a bit...

Mar 21, 2013 at 09:37 PM
CGrindahl
• • • • • •
p.2693 #19 · p.2693 #19 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Leighton, I'm going to do something special with that letter before I pass it along to Ben. I might even ask him if he'd mind if I kept it. But regardless, I'll make certain that everyone who is on the list gets a facsimile of the letter. I'd love to frame it and put in it on the wall. This is definitely an experience I will treasure. We done good my friend!

Mar 21, 2013 at 09:39 PM
Chris Dees
• • • •
p.2693 #20 · p.2693 #20 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

rankamateur wrote:
I have 7 now that I have installed the CPU chip on. It is sooooooooooooo nice to stick the lens on and shoot and not fool with the menu everytime you take one off and put another on. In the end I will reserve the 9 slots for lenses that can not be chipped such as the 50 1.2 or a lens that I may be considered crazy for whacking the baffle on such as the 200-400.

The 50/1.2 AI-s can be chipped (mine is).

Mar 21, 2013 at 09:47 PM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password