Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              2689      
       2691              3806       3807       end

Manual Focus Nikon Glass

raboof
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2690 #1 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Do I need to rotate this, Leighton?

16mm

Mar 20, 2013 at 01:45 PM
Zichar
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2690 #2 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Very nice Chuong, the colours are perfect. Love the violet tones. Is that your house?
Just need to defish a lil' and correct the tilt

Mar 20, 2013 at 02:43 PM
kwoodard
• • • •
p.2690 #3 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Chuong, I like it! Don't usually care for fisheye shots, but this one works for me.

Mar 20, 2013 at 04:04 PM
Reagan
• • • •
p.2690 #4 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Don't let Curtis see the tilt

Reagan

Mar 20, 2013 at 04:26 PM
raboof
• • •
p.2690 #5 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Zichar wrote:
Very nice Chuong, the colours are perfect. Love the violet tones. Is that your house?
Just need to defish a lil' and correct the tilt

No Chin, I live in it but it's my brother-in-law's.
I normally hate playing with Photoshop but I will try to improve Thanks.

Mar 20, 2013 at 04:28 PM
CGrindahl
• • • • • •
p.2690 #6 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Reagan wrote:
Don't let Curtis see the tilt

Reagan

You got me Reagan...

Shots like this Chuong require a different approach. Since it is a fisheye shot let it be one. What I look for is whether the center of the image which should be vertical or horizontal is. The right edge of the pathway in the foreground appears to be in the center of the frame. I'd look at a straight line in the house above that path edge, perhaps a window mullion or a vertical trim piece such as we see on the second level near the middle of the image. Doing that it appears the image should be rotated slightly clockwise. I experimented and came up with this...

I think it might take a bit more rotation, but this is the sort of exercise I would do with an image like this. It is easy accomplished in Photoshop which will give your vertical and horizontal lines to serve as a guide.

Mar 20, 2013 at 04:58 PM
CGrindahl
• • • • • •
p.2690 #7 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Foggy14 wrote:
Here are a couple with the 180mm 2.8. I should use this lens more.

With or without tubes Jeff, this lens always amazes me. It is definitely one of my desert island lenses. Love both of these shots but I'm always partial to tube work with this lens... Glad you're sharing your work with us. You have a fine eye for composition and take the time to get some interesting shots.

Mar 20, 2013 at 05:09 PM
CGrindahl
• • • • • •
p.2690 #8 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

rafaelcasd wrote:
Masterful!

Agreed! I did a bit of play with treatments like this some time ago. It is great fun. I love what you've done Kevin.

Mar 20, 2013 at 05:10 PM
leighton w
• • • • •
p.2690 #9 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

raboof wrote:
Do I need to rotate this, Leighton?

16mm

Ok, don't have a heart attack or anything, but I like it just as it is!

Mar 20, 2013 at 06:18 PM
rankamateur
• • •
p.2690 #10 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

leighton w wrote:

Me too!

Mar 20, 2013 at 06:31 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

bruni
• • •
p.2690 #11 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

CGrindahl wrote:
I just received a PM from Tony alerting me to the fact Nikki was shipped today and is on the way to me. Amazing to realize this adventure is drawing to a close. I was a little less than a year ago that Leighton and I had a conversation about trying something like this. And now I'll be the last person to entertain our fair lady before sending her home to Ben who so graciously gave us this opportunity to play. Thanks again Ben.

It is remarkable to realize what this adventure has wrought. Quite a few of the folks who
...Show more

Curtis you're starting to worry me with all of these cracks about how nikki may not make it back to Australia. (There's a big gap on the lens shelf where she belongs)

ben

Mar 20, 2013 at 06:45 PM
CGrindahl
• • • • • •
p.2690 #12 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

You must be talking about MY lens shelf Ben...

I would suggest, however, that when a box arrives at some future date, you should look very carefully to make certain it is an H.C. lens and not an H...

Mar 20, 2013 at 06:53 PM
raboof
• • •
p.2690 #13 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Thanks everyone for your comments. Thanks Curtis for the tip. I will definitely use that grid more for shots like this.

Mar 20, 2013 at 07:06 PM
MDoc9523
• • • •
p.2690 #14 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

asiostygius wrote:
Until 90-89 BC Pompeii was a Samnite city allied to Rome, but rebelled against her mighty ally and, as a consequence, the city was besieged by general Sulla during the so called "Social War". Even today it can be seen deep holes made by the stone projectiles launched by Roman's military machine against the northern walls of Pompeii. Eventually Pompeii surrended to the Romans at 89 BC, and became a fully Roman town until the eruption in 79AD.

Some views of the wall and a tower remain between the "Herculaneum" and "Vesuvius" gates, particularly showing the stone projectiles marks at the
...Show more

Excellent shots. I have enjoyed your series so much Jose. You must have had a wonderful time!

Mar 20, 2013 at 09:46 PM
MDoc9523
• • • •
p.2690 #15 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Foggy14 wrote:
Here are a couple with the 180mm 2.8. I should use this lens more.

Wonderful shots Jeff especially the first one!

Mar 20, 2013 at 09:46 PM
MDoc9523
• • • •
p.2690 #16 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

raboof wrote:
Thanks everyone for your comments. Thanks Curtis for the tip. I will definitely use that grid more for shots like this.

The 16mm is so much fun and getting the rotation can be tricky. So scenes lend them selves more than others. I really like your shot and the rotation does provide some improvement.

Mar 20, 2013 at 09:49 PM
saph
• • • •
p.2690 #17 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Leighton, its been a while since you have cracked down on lines and sliders, whatsup?

leighton w wrote:

Mar 20, 2013 at 09:51 PM
MDoc9523
• • • •
p.2690 #18 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Here's a few from today using the D600 and 300mm 4.5 EDIF Some of the shots required a very high ISO. The D600 seemed up for the task.

Mar 20, 2013 at 09:52 PM
saph
• • • •
p.2690 #19 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Jose, thanks again for the historical context around those super Pompeii photos. Doesn't look like the Roman artillery broke down those particular walls, the holes don't look that big. But I can imagine the Pompeiians living in fear from the sounds of the bombardment.

Samy

asiostygius wrote:
Until 90-89 BC Pompeii was a Samnite city allied to Rome, but rebelled against her mighty ally and, as a consequence, the city was besieged by general Sulla during the so called "Social War". Even today it can be seen deep holes made by the stone projectiles launched by Roman's military machine against the northern walls of Pompeii. Eventually Pompeii surrended to the Romans at 89 BC, and became a fully Roman town until the eruption in 79AD.

Some views of the wall and a tower remain between the "Herculaneum" and "Vesuvius" gates, particularly showing the stone projectiles marks at the
...Show more

Mar 20, 2013 at 09:55 PM
saph
• • • •
p.2690 #20 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Kevin, loved that old car and the post processing you did!

Jeff, very nice capture of that road and the lane markers, crooked and all.

Mar 20, 2013 at 09:57 PM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password