Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

  New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              2688      
2689
       2690              3822       3823       end
  

Manual Focus Nikon Glass
  
 
asiostygius
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2689 #1 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


Until 90-89 BC Pompeii was a Samnite city allied to Rome, but rebelled against her mighty ally and, as a consequence, the city was besieged by general Sulla during the so called "Social War". Even today it can be seen deep holes made by the stone projectiles launched by Roman's military machine against the northern walls of Pompeii. Eventually Pompeii surrended to the Romans at 89 BC, and became a fully Roman town until the eruption in 79AD.

Some views of the wall and a tower remain between the "Herculaneum" and "Vesuvius" gates, particularly showing the stone projectiles marks at the walls, supposedly from the siege at 89 BC:



Tower remains near the Vesuvius Gate by labecoaves, on Flickr

D7000 + Nikkor 20mm f/2.8 ais CPU'd hand held, ISO 250, f/5.6 at 1/250s. ~20% cropped.
Defensive tower remnants near Vesuvius Gate at Pompeii northern Wall.





_D7K_20130217_1140_01-WEB-near-Vesuvius-Gate by labecoaves, on Flickr

D7000 + Nikkor 20mm f/2.8 ais CPU'd hand held, ISO 250, f/8 at 1/60s. ~10% cropped.
Holes of ballista (or other Roman artillery machine) projectiles near Vesuvius Gate at Pompeii northern Wall.





Roman projectile holes in the wall near Herculaneum Gate by labecoaves, on Flickr

D7000 + Nikkor 55mm f/3.5 ai hand held, ISO 320, f/5.6 at 1/400s.
Holes of Roman artillery projectiles near Herculaneum Gate at Pompeii northern Wall.






_D7K_20130217_1256-WEB by labecoaves, on Flickr

D7000 + Nikkor 55mm f/3.5 ai hand held, ISO 320, f/5.6 at 1/500s.
Closer view of the holes left at the wall by Roman artillery projectiles near Herculaneum Gate.

Edited on Mar 20, 2013 at 02:56 AM · View previous versions



Mar 20, 2013 at 12:03 AM
kwoodard
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2689 #2 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


CGrindahl wrote:
I just received a PM from Tony alerting me to the fact Nikki was shipped today and is on the way to me. Amazing to realize this adventure is drawing to a close. I was a little less than a year ago that Leighton and I had a conversation about trying something like this. And now I'll be the last person to entertain our fair lady before sending her home to Ben who so graciously gave us this opportunity to play. Thanks again Ben.

It is remarkable to realize what this adventure has wrought. Quite a few of the folks who
...Show more

Will be in San Francisco with the family and in-laws next Friday. If you happen to be near the city...let me know!



Mar 20, 2013 at 12:29 AM
Foggy14
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2689 #3 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


Wonderful shots the past few days!

Ronny, you're doing some really nice work with the 180mm.

Mike, gorgeous shots of the aurora!

Curtis, love the poppies and other flowers.

Paul, very nice pano of the band.

Ray, the D600 is really suiting you. Great garden and St. Patty shots.

Jose, your photos and stories of Pompeii would make a great article.

Sam, really nice comet images, especially the 3rd.

Alan, congrats! Great shots of the kids.

Tony, really fine set from Venice!

Chin, the dogs on the red chair is an excellent photo.

John, I really like the mountains from the beach. Great sky.

Kevin, very nice flowers and I like the look of the b&w car shot.

Laura, thanks for making me laugh when you chided Curtis for owning too many lenses!



Mar 20, 2013 at 12:59 AM
Foggy14
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2689 #4 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


Here are a couple with the 180mm 2.8. I should use this lens more.




Desert Flower Nikon D800 Nikkor 180mm 2.8 ais PK-13 1/200s f5.6 ISO 100






Desert Road Nikon D800 Nikkor 180mm 2.8 ais 1/200s f8 ISO 100




Mar 20, 2013 at 01:49 AM
NightOwl Cat
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2689 #5 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


Jeff, , it was funny up till I counted my own. Tonight, I'm one lighter, but that hole will be filled within a week..

Foggy14 wrote:
Laura, thanks for making me laugh when you chided Curtis for owning too many lenses!



And yes, you definitely should!!

Foggy14 wrote:
Here are a couple with the 180mm 2.8. I should use this lens more.




Mar 20, 2013 at 01:54 AM
mp356
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2689 #6 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


NightOwl Cat wrote:
Tonight, I'm one lighter, but that hole will be filled within a week..


Can't imagine what you are refering too.



Mar 20, 2013 at 02:06 AM
mp356
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2689 #7 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


kwoodard wrote:
Will be in San Francisco with the family and in-laws next Friday. If you happen to be near the city...let me know!


Careful Kevin, you might end up catching a case of NMFAS.



Mar 20, 2013 at 02:08 AM
NightOwl Cat
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2689 #8 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


From the master of NMFAS himself, no less

mp356 wrote:
Careful Kevin, you might end up catching a case of NMFAS.




Mar 20, 2013 at 02:14 AM
NightOwl Cat
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2689 #9 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


snicker. it'll be fun!

mp356 wrote:
NightOwl Cat wrote:
Tonight, I'm one lighter, but that hole will be filled within a week..




Mar 20, 2013 at 02:16 AM
rafaelcasd
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2689 #10 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


kwoodard wrote:
A bonus shot from the Series E 50mm... Played around with this one. I like how it turned out, what do you all think?

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8244/8570081349_183450e7c5_b.jpg
DSC_7044 by Kevin.Woodard, on Flickr


Masterful!



Mar 20, 2013 at 02:50 AM
 

Search in Used Dept. 



kwoodard
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2689 #11 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


NightOwl Cat wrote:
From the master of NMFAS himself, no less



I am immune simply because of economics. My spirit and desire are already dreadfully afflicted.



Mar 20, 2013 at 04:35 AM
kings_freak
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2689 #12 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


kwoodard wrote:
I am immune simply because of economics. My spirit and desire are already dreadfully afflicted.

You and me both Kevin!

Tony



Mar 20, 2013 at 05:47 AM
Oosty
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2689 #13 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


Foggy14 wrote:
Here are a couple with the 180mm 2.8. I should use this lens more.


Really nice Jeff - looks like we lent you one of our road painters



Mar 20, 2013 at 05:53 AM
Oosty
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2689 #14 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


Jose - what a holiday you must have had. I feel as if I've revisited Pompeii - keep 'em coming.


Mar 20, 2013 at 05:54 AM
Oosty
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2689 #15 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


kings_freak wrote:
You and me both Kevin!

Tony


+1 although wnen I see the prices in the US I'd probably never have bought any. Here at least, though they're pretty hard to find prices are not often higher than a couple of hundred dollars.



Mar 20, 2013 at 05:57 AM
Oosty
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2689 #16 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


Zichar wrote:
When the wife reached for the box of treats...



This is so good.



Mar 20, 2013 at 05:59 AM
Foggy14
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2689 #17 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


Oosty wrote:
Really nice Jeff - looks like we lent you one of our road painters


Thanks Peter. Yeah, I didn't notice it at the time, but that line painting is pretty shoddy.



Mar 20, 2013 at 06:14 AM
leighton w
Online
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2689 #18 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


CGrindahl wrote:
I just received a PM from Tony alerting me to the fact Nikki was shipped today and is on the way to me. Amazing to realize this adventure is drawing to a close. I was a little less than a year ago that Leighton and I had a conversation about trying something like this. And now I'll be the last person to entertain our fair lady before sending her home to Ben who so graciously gave us this opportunity to play. Thanks again Ben.

It is remarkable to realize what this adventure has wrought. Quite a few of the folks who
...Show more

Hard to believe it's almost over, what a ride!



Mar 20, 2013 at 09:57 AM
leighton w
Online
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2689 #19 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


Oosty wrote:
Jose - what a holiday you must have had. I feel as if I've revisited Pompeii - keep 'em coming.


+1



Mar 20, 2013 at 09:57 AM
leighton w
Online
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2689 #20 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


Foggy14 wrote:
Here are a couple with the 180mm 2.8. I should use this lens more.







Jeff, When I first saw this I thought you had the horizon off level. Then I saw the road at it's furthest point. Nice shot.



Mar 20, 2013 at 10:00 AM
1       2       3              2688      
2689
       2690              3822       3823       end




FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              2688      
2689
       2690              3822       3823       end
    
 

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password