Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

  New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist
  

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              2682      
2683
       2684              4073       4074       end
  

Manual Focus Nikon Glass
  
 
sbarricklow
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2683 #1 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


Comet Pan-STARRS from 3/13, using the 500 mm reflex lens.





The comet dimmed as it sank deeper into the haze over Dallas.

  NIKON D700    500mm    f/8.0    1s    4000 ISO    0.0 EV  






  NIKON D700    500mm    f/8.0    2s    4000 ISO    0.0 EV  








Edited on Mar 17, 2013 at 12:28 PM · View previous versions



Mar 17, 2013 at 06:35 AM
CGrindahl
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2683 #2 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


Some of us own TOO MANY LENSES...


Mar 17, 2013 at 06:52 AM
Oosty
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2683 #3 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


CGrindahl wrote:
Awesome shot Mike. WOW! Great work. I'm delighted you found us Mike and that you're sharing your work with you MF Nikkor lenses.


Absolutely +1



Mar 17, 2013 at 06:58 AM
Oosty
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2683 #4 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


MDoc9523 wrote:
Lovely area Curtis especially the tree. San Francisco is on my bucket list


The poppies are stunning.



Mar 17, 2013 at 06:59 AM
Oosty
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2683 #5 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


Peter B - hard subject well done

Ronny - more top pics

Ray - I like the very wide angle images - how do you correct the distortion?

Jose - more excellent images

Kevin - nice start. Did you try exposing for the ambient and filling with flash also?

Sam - good comet shots

Laura - you've been hiding this treasure trove in the background while the boys have been showing off their toys!



Mar 17, 2013 at 07:11 AM
kwoodard
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2683 #6 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


Unfortunately my flash is an all or nothing kind of deal. The room was very dim and with this ole flash I am pretty much using aperture and ISO to get exposure correct. The shot above is 1/250, f/4, iso100... I wanted it dim and I was thinking b/w when I took it. There was music on our light beige carpet so I bounced the flash off of it. The room was lit with about 45 watts of incandescent light (little track lights). An available light shot at iso800 and f/2 had a shutter of 1/1.3 on my light meter. Pretty dark (yet she loves to play).


Mar 17, 2013 at 07:31 AM
leighton w
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2683 #7 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


WOW! Some great work since my last visit, way too many to comment on.


Mar 17, 2013 at 10:41 AM
leighton w
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2683 #8 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


CGrindahl wrote:

So I'm shocked that I won another auction, this one for a 35 f/2 O AI'd. No, Jose, it is not the O.C. but like the H.C. 85, they don't come available very often with an AI conversion kit and this O does. As with the 28 f/3.5 H AI'd I bought, and the 85 f/1.8 H AI'd, I think I'll get by simply by being careful with the sun. I've not been disappointed with either of those lenses.

But I really do need to stop this nonsense. I think I need a 12 step program...

http://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-4UQRLtG01bc/UUUMpnEBNUI/AAAAAAAASPg/PrXVjoqZQIc/s1275/30.2.O.AId.02.jpg


What a coincidence. I was actually going to bid on this when it was around 60 bucks. Looks like it's in great shape. Can you tell us what you paid?

Never mind, I just looked in my history and found it, what a deal!



Mar 17, 2013 at 10:47 AM
NightOwl Cat
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2683 #9 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


Now I'm blushing. I forgot to put two! on the list, bringing the count up to 27. I think this is the full list now, I'm almost ready for Curtis' twelve step program too

Primes

1) 16mm f/2.8 AI
2) 16mm f/3.5 AI
3) 35mm f/2.0 AI-S
4) 45mm f/2.8 D ED PC-E Micro Nikkor
5) 50mm f/1.2 AI-S

6) 50mm f/1.4 AI-S
7) 50mm f/1.8 Series E (black ring)
8) 50mm f/1.8 Series E (chrome ring)
9) 55mm f/2.8 Micro AI
10) 55mm f/3.5 Micro AI

11) 85mm f/1.4 AI-S
12) 85mm f/1.8 H C Auto
13) 100mm f/2.8 Series E
14) 105mm f/1.8 AI-S
15) 105mm f/2.5 AI

16) 105mm f/2.5 AI-S
17) 135 f/2 AI-S
18) 135mm f/3.5
19) 180mm f/2.8 ED AI-S
20) 180mm f/2.8 ED AI-S

21) 200mm f/4 AI-S
22) 300mm f/4.5 AI-S ED IF
23) 400 f/5.6 AI-S

Zooms

24) 25-50mm f/4 AI
25) 50-135mm f/3.5 AI-S Macro
26) 75-150mm f/3.5 Series E
27) 80-200mm f/4.5 AI





NightOwl Cat wrote:
Nah, keep 'em. I'd have to block KEH and FM. Just counted mine, and there's 25 MF Nikon lenses here at the moment...





Mar 17, 2013 at 11:14 AM
NightOwl Cat
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2683 #10 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


I think they've been talking to the wire hangars in the closet...

MDoc9523 wrote:
Dang Laura I am impressed!!!
Not to mention your 200mm 2.0



Methinks it's the person in your mirror, and the person in my mirror

CGrindahl wrote:
Some of us own TOO MANY LENSES...



Hi Peter, yup, it's been hiding for sure, so much that I forgot to add two to that list... fixed that. Now if the skies would not be all cloudy and gray and drab.. of course, there is supposed to be snow today too.

Oosty wrote:
Laura - you've been hiding this treasure trove in the background while the boys have been showing off their toys!




Mar 17, 2013 at 11:21 AM
 

Search in Used Dept. 



leighton w
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2683 #11 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


Laura, how's you foot?


Mar 17, 2013 at 11:38 AM
NightOwl Cat
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2683 #12 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


Hi Leighton, foot's ok. Tried walking around the house yesterday without the shoe, still not ready yet. Thinking I might have to go back and have another x-ray done if I can't get a regular shoe on there by Friday.

How's yours doing?

leighton w wrote:
Laura, how's you foot?




Mar 17, 2013 at 11:55 AM
Mishu01
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2683 #13 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


Laura, I can not believe you have such as big holes in your lineup No 20, no 24, no 28... and no 55/1.2... you're not a good example for this thread...


NightOwl Cat wrote:
Now I'm blushing. I forgot to put two! on the list, bringing the count up to 27. I think this is the full list now, I'm almost ready for Curtis' twelve step program too

Primes

1) 16mm f/2.8 AI
2) 16mm f/3.5 AI
3) 35mm f/2.0 AI-S
4) 45mm f/2.8 D ED PC-E Micro Nikkor
5) 50mm f/1.2 AI-S

6) 50mm f/1.4 AI-S
7) 50mm f/1.8 Series E (black ring)
8) 50mm f/1.8 Series E (chrome ring)
9) 55mm f/2.8 Micro AI
10) 55mm f/3.5 Micro AI

11) 85mm f/1.4 AI-S
12) 85mm f/1.8 H C Auto
13) 100mm f/2.8 Series E
14) 105mm f/1.8 AI-S
15) 105mm f/2.5 AI

16) 105mm f/2.5
...Show more



Mar 17, 2013 at 12:00 PM
leighton w
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2683 #14 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


leighton w wrote:
Laura, how's you foot?

NightOwl Cat wrote:
Hi Leighton, foot's ok. Tried walking around the house yesterday without the shoe, still not ready yet. Thinking I might have to go back and have another x-ray done if I can't get a regular shoe on there by Friday.

How's yours doing?


Fair to middlin'



Mar 17, 2013 at 12:59 PM
asiostygius
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2683 #15 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass




I would add: no 500, 600 or 800mm?
And no scalloped lens kit?

This is a shame!


Edited on Mar 17, 2013 at 03:14 PM · View previous versions



Mar 17, 2013 at 03:12 PM
asiostygius
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2683 #16 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


sbarricklow wrote:
Comet Pan-STARRS from 3/13, using the 500 mm reflex lens.







Fantastic captures Sam. I liked the most the last one.



Mar 17, 2013 at 03:13 PM
NightOwl Cat
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2683 #17 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


Such enablers, . I haven't missed those lenses yet, either. About the only thing I can think of to shoot with the 500 or 800 would be the bald eagles here. Maybe some planes in the air too

OH HEY, LOOK
http://www.keh.com/camera/Nikon-Manual-Focus-Fixed-Focal-Length-Lenses/1/sku-NK069990124800?r=FE
One of Nikki's sisters!



Mishu01 wrote:
Laura, I can not believe you have such as big holes in your lineup No 20, no 24, no 28... and no 55/1.2... you're not a good example for this thread...


asiostygius wrote:
I would add: no 500, 600 or 800mm?
And no scalloped lens kit?

This is a shame!




Mar 17, 2013 at 03:31 PM
sbarricklow
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2683 #18 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


Thanks Jose. The image you referenced was shot on March 12 at a 300 mm focal length using a zoom lens and not with the 500 mm f8 mirror lens.

My issue with the 500 mm is that the field is usually too narrow for astronomical objects to include a reference, and too short for a high resolution view of the comet. The view through the view finder is dark at f8 making it tough to ensure an accurate focus. I focused the lens on a distant point light source (maybe a street light) before searching for the dim comet. However, it is a good terrestrial lens if you don't have or want to spend the dollars on a fast, high quality refractor type lens that can cost more than 10X the price of the reflex lens.

If the clouds part during the next few days, and I have an opportunity, the next time I'll use either an 85 mm or a 200 mm AIS, or something in between, for a wider angle shot that includes the horizon.




Mar 17, 2013 at 03:39 PM
MDoc9523
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2683 #19 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


Oosty wrote:
Peter B - hard subject well done

Ronny - more top pics

Ray - I like the very wide angle images - how do you correct the distortion?

Jose - more excellent images

Kevin - nice start. Did you try exposing for the ambient and filling with flash also?

Sam - good comet shots

Laura - you've been hiding this treasure trove in the background while the boys have been showing off their toys!

Thank you Peter. I didn't alter any of the 16mm photos distortion wise. Some scenes just blend into a fish eye veiw and look quite natural.



Mar 17, 2013 at 04:40 PM
rankamateur
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2683 #20 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


NightOwl Cat wrote:
Such enablers, . I haven't missed those lenses yet, either. About the only thing I can think of to shoot with the 500 or 800 would be the bald eagles here. Maybe some planes in the air too

OH HEY, LOOK
http://www.keh.com/camera/Nikon-Manual-Focus-Fixed-Focal-Length-Lenses/1/sku-NK069990124800?r=FE
One of Nikki's sisters!





Tell them Laura! From top to bottom your bunch is for handholding and not dragging around 3 legged sticks to support everything.



Mar 17, 2013 at 04:44 PM
1       2       3              2682      
2683
       2684              4073       4074       end




FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              2682      
2683
       2684              4073       4074       end
    
 

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password