Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              2662      
       2664              4049       4050       end

Manual Focus Nikon Glass

NightOwl Cat
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2663 #1 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Love them all, Phillipe!

Lieutenant Z wrote:
From the Opéra Garnier, Paris
first two with 50 1.8, other with 28 2.8 :

Thanks Georg,

georgms wrote:
Laura, beautiful portrait of the even-tempered goat;-) I prefer #2 of the still-life.

Really like the ceramic artist shot, and how you used her tools and other pottery all around.

georgms wrote:
Some images from this week - but nothing really personal:

[

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8379/8542677929_ecfebedd26_c.jpg
portrait of a friendly ceramicist - 24/2Ai at f/4, SB800 in a small softbox from the left, bounced SB800 from the right side

Tony, just use a couple of rubber bands to close it up.

kings_freak wrote:
Thanks for the info on the bubbles Rafael. They do seem very protective, but like John, I like to carry light when possible. The bags he linked to look perfect and not too expensive. It's funny, but at the rod run today they were handing out free beer cozys. The 16mm fit perfectly in it! It just doesn't have a drawstring to close the top, but for free, I thought it a decent solution. I will have to take a picture of it later.

–Tony

Thanks Tony, the 55 was on a tote bag that is one of the premiums. The card in front that I propped against the m&m dispenser is one of their regular cards.

kings_freak wrote:
I like the separation of the second one. Too bad they couldn't incorporate the 55 years in the sign in front.

–Tony

Mar 11, 2013 at 01:02 AM
saph
• • • •
p.2663 #2 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Chin, agree with Laura above, the graffiti creature jumps out of that image!

Georg, very nice snowy looks through that 16mm fisheye!! Especially the one with the tunnel effect.

Kevin, the last tulip is the most isolated and I really like that one.

Monty, exciting time, very nice to hear.

Philippe, James said it well, my 28 3.5PC and 24 2.8 AIS seem very inadequate after those opera shots, but then I realize you will get the results with those lenses too

Well here we had Reaganish temperatures today although it won't last very long At least we can enjoy Reagan's sun and beach pictures until spring finally makes more than a fleeting appearance.

Pburke, really enjoyed the b&ws especially the one with the views through the car windows.

Curtis, great treatment of the guitars at the music shop.

Tony, outstanding shot of the red car with the fisheye. Love the red against the blue sky, the sunstars on the car, even the lane marker drawing a border around the car.

Mark, great closeup capture of the blue flower!! Great colors, and perfect point to focus on.

Ron, very nice work with the extension tubes and the zoom. Looks like a rodent with ears

Jose, each of those shots in Pompeii are terrific.

Peter, such a nice portrait of Ingrid's dad with the 5cm !! And he looks very happy to pose.

Mar 11, 2013 at 01:04 AM
rafaelcasd
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2663 #3 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

My feelings of photographic inadequacy peaked this morning, knowing I would be hard pressed for subjects, I am unable to sublimate icicles, or nubian sheep, we have some adobe missions, but are sorely lacking in marble cathedrals, any ruins of interest are south of the border, and I have not found any baroque or modern impressionistic opera houses.

But one must do the best with what one has, and photograph we must, so I took advantage of the 78 Deg weather and took my most willing subject out, to take a picture of her among a bouquet of flowers.

This was the 85mm 1.8 K, on D3, do we prefer the 1.8 or the 8.0 photo?

nikon nikkor 85mm 1.8 k D3 1973 Corvvette Stingray by Rafael CA, on Flickr

nikon nikkor 85mm 1.8 k D3 1973 Corvvette Stingray at 1.8 by Rafael CA, on Flickr

no processing in the above images

when I pass, this car will be placed as a marker in a style similar to this wheelbarrow below, this is a heavily processed photo.

nikon nikkor 85mm 1.8 k D3 1973 wheelbarrow heavy processing by Rafael CA, on Flickr

Ok, I am happy now, done my damage for the day

Mar 11, 2013 at 01:08 AM
pbraymond
• • •
p.2663 #4 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Rafael, I prefer the f1.8. Nice Car!

Mar 11, 2013 at 01:21 AM
NightOwl Cat
• • • • •
p.2663 #5 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Wow, where'd you get the 16 f/2.5

Nicely done, Monty!

montym wrote:
We are visiting our daughter this weekend in the Land of Coffee and Bicycles
We did some site seeing today

http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/ufiles/95/784095.jpg

Monty

Yes, I've learned that lesson too, I normally have a camera with me at all times, except at school, since I don't need to lug both the camera bag and book bag up and down all those stairs.

leighton w wrote:
David, I've learned that lesson and I dare say most on this thread have. If you're going to invest in a DSLR system then why not take it everywhere! My theory is not to trust important trips by trying to go light. YMMV.

There's really only one answer IMHO on which 35mm. The 35mm f1.4 AI-s and I don't even own it. I'm judging by the fantastic images I've seen in this thread from the folks who have it. Now...if I were to choose an AF 35 it would most probably be the new Sigma 35/1.4.

James. Not sure if I want to try redoing my collection or not. First I'd need to clear off space to set them all up Beautiful product shot!

James Markus wrote:
Every time I take one of these...the line up changes. Shot with the D800 and the 50mm ais, but missing a few additions.

http://www.photomatter.com/_images/Nikon_web.jpg

Hey Grandpa, What's For Supper?

Congratulations!!

montym wrote:
The whole family!
In order of appearance, Rocky, Higgs, Nancy, Margaret and Orcus (the crazy dog)
There is another unseen Montgomery in the picture, but she will not be making an appearance until the end of next month. Margaret is pregnant. THe little girl, who's name I cannot disclose, is getting very active. I felt her moving around in my daughter's belly STRANGE!!!!
http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/ufiles/53/784353.jpg

Monty

Bummer James. Maybe you can uninstall it, then reinstall it, or have Windows repair it. I'm a big fan of it myself.

James Markus wrote:
Notepad has been crashing constantly at home and at work. In almost twenty years of using it (since

back in WFWG v3.11 days) it has never crashed. So, I will try and do a summary post from the last few

pages.

Well - notepad crashed twice more while ctrl+v ing text for this post. Had no idea how much I rely on this tiny program.

Mar 11, 2013 at 01:23 AM
Zichar
• • • •
p.2663 #6 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

The wife used to squirrel away all her lunch money to have a non-nutritious popsicle for recess
Sitting in the bleachers all by herself was the only way to escape detection

theater of creams (Roll 4668 019) by Zichar, on Flickr

Mar 11, 2013 at 01:32 AM
NightOwl Cat
• • • • •
p.2663 #7 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

some more stuff from the weekend

© NightOwl Cat 2013

NIKON D3    135mm    f/2.0    1/2500s    200 ISO    0.0 EV  

© NightOwl Cat 2013

Peek a Boo

NIKON D3    135mm    f/2.0    1/60s    220 ISO    0.0 EV  

© NightOwl Cat 2013

NIKON D3    135mm    f/2.0    1/60s    250 ISO    0.0 EV  

© NightOwl Cat 2013

What can fit in that tote bag? All This

NIKON D3    105mm    f/4.0    1/25s    6400 ISO    0.0 EV  

© NightOwl Cat 2013

Or this

NIKON D700    45mm    f/3.0    1/200s    3200 ISO    +1.0 EV  

Mar 11, 2013 at 01:33 AM
jhinkey
• • • • •
p.2663 #8 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Not much time these days, but I grabbed a few just before dinner. Now's the interesting time of year as sunset is around 7pm which allows one to get out after dinner. When it gets to be around 9pm that's when I'll break out the long glass for some shots of the Olympics or downtown.

For now I've got these:

Twas A Dark An Dreary Early Evening! 50/1.2 AIS

NIKON D800    50mm    f/5.6    1/160s    100 ISO    0.0 EV  

There Was Some Color On This Monochrome Day - 400/5.6 ED AI

NIKON D800    400mm    f/8.0    1/1000s    800 ISO    0.0 EV  

Heck, If There's Not Much Color, Might As Well Take It All Away!

NIKON D800    400mm    f/8.0    1/1600s    800 ISO    0.0 EV  

Mar 11, 2013 at 01:57 AM
jhinkey
• • • • •
p.2663 #9 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Caught my daughter reading by the window. All I had handy for a close-up portrait before the moment was gone was the 135/3.5 AIS . . .

Focusing Intently - Actually Ignoring Her Dad With The Camera

NIKON D800    135mm    f/3.5    1/250s    1600 ISO    0.0 EV  

Is The 135/3.5 AIS Sharp Wide Open At MFD - You Bet It Is!

NIKON D800    135mm    f/3.5    1/250s    1600 ISO    0.0 EV  

Mar 11, 2013 at 01:59 AM
Foggy14
• • •
p.2663 #10 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Reagan, really like the composition of the 1st and 3rd fishing shots.

Georg, beautiful work with the 16mm. I wasn't a fan of fisheyes, but your work, and that of others on the forum, is changing my mind.

pburke, love the Bodie film set.

Steve, gorgeous Azaleas.

One more rusty one:

Rust Bokeh Nikon D800 Nikkor 55mm 2.8 ais PK-13 1/640s f2.8 ISO 100

Mar 11, 2013 at 06:10 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

Oosty
• • • •
p.2663 #11 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

georgms wrote:
Peter, now that's a fantastic portrait! Excellent B&W and a really lovely smile. Did you use a bounced flash?

Thanks Geirg - yes, bounced flash. Can't fool the prefessionals

Mar 11, 2013 at 06:51 AM
Reagan
• • • •
p.2663 #12 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Thanks, Mark, Ronny, Ray and Jeff

Reagan

Mar 11, 2013 at 09:48 AM
leighton w
• • • • •
p.2663 #13 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

SSISteve wrote:
Our azaleas are blooming in South Georgia so I decided to take out my Nikon 75-150mm Series E f/3.5 MF lens that I bought for around $80. I bought an adapter to put on my Olympus OM-D and did a few quick shots. I have read alot of good reviews of this lens but haven't had a chance to use it much. It's a fun lens to use and not too bad for under $100.

Welcome Steve,

Lovely images, but just so you'll know, ALL photos shared in the thread MUST be from Nikon MF lenses mounted on Nikon cameras. Please take a minute and read the first post where Curtis lays out the objective. http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/929565

I notice from your profile that you have Nikon cameras, so don't hesitate joining in on the conversation and showing more of your work. We'd love to see more from the South!

Mar 11, 2013 at 10:25 AM
saph
• • • •
p.2663 #14 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Rafael, only plan to occasionally use it, haven't done much with it yet. Interestingly it is exactly the same dimensions as the 50mm 1.4S Auto.

rafaelcasd wrote:
Samy, you and I seem to be the only owners of the 5.8CM in this thread, do you use yours?

Mar 11, 2013 at 10:25 AM
saph
• • • •
p.2663 #15 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Laura, peek a boo at f2 is very cute And the camera seems the more interesting and handholdable load for the tote bag.

John, very nice panorama, reminds me in spring to try one of Baltimore. And great light for your daughter's portrait.

Jeff, very cool rust shot.

Samy

Mar 11, 2013 at 10:32 AM
saph
• • • •
p.2663 #16 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Adding to Leighton's welcome, I had a couple years in Atlanta, but its been a few years now. Saw a bit of Georgia, but I don't believe I went even as far south as Macon, would be great to see that state through Steve's work.

I remember so many flowers blooming in spring in Atlanta that there seemed to be paint running down the streets with a bit of rain.

Samy

leighton w wrote:
Welcome Steve,

Lovely images, but just so you'll know, ALL photos shared in the thread MUST be from Nikon MF lenses mounted on Nikon cameras. Please take a minute and read the first post where Curtis lays out the objective. http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/929565

I notice from your profile that you have Nikon cameras, so don't hesitate joining in on the conversation and showing more of your work. We'd love to see more from the South!

Mar 11, 2013 at 10:38 AM
MarkdV
• • •
p.2663 #17 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

montym wrote:
The whole family!
In order of appearance, Rocky, Higgs, Nancy, Margaret and Orcus (the crazy dog)
There is another unseen Montgomery in the picture, but she will not be making an appearance until the end of next month. Margaret is pregnant. THe little girl, who's name I cannot disclose, is getting very active. I felt her moving around in my daughter's belly STRANGE!!!!

Monty

Great news Monty. Congratulations to Margaret and I bet you're looking forward to being a Grandfather. I like the photo, good use of the 16mm. Bit hard to tell but is your darling daughter about to give you the webex salute?

Mar 11, 2013 at 12:13 PM
MarkdV
• • •
p.2663 #18 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

rafaelcasd wrote:
My feelings of photographic inadequacy peaked this morning, knowing I would be hard pressed for subjects, I am unable to sublimate icicles, or nubian sheep, we have some adobe missions, but are sorely lacking in marble cathedrals, any ruins of interest are south of the border, and I have not found any baroque or modern impressionistic opera houses.

But one must do the best with what one has, and photograph we must, so I took advantage of the 78 Deg weather and took my most willing subject out, to take a picture of her among a bouquet of flowers.

This was
...Show more

Hi Rafael,

Normally I'd say the 1.8 photo to remove the distracting cactus behind the car but at 8.0 the red seems much more vibrant and the car is beautiful enough to draw the eye away from the background so I have to say I prefer 8.0 in this case.

By the way, you may not have icicles to photograph, but you have the sun. I know which I'd rather have...

Mar 11, 2013 at 12:21 PM
Kry27
• •
p.2663 #19 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

May I share a few from Grindelwald where we spent a week off, just skiing, on sledge runs an sleeping?

4 from the arrival day: quite some snow, and we got to remove the icicles...

The first three are takten with the 105/2.5, the last one with the 35/2. All on D3.

Roland

Mar 11, 2013 at 02:57 PM
Kry27
• •
p.2663 #20 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

But then, going to the mountains is all about... mountains!

The avalanche on the last one is considered... well, quite BIG looking, but not that dangerous. As long as you aren't in it, of course.

"Wetterhorn", with 105mm/2.5, 35mm/2.0, 50mm/1.2 on D3.

It's only now I see the quite heavy vignetting of the 35mm... hmm...

Roland

Mar 11, 2013 at 03:04 PM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password