Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              2626      
       2628              3809       3810       end

Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Lieutenant Z
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2627 #1 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Jose nice & interesting images from Pompeď. What a stunning place !

Nothing special from me, just that pic taken with 85 HC :

Mar 03, 2013 at 04:57 PM
leighton w
• • • • •
p.2627 #2 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

MarkdV wrote:
Boot-iful Leighton.

As it comes to the end of the ski season here you see a lot of those around. I hope that it is healing well!

Thanks!

Mar 03, 2013 at 05:23 PM
leighton w
• • • • •
p.2627 #3 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Lieutenant Z wrote:
Jose nice & interesting images from Pompeď. What a stunning place !

Nothing special from me, just that pic taken with 85 HC :

Good to see you Philippe. I think your subject is asleep.

Mar 03, 2013 at 05:24 PM
CGrindahl
• • • • • •
p.2627 #4 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Oosty wrote:
Thanks Georg. The only change made was to use a tripod for each photo. With the PN-11 the dof is very shallow but by sliding the soom, I found it relatively easy to focus reasonbly accurately.

That is the reason I find shooting with tubes mounted on these push pull zooms is so simple. You'll doubtless inspire me Peter to pull out the 80-200 f/4.5 AI, the precursor to you f/4 lens. It has long been a favorite for shooting with tubes but has found its way of late to the back of the cabinet.

I loved the shot. Shooting with tubes opens up all sorts of possibilities. Well done.

Mar 03, 2013 at 07:15 PM
CGrindahl
• • • • • •
p.2627 #5 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

So that is what you're dealing with Leighton. Whoa! For a person with as active a lifestyle as you have this must be a real nuisance. I guess buying and selling gear is one way to occupy your time. Love that last close shot with the 28 f/2.8 AI-s. Happy it stayed in the family. Reagan seems to be competing with KEH in turning lenses over...

Mar 03, 2013 at 07:21 PM
leighton w
• • • • •
p.2627 #6 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

CGrindahl wrote:
So that is what you're dealing with Leighton. Whoa! For a person with as active a lifestyle as you have this must be a real nuisance. I guess buying and selling gear is one way to occupy your time. Love that last close shot with the 28 f/2.8 AI-s. Happy it stayed in the family. Reagan seems to be competing with KEH in turning lenses over...

Thanks Curtis and yes, it IS a nuisance! BUT...it comes off this Thursday. I love the idea of keeping these lenses in the family as well. I can already say with just a few clicks with it, that I LOVE the 28mm f2.8 AI-s. I can't believe how close it gets.

Mar 03, 2013 at 07:26 PM
CGrindahl
• • • • • •
p.2627 #7 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Another close shot taken with the 105 f/2.5 P AI'd with two extension tubes. The P is the older Sonnar design but it is a delightful lens to use. This was shot at f/8. Stopping down is essential with tubes.

Mar 03, 2013 at 07:26 PM
CGrindahl
• • • • • •
p.2627 #8 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

leighton w wrote:
Thanks Curtis and yes, it IS a nuisance! BUT...it comes off this Thursday. I love the idea of keeping these lenses in the family as well. I can already say with just a few clicks with it, that I LOVE the 28mm f2.8 AI-s. I can't believe how close it gets.

Perhaps you recall that I bought that lens as part of a package deal with a 50 f/1.2 AI-s and a 20 f/2.8 AI-s. I was most interested in the 50 but then began shooting with the 28 in earnest during my first visit to the Netherlands. It became my most used lens both for close work and simply as a walk around lens.

During my second trip last year I took the 28 f/2 AI-s which performed beautifully but that takes nothing away from the f/2.8 lens. I've recommended it often and typically point folks toward Philippe's work with that lens, which is exemplary. I know you'll have fun with it. Shooting close and wide open creates delicious images, such as the one you created.

Happy to know liberation is at hand.

Mar 03, 2013 at 07:30 PM
leighton w
• • • • •
p.2627 #9 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Oh yea, I remember that. I also remember the images from the Netherlands, all wonderful. I particularly liked the one you did with the windmills.

Mar 03, 2013 at 07:50 PM
CGrindahl
• • • • • •
p.2627 #10 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

That was with the 135 f/2.8 AI that got VERY little use on that trip and didn't make a subsequent trip. Of course, I discovered it is an excellent lens with tubes and put it to use that way.

I'll post the windmills shot for those newcomers who weren't around back then... two and a half years ago... amazing we've been at this so long...

Rain started to fall only moments after this was shot.

Mar 03, 2013 at 08:05 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

CGrindahl
• • • • • •
p.2627 #11 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

A macro with the 135 f/2.8 AI and a Vivitar tube whose length I don't recall...

Mar 03, 2013 at 08:08 PM
leighton w
• • • • •
p.2627 #12 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

CGrindahl wrote:
That was with the 135 f/2.8 AI that got VERY little use on that trip and didn't make a subsequent trip. Of course, I discovered it is an excellent lens with tubes and put it to use that way.

I'll post the windmills shot for those newcomers who weren't around back then... two and a half years ago... amazing we've been at this so long...

I always loved this shot, it would make a fine print for the wall.

Mar 03, 2013 at 08:10 PM
bruni
• • •
p.2627 #13 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

I know how you feel Phillippe - I got nothing. I know I don't comment much lately - but I'm still here, still lurking.

ben

a break in the rain - nikon 24mm PCE by benmorgan28, on Flickr

Mar 03, 2013 at 08:23 PM
CGrindahl
• • • • • •
p.2627 #14 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

After my post to Peter above I had to step out the door with the 80-200 f/4.5 AI mounted with a PK-13 to take a couple of quick shots... Here are two... wide open which at f/4.5 is workable. This lens is capable of producing sharp images wide open.

Mar 03, 2013 at 08:24 PM
CGrindahl
• • • • • •
p.2627 #15 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

bruni wrote:
I know how you feel Phillippe - I got nothing. I know I don't comment much lately - but I'm still here, still lurking.

ben

You'd better keep hanging around Ben or that lens you loaned us might get lost in San Francisco...

Truth be told, passion for shooting comes and goes, as does the inclination to chat about gear. It is wonderful that we have so many folks visiting this thread, including newcomers who bring their enthusiasm to spice things up. Right now I'm a bit turned on once again by extension tubes and flowers... I'll try to restrain myself...

Mar 03, 2013 at 08:26 PM
MarkdV
• • •
p.2627 #16 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Some love for a lens that doesn't get much use from me, the 75-150mm Series E. A versatile range of focal lengths covered but a couple of peculiarities the stop it becoming a firm favorite like the vignetting on the FX sensor and the zoom creep I haven't quite eliminated yet.
However I think it gives a very nice colour rendition and can make some very pleasing images.

Duck!

Small boy, big world

I don't know why I really liked this shot.

This should work on this forum, bikes and beer together.

Spring! Inside the house at least.

Mar 03, 2013 at 08:37 PM
Oosty
• • • •
p.2627 #17 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

rankamateur wrote:
Did you erase the card when you loaded Peter? If not you could pop it back in the camera and just see if you can view them. I used to check the box to delete when finished loading and quit doing that after a similar issue happened to me.

Ron, thanks for the reply. I always format the card in camera and never erase after the download. I've tried varous free recovery software without result and to be really honest the loss of these images is a pity not a tragedy. I've tried via the camera with no luck also and will just have to accept the "rub of the green" ( a golf term for a bad bounce or something sim ilar).

Mar 03, 2013 at 08:38 PM
Oosty
• • • •
p.2627 #18 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

designdog wrote:
Also check the info on one of the .nef files and be sure it is as large as you think it may be.

Are you opening them, or importing them? Try importing.

Also, if you haven't done this, try rebooting your PC. On a Mac, I would repair the permissions. Don't know what the equivalent is on the PC.

You could also download the free demo of Lightroom, or Photoshop, and see if that works...

Thank you for the input. Sadly nothing seems to work but I've had a similar experiene with film where I didn't notice that the take up spool hadn't engagaed the sprockets!

Reminds me of the old story about the executive famed for his good judgement. When asked what he attributed his good judgement to he replied "Bad judgement".

Just says it all.

Mar 03, 2013 at 08:43 PM
Oosty
• • • •
p.2627 #19 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Leighton - putting your best foot forward?

Curtis - your comment epitomises what this thread is about. See a shot, think "I've a lens or tube", get out there, post, get someone else thinking "I've a lens" and so we move on...

The daffs and Dutch images are excellent - wait "I have a 105 2.5 that I haven't used for a while....."

Great images with the 80-200 4.5 .. I'd love to see what you could do with my lens

Ben - great to see you. I hope you're not a cricket fan.....

Mark - good stuff. Glad the snow's gone and the narcissii are out.

Mar 03, 2013 at 08:55 PM
Lieutenant Z
• • • •
p.2627 #20 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

bruni wrote:

ben

Flickr

Hey Ben, haven't seen you for ages. In fact I felt abandoned!
Actually I have been a bit tied up at work.
Nice stuff from you with the PCE!

Mar 03, 2013 at 08:58 PM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password