Home · Register · Software · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

  New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist
  

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              2492      
2493
       2494              5886       5887       end
  

Manual Focus Nikon Glass
  
 
Oosty
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2493 #1 · p.2493 #1 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


I have a serious problem with PSE 6 and/or Sandisk.

I went to a blugrass concert yesterday afternoon and unusually for me took about 200 pics. Came home and downloaded only to find that while they appear on "My Pictures" as .NEF files I can't open them in either PSE or View NX2. The disc appears to be totally corrupted but I'm sure this happened after the download.

Has anyone else had this lousy experience and if so were you able to fix it?

Any help welcome.

Thanks.



Mar 03, 2013 at 02:12 PM
rankamateur
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2493 #2 · p.2493 #2 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


Oosty wrote:
I have a serious problem with PSE 6 and/or Sandisk.

I went to a blugrass concert yesterday afternoon and unusually for me took about 200 pics. Came home and downloaded only to find that while they appear on "My Pictures" as .NEF files I can't open them in either PSE or View NX2. The disc appears to be totally corrupted but I'm sure this happened after the download.

Has anyone else had this lousy experience and if so were you able to fix it?

Any help welcome.

Thanks.


Did you erase the card when you loaded Peter? If not you could pop it back in the camera and just see if you can view them. I used to check the box to delete when finished loading and quit doing that after a similar issue happened to me.



Mar 03, 2013 at 02:36 PM
designdog
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2493 #3 · p.2493 #3 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


Also check the info on one of the .nef files and be sure it is as large as you think it may be.

Are you opening them, or importing them? Try importing.

Also, if you haven't done this, try rebooting your PC. On a Mac, I would repair the permissions. Don't know what the equivalent is on the PC.

You could also download the free demo of Lightroom, or Photoshop, and see if that works...



Mar 03, 2013 at 03:31 PM
leighton w
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2493 #4 · p.2493 #4 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


Ok, I have reached the extreme of boredom. So much so, I have stooped to taking shots of my boot! I did manage to hobble out to the propagation greenhouses to take a few snaps of crops Barbara has started. it's always nice to go in there this time of year to get a green fix.

BTW Reagan, these were all with nice 28mm f2.8 AI-s you sold me, thanks again.



















Mar 03, 2013 at 03:45 PM
MarkdV
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2493 #5 · p.2493 #5 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


kwoodard wrote:
Thanks Ronny.

Here is the blossoming tree my coworker loves.

First shot is with the Series E 28mm. Either I have an excellent copy or the so-called reviewers that rate this so low are out of their minds.



The reviewers are out of their minds. I hate the weight and feel of the lens, but it is one of my most used lens because I love the images that come out of it. Lovely work with it BTW.



Mar 03, 2013 at 04:28 PM
MarkdV
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2493 #6 · p.2493 #6 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


leighton w wrote:
Ok, I have reached the extreme of boredom. So much so, I have stooped to taking shots of my boot! I did manage to hobble out to the propagation greenhouses to take a few snaps of crops Barbara has started. it's always nice to go in there this time of year to get a green fix.

BTW Reagan, these were all with nice 28mm f2.8 AI-s you sold me, thanks again.



Boot-iful Leighton.

As it comes to the end of the ski season here you see a lot of those around. I hope that it is healing well!



Mar 03, 2013 at 04:39 PM
MarkdV
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2493 #7 · p.2493 #7 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


50mm f1.2. Taken especially for Monty







Mar 03, 2013 at 04:46 PM
Lieutenant Z
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2493 #8 · p.2493 #8 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


Jose nice & interesting images from Pompeď. What a stunning place !

Nothing special from me, just that pic taken with 85 HC :









Mar 03, 2013 at 04:57 PM
leighton w
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2493 #9 · p.2493 #9 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


MarkdV wrote:
Boot-iful Leighton.

As it comes to the end of the ski season here you see a lot of those around. I hope that it is healing well!


Thanks!



Mar 03, 2013 at 05:23 PM
leighton w
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2493 #10 · p.2493 #10 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


Lieutenant Z wrote:
Jose nice & interesting images from Pompeď. What a stunning place !

Nothing special from me, just that pic taken with 85 HC :



Good to see you Philippe. I think your subject is asleep.



Mar 03, 2013 at 05:24 PM
 

Search in Used Dept. 



CGrindahl
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2493 #11 · p.2493 #11 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


Oosty wrote:
Thanks Georg. The only change made was to use a tripod for each photo. With the PN-11 the dof is very shallow but by sliding the soom, I found it relatively easy to focus reasonbly accurately.



That is the reason I find shooting with tubes mounted on these push pull zooms is so simple. You'll doubtless inspire me Peter to pull out the 80-200 f/4.5 AI, the precursor to you f/4 lens. It has long been a favorite for shooting with tubes but has found its way of late to the back of the cabinet.

I loved the shot. Shooting with tubes opens up all sorts of possibilities. Well done.



Mar 03, 2013 at 07:15 PM
CGrindahl
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2493 #12 · p.2493 #12 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


So that is what you're dealing with Leighton. Whoa! For a person with as active a lifestyle as you have this must be a real nuisance. I guess buying and selling gear is one way to occupy your time. Love that last close shot with the 28 f/2.8 AI-s. Happy it stayed in the family. Reagan seems to be competing with KEH in turning lenses over...


Mar 03, 2013 at 07:21 PM
leighton w
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2493 #13 · p.2493 #13 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


CGrindahl wrote:
So that is what you're dealing with Leighton. Whoa! For a person with as active a lifestyle as you have this must be a real nuisance. I guess buying and selling gear is one way to occupy your time. Love that last close shot with the 28 f/2.8 AI-s. Happy it stayed in the family. Reagan seems to be competing with KEH in turning lenses over...


Thanks Curtis and yes, it IS a nuisance! BUT...it comes off this Thursday. I love the idea of keeping these lenses in the family as well. I can already say with just a few clicks with it, that I LOVE the 28mm f2.8 AI-s. I can't believe how close it gets.



Mar 03, 2013 at 07:26 PM
CGrindahl
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2493 #14 · p.2493 #14 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


Another close shot taken with the 105 f/2.5 P AI'd with two extension tubes. The P is the older Sonnar design but it is a delightful lens to use. This was shot at f/8. Stopping down is essential with tubes.




Mar 03, 2013 at 07:26 PM
CGrindahl
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2493 #15 · p.2493 #15 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


leighton w wrote:
Thanks Curtis and yes, it IS a nuisance! BUT...it comes off this Thursday. I love the idea of keeping these lenses in the family as well. I can already say with just a few clicks with it, that I LOVE the 28mm f2.8 AI-s. I can't believe how close it gets.


Perhaps you recall that I bought that lens as part of a package deal with a 50 f/1.2 AI-s and a 20 f/2.8 AI-s. I was most interested in the 50 but then began shooting with the 28 in earnest during my first visit to the Netherlands. It became my most used lens both for close work and simply as a walk around lens.



During my second trip last year I took the 28 f/2 AI-s which performed beautifully but that takes nothing away from the f/2.8 lens. I've recommended it often and typically point folks toward Philippe's work with that lens, which is exemplary. I know you'll have fun with it. Shooting close and wide open creates delicious images, such as the one you created.

Happy to know liberation is at hand.



Mar 03, 2013 at 07:30 PM
leighton w
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2493 #16 · p.2493 #16 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


Oh yea, I remember that. I also remember the images from the Netherlands, all wonderful. I particularly liked the one you did with the windmills.


Mar 03, 2013 at 07:50 PM
CGrindahl
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2493 #17 · p.2493 #17 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


That was with the 135 f/2.8 AI that got VERY little use on that trip and didn't make a subsequent trip. Of course, I discovered it is an excellent lens with tubes and put it to use that way.

I'll post the windmills shot for those newcomers who weren't around back then... two and a half years ago... amazing we've been at this so long...


Rain started to fall only moments after this was shot.



Mar 03, 2013 at 08:05 PM
CGrindahl
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2493 #18 · p.2493 #18 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


A macro with the 135 f/2.8 AI and a Vivitar tube whose length I don't recall...




Mar 03, 2013 at 08:08 PM
leighton w
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2493 #19 · p.2493 #19 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


CGrindahl wrote:
That was with the 135 f/2.8 AI that got VERY little use on that trip and didn't make a subsequent trip. Of course, I discovered it is an excellent lens with tubes and put it to use that way.

I'll post the windmills shot for those newcomers who weren't around back then... two and a half years ago... amazing we've been at this so long...



I always loved this shot, it would make a fine print for the wall.



Mar 03, 2013 at 08:10 PM
bruni
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2493 #20 · p.2493 #20 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


I know how you feel Phillippe - I got nothing. I know I don't comment much lately - but I'm still here, still lurking.

ben


a break in the rain - nikon 24mm PCE by benmorgan28, on Flickr



Mar 03, 2013 at 08:23 PM
1       2       3              2492      
2493
       2494              5886       5887       end






FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              2492      
2493
       2494              5886       5887       end
    
 

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password