Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              2477      
       2479              3822       3823       end

Manual Focus Nikon Glass

bruni
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2478 #1 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

kwoodard wrote:
Wow, just wow... Perfect!

+!

incredible pano Georg - almost looks like it was done with a wide angle - with that curving effect. great PP too.

ben

Jan 19, 2013 at 10:02 PM
raboof
• • •
p.2478 #2 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Nice shot, Scott.
I am running around the house looking for something to take a picture of...
135mm f2.0 (selling if anyone is looking for one).

Jan 19, 2013 at 10:15 PM
leighton w
• • • • •
p.2478 #3 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

bruni wrote:
+!

incredible pano Georg - almost looks like it was done with a wide angle - with that curving effect. great PP too.

ben

What's for breakfast mate?

Jan 19, 2013 at 10:16 PM
leighton w
• • • • •
p.2478 #4 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

raboof wrote:
Nice shot, Scott.
I am running around the house looking for something to take a picture of...
135mm f2.0 (selling if anyone is looking for one).

Ok Chuong I need to know two things. Why are you selling it, and how much? Oh, and one more, do you have a pic of it?

Jan 19, 2013 at 10:18 PM
georgms
• • • •
p.2478 #5 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Philip, Monty, Foggy, Leighton, Ray, Philippe, Ronny, Peter, Mark and Ben - thanks a bunch for your comments on the pano!

Kevin, I like your close-up-shots taken with the 80-200/4.5 a lot: beautiful monochromatic espresso-machine and very cool abstract of the vent.

John, I'm really curious about your findings on the 135's. I've tried the 135/2 Ais on the V1 (the tiny V1 has nothing in common with your D800 except a high pixel-density) and found it to be troubled by CA's and overall a not very good performer on this camera.
Have a nice sunday on the mountains!

Peter, very nice sets from the market! My favs are the first baguettes-shot and the country-bread-image for their shallow DoF and framing.

Philippe, the "Screws" and the "Crane" are truly outstanding captures.

Ray, congrats to your anniversary! Music is an important part of my life too - but I can't play an instrument or sing (I do it, but just in the car or under the shower and rather loud than good ;-). Nikki should make a great lens to capture evenings around a stage.

Scott, beautiful image from the winterly stubblefield (?).

Anthony, hats off to your focusing skills! Love the dancing dog.

Chuong, nice examples of your 135/2.

Jan 19, 2013 at 10:19 PM
raboof
• • •
p.2478 #6 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Leighton, I am going to PM you.

Jan 19, 2013 at 10:21 PM
bruni
• • •
p.2478 #7 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Lieutenant Z wrote:
A few more from the Champs Elysées with the 50/1.8 :

Phillippe - finally!!! finally!!!! - there I am constantly shooting the Opera House or the harbour bridge (and you calling them banal) so I thought we'd never get a pic of the Eiffel Tower, Sacre Coeur, the Champs Elysees. I assumed you eschewed tourist snaps....but all I can say is....finally!! .........and thank you......thank you.

I love these. LOVE them. Especially the first one. The light is so perfect on the woman in the foreground it almost looks like you used a flash. And the composition and the strong contrasts give the streetscape an amazing 3D effect. I would never have guessed that was the nikon 50 1.8. Masterfully done.

I could understand if the second shot of the woman on the phone was taken with an 85 but with a 50 you would have been close enough to hear everything she was saying - I'm surprised she didn't call the police.

The smiley face on the street sign of the Place De Charles De Gaulle makes me want to barf - but hey, that's not your fault.

thank you. thank you again.

ben

Jan 19, 2013 at 10:21 PM
bruni
• • •
p.2478 #8 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

leighton w wrote:
What's for breakfast mate?

morning Leighton. Went to dinner at a friend's house last night. I ate and drank a bit too much - feeling a bit seedy this morning - can't quite face breakfast.

Hope those lambs are doing well.

ben

Jan 19, 2013 at 10:23 PM
georgms
• • • •
p.2478 #9 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Foggy14 wrote:
Georg, wonderful panorama!

What software are you using for your stitching?

Thanks, Jeff!
I've used Photoshop CS6 - the Photomerge-function in automatic mode ;-). It works great in many cases, but not always.
I've tried PTGui and Autopano as well for other panos, but these specialized programs are to complicated for my occasional use.

Ben, I have a russian swing-lens-panoramic camera as well - will try to do a comparison between this one and a stitched pano sometimes.
I've lost a few auctions on the mighty Noblex 120-panoramic camera - now that's a mean machine;-)
Overall I prefer the look of stitched panoramics over cropped images taken with a fisheye or ultrawide lens.

Philippe, the single images were taken from the tall church-spire displayed in the backlit winter-shots.
The problem was that I had to shoot through a small opening in a wire-fence (protecting the interior of the spire from the doves).

Jan 19, 2013 at 10:26 PM
bruni
• • •
p.2478 #10 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

georgms wrote:
Thanks, Jeff!
I've used Photoshop CS6 - the Photomerge-function in automatic mode ;-). It works great in many cases, but not always.
I've tried PTGui and Autopano as well for other panos, but these specialized programs are to complicated for my occasional use.

Ben, I have a russian swing-lens-panoramic camera as well - will try to do a comparison between this one and a stitched pano sometimes.
I've lost a few auctions on the mighty Noblex 120-panoramic camera - now that's a mean machine;-)
Overall I prefer the look of stitched panoramics over cropped images taken with a fisheye or ultrawide
...Show more

the noblex huh? be interesting to see what you do if you ever get one.

You think PTGui is too complicated? I use it because it's so simple: - load the images, press stitch and it does everything. It's photoshop I can't figure.

I agree that stitched panoramas look much better than cropped wide angles - but you don't always have the option.

ben

Jan 19, 2013 at 10:35 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

leighton w
• • • • •
p.2478 #11 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

raboof wrote:
Leighton, I am going to PM you.

Right back at you.

Jan 19, 2013 at 10:40 PM
stevenvh
• •
p.2478 #12 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Nikki's other sister....
I have a K 85/1.8 (Ai'd) # 421152 that's available for the cost of shipping.
It's got fungus, dust and dry focus, also original hood and leather case, generic caps.
Cosmetically, I'd say an 8. No scratches or rubs on the glass.
It differs from the HC version mostly in appearance, it seems. It looks like an Ai lens:
http://www.destoutz.ch/lens_85mm_f1.8_423875.html

Also an Ai-S 50/1.4 in similar condition available. If anyone is interested, please PM me.

cheers,
Steven

Jan 19, 2013 at 10:48 PM
leighton w
• • • • •
p.2478 #13 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Barbara has become a lamb mother!

One of the ewes has rejected her babies, so we'll have to feed them a bottle 4 times a day for the next 6 or 7 weeks.

Edited on Jan 19, 2013 at 10:54 PM · View previous versions

Jan 19, 2013 at 10:52 PM
Lieutenant Z
• • • •
p.2478 #14 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

bruni wrote:
Phillippe - finally!!! finally!!!! - there I am constantly shooting the Opera House or the harbour bridge (and you calling them banal) so I thought we'd never get a pic of the Eiffel Tower, Sacre Coeur, the Champs Elysees. I assumed you eschewed tourist snaps....but all I can say is....finally!! .........and thank you......thank you.

I love these. LOVE them. Especially the first one. The light is so perfect on the woman in the foreground it almost looks like you used a flash. And the composition and the strong contrasts give the streetscape an amazing 3D effect. I would never have guessed
...Show more

Thanks Ben.
Actually I never go to the Champs but I had an apppointment there and a few minutes for shooting before an other appointment in La Defense (#3 & # 4 in the 1st set).

Yep I was close enough to hear what she was saying but she is a french girl and a french girl never call the police when a guy like me is too close to her -)

Do you want shots of the Eiffel Tower ? Well I will do my best even if I hate that ugly monument-)

Have a nice day!

Jan 19, 2013 at 10:53 PM
Lieutenant Z
• • • •
p.2478 #15 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

leighton w wrote:

One of the ewes has rejected her babies, so we'll have to feed them a bottle 4 times a day for the next 6 or 7 weeks.

Lovely shot Leighton!

Jan 19, 2013 at 10:54 PM
stevenvh
• •
p.2478 #16 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

mp356 wrote:
John, this looks like a very nice trio. I am curious how you find the 135 3.5 and 2.8 for sharpness, and how they perform against the 105 2.5.
Scott

John, me too. I'm contemplating an AiS 2.8 and wonder about it's peformance.

Jan 19, 2013 at 10:55 PM
stevenvh
• •
p.2478 #17 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

jhinkey wrote:
Look what showed up on my doorstep this afternoon. The final part of the 135mm trio - the 135/3.5 AIS (left).

Hopefully the weather will cooperate this weekend to give the f/3.5 a spin on the D800.

John

And what about the E Series lens? I just had a minty one CLA'd and, except for looking kinda' skinny on a D700, it seems to be a very nice lens. From a quick test in the parking lot of the shop, it's sharp at portrait distance with great color and contrast and nice bokeh too.

cheers,
Steven

Jan 19, 2013 at 11:04 PM
georgms
• • • •
p.2478 #18 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

leighton w wrote:

Ohh, now that's quite a task! B&W works very well for images in the stable.

Jan 19, 2013 at 11:29 PM
georgms
• • • •
p.2478 #19 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Ben, I've tried PTGui again (for the same pano) and it worked flawless. I'm just lost in the various options.
A fellow photographer who shoots a lot of critical interiors swears by PTGui - maybe I'll give it another try when I finally do some critical work ;-)
The Noblex will be a dream for the next time - no additional analogue-cameras until I have set up a proper wet darkroom...

Jan 19, 2013 at 11:34 PM
pburke
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2478 #20 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Had a chance to try my new 20mm f3.5 AI - vintage toy day all around here, as my son and I took our 1970s slot cars for a spin. Love the lens already; it's been on my wish list since the film days.

20mm f3.5 iso 800 on D600, handheld

with K1 extension ring, iso 100 at f11, tripod, about 5 sec exposure - something from the days when toys didn't have to be politically correct. Love what a less than 1/4 inch extension tube can do for a wide angle - marcro with depth of field. Distance from front element of lens to object was about 2 inches.

Jan 20, 2013 at 01:18 AM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password