Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              2472      
       2474              4306       4307       end

Manual Focus Nikon Glass

raboof
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2473 #1 · p.2473 #1 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Ben, great perspective and lighting.
Laura, I saw that yesterday from my window and "thought" about taking a few shots. Awesome shots!

Jan 18, 2013 at 01:56 PM
leighton w
• • • • •
p.2473 #2 · p.2473 #2 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Here's a few from this morning. We had a little snow yesterday so it made everything pretty this morning. All shots taken with the 28-50mm f3.5.

Our ram Waylon eating hie breakfast

The chickens don't care much for the snow

Jan 18, 2013 at 02:16 PM
MarkdV
• • •
p.2473 #3 · p.2473 #3 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

leighton w wrote:
Here's a few from this morning. We had a little snow yesterday so it made everything pretty this morning. All shots taken with the 28-50mm f3.5.

Very nice Leighton,
You live in a really beautiful place. Is your chicken house a converted horse trailer?
I guess right now your Ram is busy trying to learn the names of all his new children.

That lens really makes a dreamy picture.

Mark

Jan 18, 2013 at 02:28 PM
jhinkey
• • • • •
p.2473 #4 · p.2473 #4 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

asiostygius wrote:
Perhaps you guys can be interested in this webpage I just have found right now:
http://www.sassmannshausen.eu/lenses.html
There are several interesting comments and sample shots of MF Nikkors.

John, at least for the sample copies of the guy in that site, the 135/3.5 is better evaluated than the 135/2.8.

Great find Jose - I thought I'd found just about every site that reviewed MF Nikkors, but I guess I had not!

I hope that others will collect their images in one place for those of us to peruse.

John

Jan 18, 2013 at 04:48 PM
leighton w
• • • • •
p.2473 #5 · p.2473 #5 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

MarkdV wrote:
Very nice Leighton,
You live in a really beautiful place. Is your chicken house a converted horse trailer?
I guess right now your Ram is busy trying to learn the names of all his new children.

That lens really makes a dreamy picture.

Mark

Thanks Mark. The chicken house is indeed a converted horse trailer. I also made a contraption that automatically closes the door at night. The Ram will never meet his "children" as he has to be a bachelor until his services are needed next year.

Jan 18, 2013 at 04:51 PM
kwoodard
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2473 #6 · p.2473 #6 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

jhinkey wrote:
Great find Jose - I thought I'd found just about every site that reviewed MF Nikkors, but I guess I had not!

I hope that others will collect their images in one place for those of us to peruse.

John

Maybe those that host their photos on Flickr or other image hosting sites can put links to their profiles? I have my images sorted by lens, or at the very least put the lens data with the picture if its not included in one of my lens folders.

Thoughts?

Jan 18, 2013 at 04:58 PM
philipj
• • •
p.2473 #7 · p.2473 #7 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

kwoodard wrote:
Maybe those that host their photos on Flickr or other image hosting sites can put links to their profiles? I have my images sorted by lens, or at the very least put the lens data with the picture if its not included in one of my lens folders.

Thoughts?

I have all my photos organized by lenses in sets on Flickr too, so it's easy enough to find my stuff. Also I don't have any non-AI-s glass these days, so every photo I take, save for the odd iPhone shot, is with a manual focus NIKKOR!

Jan 18, 2013 at 05:01 PM
leighton w
• • • • •
p.2473 #8 · p.2473 #8 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

philipj wrote:
I have all my photos organized by lenses in sets on Flickr too, so it's easy enough to find my stuff. Also I don't have any non-AI-s glass these days, so every photo I take, save for the odd iPhone shot, is with a manual focus NIKKOR!

Stupid question, can you have your photos in more than 1 set? For example, suppose i take a shot of a barn with the 50mm, can I have it in a 50mm set and say a barn set?

Jan 18, 2013 at 05:08 PM
kwoodard
• • • •
p.2473 #9 · p.2473 #9 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

philipj wrote:

Likewise. I am all manual, all the time now. Series E 28mm and 50mm and 80-200 AI.

Jan 18, 2013 at 05:09 PM
NightOwl Cat
• • • • •
p.2473 #10 · p.2473 #10 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Thanks Leighton, one of those checking the door to make sure it was locked, and that moon caught my eye, and I forgot how tired I was

leighton w wrote:
Yea, we have just 2 more ewes to go! It really was a bummer about the compressor, even this time of year, we sell veggies year round. Fortunately, we took this week off because of lambing.

I love your moon shots. I like moon shots better when it's NOT a full moon.

Thanks Chuong, I forgot about going to sleep after I saw it . Moonset tonight is half past midnight, so a little earlier. Hoping it's clear out tonight too, an idea just crossed my mind and it would be interesting to see if I can do this shot that's now stuck in my head.

raboof wrote:
Ben, great perspective and lighting.
Laura, I saw that yesterday from my window and "thought" about taking a few shots. Awesome shots!

These are beautiful shots Leighton.

leighton w wrote:
Here's a few from this morning. We had a little snow yesterday so it made everything pretty this morning. All shots taken with the 28-50mm f3.5. These three need a repeat

http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/ufiles/19/763819.jpg

http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/ufiles/20/763820.jpg

http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/ufiles/22/763822.jpg

Jan 18, 2013 at 05:10 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

NightOwl Cat
• • • • •
p.2473 #11 · p.2473 #11 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

not a stupid question, and the answer to your question is yes, you can have it in more than one set.

leighton w wrote:
Stupid question, can you have your photos in more than 1 set? For example, suppose i take a shot of a barn with the 50mm, can I have it in a 50mm set and say a barn set?

Jan 18, 2013 at 05:12 PM
kwoodard
• • • •
p.2473 #12 · p.2473 #12 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

NightOwl Cat wrote:
not a stupid question, and the answer to your question is yes, you can have it in more than one set.

I just figured out how to do that too. I will have to go through and update my online photos...

Jan 18, 2013 at 05:14 PM
leighton w
• • • • •
p.2473 #13 · p.2473 #13 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

kwoodard wrote:

Thoughts?

philipj wrote:

leighton w wrote:

NightOwl Cat wrote:

Thanks Laura, and thank you Philip for the idea.

Jan 18, 2013 at 05:23 PM
rankamateur
• • •
p.2473 #14 · p.2473 #14 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Done! Finished! Over! "NMFAS" Totally cured! Never to stray again! The latest arrival was stalked and lusted for with unrelenting pursuit! The search has ended. Pic taken with the 28 2.8 AI-S.

NIKON D7000    0.0 mm f/0.0 lens    28mm    f/8.0    1/320s    400 ISO    -0.7 EV  

Jan 18, 2013 at 06:13 PM
leighton w
• • • • •
p.2473 #15 · p.2473 #15 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Congrats Ron, she's a beauty, now let's see some images with it!

Oh, and one more thing, there is NO cure.

Jan 18, 2013 at 06:19 PM
MDoc9523
• • • • •
p.2473 #16 · p.2473 #16 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Ron I can only assume it is a 200-400 f4 ais?

Jan 18, 2013 at 06:26 PM
rankamateur
• • •
p.2473 #17 · p.2473 #17 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

MDoc9523 wrote:
Ron I can only assume it is a 200-400 f4 ais?

Your assumption is spot on Ray!
Leighton unless someone points me in the direction of a 1200-1700mm the buying is over with.

Jan 18, 2013 at 06:42 PM
last post

p.2473 #18 · p.2473 #18 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Hi all,

I wrote my first post ever, about my lens selection for a trip to Cuba, and about the D600 a couple of days ago.

My account was subsequently blocked - the post is at page 2467 - don't know why. I wrote to Fred and asked, but no reply. Feels a little sad as I have been reading more or less every post on this thread since Curtis started it and it feels like my second home...

These are the lenses I started writing about:

Anyway, I just signed in under another name because I wanted to thank you all for the welcome.
However, I don't really feel like staying so I post this, and a few pictures, and then I'm off.
Don't weep for me.

To Ben:
bruni wrote:
Hi Gabriel

welcome.

stimulating first post .

I have a D800E - and I'm one of those people who like to shoot raw and like to set ISO manually - was interested to hear that I've missed the point of this camera................

ben

sounds like horrible statement I made there... my point was that if you set your ISO manually, shoot raw and 'develop' your pictures in your computer, you are basically doing what the D600 and D800 seems to be capable of doing all by themselves. And as I am trying to show, with flying colours, sometimes perhaps even better than we can do ourselves!

Today, I have added new posts to the blog I set up trying to cover the D600, at http://nikonsystem.blogspot.com/
For those of you who have not seen it, I basically happened to stumble on a few aspects of the D600 and D800 jpeg behaviour which were not covered anywhere else on the Internet so I decided to share that with as many as possible.

Another example today - from the Camera Obscura in Havana, jpeg SOOC, Nikkor 35mm f/1,4 Ai-S shot at 2,0:

And the same jpeg, but with shadows lifted:

I will try to post another few pictures separately and then I'm off
Best, Gabriel

Jan 18, 2013 at 06:49 PM
last post

p.2473 #19 · p.2473 #19 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

And my last post...

A few recent pictures from Cuba, all with the Nikon D600, jpeg SOOC and all with the 35mm f/1,4.

Malécon. Cropped

Drying. SOOC

Playing with big sister. Cropped

Habana Vieja. Cropped

New Year painting. SOOC

Staircase, Habana Vieja.

Going home from work, Soroa. Cropped

Mar Caribe, south Cuba. Panorama of 3 pictures, using Microsoft ICE

Cheers,
Gabriel

Jan 18, 2013 at 06:50 PM
jhinkey
• • • • •
p.2473 #20 · p.2473 #20 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

So, where's Monty and Curtis these days?

Jan 18, 2013 at 07:28 PM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password