Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              2449      
       2451              4306       4307       end

Manual Focus Nikon Glass

georgms
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2450 #1 · p.2450 #1 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Monty, the "manual-readers"-shot is excellent.

Chin, love your architecture-images.

Kevin, the stitched building is beautifully captured.

Ben, love your work with the 24 PC-E! The tilted pano is really cool.

Paul, congrats to your Noct! I like especially the "Bridge" and "Bambi".

Philippe, very cool (in every aspect) ice-skater-picture.

Ronny, the portrait of your daughter is beautifully done.

Tony, I like your set of the "red glass thingies" a lot ;-)

Monty, an extreme crop of Rocky and Higgs (just the two heads, rotated a bit clockwise, maybe with a dramatic B&W-conversion) should make a scary „killer-image". But I like the picture as it is too.

Mark, the "Blessralle" is my personal fav from your Zürich-set.

Eric, love the ice-shot from a few pages back.

Tony, the "Berries" taken with the 55/1.2 is (are?) wonderful.

Rafael, the scanned "fire"-set is breathtaking. Thanks for sharing!

Ray, I really like the "geese-parade".

Sorry, I've missed some really good contributions...

Thanks for your comments on my shoes (I check my footwear at least twice before leaving home now ;-) and the singing-children-shot.

Jan 09, 2013 at 10:21 PM
kwoodard
• • • •
p.2450 #2 · p.2450 #2 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Thanks for the comments on my recent building shot. I wasn't quite happy with it, I first thought the lens was having issues (if you follow the front point of the building, it isn't perfectly straight). I found out today that the reason it is a little wavey is because of heat expansion of the metals. In winter, the air is cold on one side (keeping the shaded side around 40 degrees F) and the sun heats the opposite side to about 80+. Makes it warp a little. In the summer, its perfectly straight. To date, I think its the most complex shot I have taken.

For those that may have missed it... Oh, the building is affectionately known as "the Boat"

ITARCweb by Kevin.Woodard, on Flickr

Jan 09, 2013 at 10:43 PM
georgms
• • • •
p.2450 #3 · p.2450 #3 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Kevin, the "Boat" is full of photo-opportunities. As stated before, I like your shot of it. It should make a great subject for all kind of detail-shots. Here is the local "Boat" or better "Bow" (in nautical terms) - sorry, can't post it here.. For some years now I wanna shoot this building with one of my vintage box-cameras...

Jan 09, 2013 at 11:08 PM
kwoodard
• • • •
p.2450 #4 · p.2450 #4 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

georgms wrote:
Kevin, the "Boat" is full of photo-opportunities. As stated before, I like your shot of it. It should make a great subject for all kind of detail-shots. Here is the local "Boat" or better "Bow" (in nautical terms) - sorry, can't post it here.. For some years now I wanna shoot this building with one of my vintage box-cameras...

Danke for the link and the ideas...(I added you as a friend on Flikr too) Next sunny day I will bring my camera and try a couple shots I have in mind now.

I also need to shoot all of my old vintage cameras. I have a bunch that I want to sell to get more lenses.

Jan 09, 2013 at 11:33 PM
kwoodard
• • • •
p.2450 #5 · p.2450 #5 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Just saw this pop up on KEH... 58mm 1.2 Noct...

http://www.keh.com/camera/Nikon-Manual-Focus-Fixed-Focal-Length-Lenses/1/sku-NK06010201054N?r=FE

Jan 09, 2013 at 11:37 PM
David Antilley
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2450 #6 · p.2450 #6 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

raboof wrote:
I don't know if I will like fisheye but I am willing to give it a try. The 15mm rectilinear is a bit hard to work under the sun. A 16mm f3.5 (K) non-ai is coming my way. I cannot find a conversion kit for it so looks like I will have to make the mod myself. I don't like to mess with the original ring though. The lens is expensive and it would be nice to have the option to go back to the original ring. I'll have to make a choice...

I have an extra orginial ring that you can have if you need it.

David

Jan 09, 2013 at 11:46 PM
mp356
• • • •
p.2450 #7 · p.2450 #7 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

NightOwl Cat wrote:
Some shots from downtown after I returned that book The last one, I immediately thought of several people here who would have missed the last line....

RATS, forgot to change the lens data, all shot with the 85 f/1.4

Nice series Laura. Quite a pile of white stuff!
Scott

Jan 10, 2013 at 12:08 AM
mp356
• • • •
p.2450 #8 · p.2450 #8 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

kwoodard wrote:
Thanks for the comments on my recent building shot. I wasn't quite happy with it, I first thought the lens was having issues (if you follow the front point of the building, it isn't perfectly straight). I found out today that the reason it is a little wavey is because of heat expansion of the metals. In winter, the air is cold on one side (keeping the shaded side around 40 degrees F) and the sun heats the opposite side to about 80+. Makes it warp a little. In the summer, its perfectly straight. To date, I think its the
...Show more

Neat looking building and very nice capture by you. Definately a challange to get the composition right. Well done. What is the building used for?
Scott

Jan 10, 2013 at 01:22 AM
kwoodard
• • • •
p.2450 #9 · p.2450 #9 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

mp356 wrote:
Neat looking building and very nice capture by you. Definately a challange to get the composition right. Well done. What is the building used for?
Scott

I work on a junior college campus, the building is the new IT building I believe. I had walked by the building for a week looking at it and finally brought in my camera when the sky wasn't gray and scary. Thanks for the compliment.

Jan 10, 2013 at 01:29 AM
Zichar
• • • •
p.2450 #10 · p.2450 #10 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

It's a lovely photo Kevin, I'm hooked on symmetry

Jan 10, 2013 at 01:49 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

mp356
• • • •
p.2450 #11 · p.2450 #11 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Sunny day here so I went out to see what the snow has not covered. Taken with 105 2.5 wide open. Thanks for looking.
Scott

Jan 10, 2013 at 01:52 AM
Foggy14
• • •
p.2450 #12 · p.2450 #12 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Santa was kind enough to drop a copy of silver efex pro2 down the chimney and I've been working on learning this Lightroom plug-in. Here are a few test images. Any comments or suggestions for improvement from the b&w conversion pros on the forum would be much appreciated.

Thanks, Jeff

Seascape Nikon D800 Nikkor 180mm 2.8 ais 1/200s f4 ISO 100 circular polarizer

SUP Nikon D800 Nikkor 180mm 2.8 ais 1/400 f5.6 ISO 100 circular polarizer

Pelicans Nikon D800 Nikkor 105mm 2.5 ais 1/30s f8 ISO 100

Jan 10, 2013 at 02:17 AM
mp356
• • • •
p.2450 #13 · p.2450 #13 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Foggy14 wrote:
Santa was kind enough to drop a copy of silver efex pro2 down the chimney and I've been working on learning this Lightroom plug-in. Here are a few test images. Any comments or suggestions for improvement from the b&w conversion pros on the forum would be much appreciated.

Thanks, Jeff

I do not know much about b&w conversions to be much help, but I really like the third image of the pelicans in flight. Nice contrast and out of focus area.
Scott

Jan 10, 2013 at 02:21 AM
asiostygius
• • • •
p.2450 #14 · p.2450 #14 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

raboof wrote:
I don't know if I will like fisheye but I am willing to give it a try. The 15mm rectilinear is a bit hard to work under the sun. A 16mm f3.5 (K) non-ai is coming my way. I cannot find a conversion kit for it so looks like I will have to make the mod myself. I don't like to mess with the original ring though. The lens is expensive and it would be nice to have the option to go back to the original ring. I'll have to make a choice...

Chuong, I have never tried it, but this can be an option to you:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/170358603875?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Jan 10, 2013 at 02:41 AM
georgms
• • • •
p.2450 #15 · p.2450 #15 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Kevin, ouch, that Noct is quite expensive ;-)

Scott, nice haws (?). I would love to get some of your sun or snow (or both combined) over here after a long period of rain combined with a monotone all-gray sky...

Jeff, congrats! Santa seems to be a wise man;-) Your conversion look really good to me. "SUP" is hard to get right in color and B&W in my opinion. It's all a matter of personal preferences and taste (that's why all my B&W's are so grainy and gritty). Love the panned Pelicans!

Jan 10, 2013 at 02:54 AM
NightOwl Cat
• • • • •
p.2450 #16 · p.2450 #16 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Pretty neat building! at least you know now it wasn't you going crazy, just the building

kwoodard wrote:
Thanks for the comments on my recent building shot. I wasn't quite happy with it, I first thought the lens was having issues (if you follow the front point of the building, it isn't perfectly straight). I found out today that the reason it is a little wavey is because of heat expansion of the metals. In winter, the air is cold on one side (keeping the shaded side around 40 degrees F) and the sun heats the opposite side to about 80+. Makes it warp a little. In the summer, its perfectly straight. To date, I think its the
...Show more

Thanks Scott, I wonder if they'll truck it over to the river, or just let it melt in place, and if so, how long it will take for it to completely melt

mp356 wrote:
Nice series Laura. Quite a pile of white stuff!
Scott

Love it Scott. Only problem with these red berries is that the robins come find them, eat them and then later decorate the cars

mp356 wrote:
Sunny day here so I went out to see what the snow has not covered. Taken with 105 2.5 wide open. Thanks for looking.
Scott

Jan 10, 2013 at 03:28 AM
raboof
• • •
p.2450 #17 · p.2450 #17 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

David Antilley wrote:
I have an extra orginial ring that you can have if you need it.

David

Wow. Thank you, David. It's great to know. I will take it out and make the mod tomorrow.

Jan 10, 2013 at 04:08 AM
raboof
• • •
p.2450 #18 · p.2450 #18 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

asiostygius wrote:
Chuong, I have never tried it, but this can be an option to you:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/170358603875?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Jose, thanks for the link. I saw that but I think the DIY should be ok for my use. Fingers crossed.

Jan 10, 2013 at 04:13 AM
jcslone
• •
p.2450 #19 · p.2450 #19 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Hey everyone! Been gone from here for a long time (deployment to Afghanistan). Finally got home and settled down and shot a few of the kids with my 55/3.5 Micro on my D3000...

Gotta get my Upload/Sell membership renewed soon, pardon the links please...

Adonai
Joseph

Jan 10, 2013 at 04:38 AM
Foggy14
• • •
p.2450 #20 · p.2450 #20 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Thanks Scott and Georg. I'm fond of the pelicans shot because it was such a happy accident. I was set up on a tripod for a slow shutter speed, deep DOF landscape photo when the pelicans came barreling down the estuary. Everything in my setup was wrong, but it turned out ok. It was one those "better lucky than good" moments.

Jan 10, 2013 at 04:44 AM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password