Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              2312      
       2314              4299       4300       end

Manual Focus Nikon Glass

CGrindahl
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2313 #1 · p.2313 #1 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

montym wrote:
Yet another one for today's walk.
I saw these shoes and pants coming from the intersection. I slowly swung my camera around and tried to guess where the focus would be. Just b/4 she got where I wanted her, I knelt and raided the camera to my eye and clicked.

When I lowered the camera she was laughing at me...

Oh well..

Awesome shot Monty! I love it.

Dec 03, 2012 at 06:11 AM
philipj
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2313 #2 · p.2313 #2 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Thanks Jeff!

Samy - I've been really enjoying your Baltimore photos. Having religiously devoured The Wire, I've sadly not had the opportunity to stop in Baltimore proper (though I've driven through a couple of times on the way from NYC to DC and back), but it seems like a great town, crime notwithstanding. There is also a strong Newfoundland/Baltimore connection, but I don't know if people in Maryland learn about it.

Philippe - thanks! And wonderful St-Nicolas photos, the last of the set is my favourite.

Georg - thanks! And I agree, it felt very much like fall's last stand today, before giving way to winter for good.

Mark - wonderful photo of your son, I'd retaliate with a Margot photograph, but she's asleep. Don't worry, I can promise you more will come.

I do have a 2 photo blend (for a quasi-HDR) of one of the old businesses along one of the hip streets near my home. Ossington Av a decade ago was all strip clubs or auto mechanics. Today most of the autobody shops have turned into art galleries or microbreweries, but OSSINGTON TIRE is holding out, for now. 28mm f/2.8 AI-s.

OSSINGTON TIRE by philipjohnson, on Flickr

Dec 03, 2012 at 06:40 AM
saph
• • • •
p.2313 #3 · p.2313 #3 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Jose, before those pages fly off, have to say that lapwing with the chick walking to it was super!

Matt, all the best with getting through and well recovered from whatever your treatment is.

Philip, didn't know about the Baltimore-Newfoundland connection, will look it up later today on the web when I get a chance, and thanks. Baltimore has some very nice areas, and looking at all the street photos here has inspired me to go exploring a bit. Still dipping my toes into street photography, and I certainly questioned myself pointing the lens at the bikers yesterday

Here's a couple more - birds and burgers:

Samy

Dec 03, 2012 at 10:02 AM
leighton w
• • • • •
p.2313 #4 · p.2313 #4 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

I got 4th place in a Dpreview challenge using the 180mm f2.8 AI-s. I guess these old lenses can still compete!

http://www.dpreview.com/challenges/Entry.aspx?ID=686788&View=Results&Rows=4

Dec 03, 2012 at 11:47 AM
Reagan
• • • •
p.2313 #5 · p.2313 #5 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Thanks for the comments Laura,Leighton,and Curtis
Laura,first time I have seen the horses without the wagon
Monty, You are braver than me I love the OOF background
Bert,great shot on the bird visitor
Chuong,nice lighting on the 2 people

Reagan

Dec 03, 2012 at 12:00 PM
deang001
• • •
p.2313 #6 · p.2313 #6 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

leighton w wrote:
I got 4th place in a Dpreview challenge using the 180mm f2.8 AI-s. I guess these old lenses can still compete!

Congrats, Leighton !! Great shot ... well done

Dec 03, 2012 at 12:37 PM
deang001
• • •
p.2313 #7 · p.2313 #7 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

montym wrote:
The Particle has arrived!!! Yes Higgs is here!
Here he is with his brother George.
George is from a previous litter

Very cute, Monty. I'm sure Higgs & Rocky will be inseparable soon. Look forward to seeing more of him.

You'll have to watch a few episodes of The Big Bang Theory with him

Dec 03, 2012 at 12:42 PM
stedge
• • •
p.2313 #8 · p.2313 #8 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Matt OHarver wrote:
I've been keeping up with the thread. And I'm certainly enjoying the photos you all have put up. Monty I'm not sure if Rocky is as happy about the new member of the family as you seem to be.

I grabbed the 35MM F1.4 today while Brandon was painting a new ornament for the tree. Penguins are his favorite.

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8070/8239720635_3a8d248d53_b.jpg
MJO_4047 by MattOphotog, on Flickr

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8062/8239720595_9dd83fa80f_b.jpg
MJO_4048 by MattOphotog, on Flickr

I'm going to find out this week about my surgery. And I've been warned ahead of time that the shots probably aren't going to work. I have a disk at C6 that
...Show more

Matt,

First, I hope that you soon find relief from your pain and numbness, and that you heal quickly.

Second, those handmade ornaments are the best! That toilet paper roll or cotton ball thing or yarn-and-paper santa that the kids or even my wife made when they were very, very young get premier spaces on our tree every year. As the kids get older, it is fun to see them pull ornaments out of storage and start sharing their memories.

Eric

Dec 03, 2012 at 01:26 PM
MarkdV
• • •
p.2313 #9 · p.2313 #9 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

leighton w wrote:

Nice one Leighton, well done.

Dec 03, 2012 at 01:30 PM
NightOwl Cat
• • • • •
p.2313 #10 · p.2313 #10 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Catching up on the last few days, whew!

Rinie, bummer on the mac going belly up. The new ones are finally available to order now. Hopefully you'll be able to get that sorted out soon.

Mark, I like both shots, the first one has a little more drama with the tree though. And the fountain shot reminds me of Don's work, except not b&w

Leighton, I bet on that full sized shot of that ornament, you can see yourself reflected back Congrats on fourth place at DP Review.

Jose, just love the new shots of the lapwing and her young'un. How tall are they?

Scott, hope the delivery truck shows up today

Phillipe, I have to ask what he's doing in this shot Love the fair series.

Reagan, love your car shots, the last one is a winner! Glad you changed your mind again. And yes, this was the first time I've seen these horses live and in person, wish they had the wagon out at least, but I didn't see it anywhere, so it must have been in one of the three semi trailers there.

Monty, love the playground shot! I don't know what to say about that display either, how does it look at night? And yeah, that's a heck of a fashion statement on those legs.

Ray, wish I'd visited the old sections of Charleston when we lived in SC, never made it that far though.

Georg, that hocket shot is great. The NHL owners have caused their fans a lot of grief with the second lockout, they may as well forget having a season this year and hope their fans don't tell them to take a flying leap.

Bert, you guys still have leaves on the trees? WOW. Nice neighborhood shot. THe bird shot is a stunner.

Matt, love the concentration on Brandon's face. When they want to do surgery, don't do it over the holidays for sure. Docs are really hard to get hold of during that time if you need them. While it's not in the same league as what you have to have done, I'm glad I got my shoulder surgery done when I did, pain free is really good, and I didn't lose very much movement at all, just can't reach up my back as much with the right as I can with the left, but all other movements are fine.

Dean, now I need to borrow the discs from my daughter, I've seen a few episodes of Big Bang..

Dec 03, 2012 at 02:58 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

MDoc9523
• • • • •
p.2313 #11 · p.2313 #11 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

leighton w wrote:

Way to go Leighton!!! That's a great shot!

Dec 03, 2012 at 04:58 PM
MDoc9523
• • • • •
p.2313 #12 · p.2313 #12 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

saph wrote:
Jose, before those pages fly off, have to say that lapwing with the chick walking to it was super!

Matt, all the best with getting through and well recovered from whatever your treatment is.

Philip, didn't know about the Baltimore-Newfoundland connection, will look it up later today on the web when I get a chance, and thanks. Baltimore has some very nice areas, and looking at all the street photos here has inspired me to go exploring a bit. Still dipping my toes into street photography, and I certainly questioned myself pointing the lens at the bikers yesterday

Here's a couple
...Show more

Very nice Samy I love the Chowhound!

Dec 03, 2012 at 04:59 PM
MDoc9523
• • • • •
p.2313 #13 · p.2313 #13 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

NightOwl Cat wrote:
Yesterday there was a holiday sale at a nearby arts center, I went, I looked, I shot, I shopped

Laura I love your work with the 85mm 1.4

Dec 03, 2012 at 05:00 PM
MDoc9523
• • • • •
p.2313 #14 · p.2313 #14 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

adh67 wrote:
Jus a few from this afternoon after the storm.

Bert

Nice work Bert

Dec 03, 2012 at 05:01 PM
leighton w
• • • • •
p.2313 #15 · p.2313 #15 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

MDoc9523 wrote:
Nice work Bert

http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/ufiles/72/745072.jpg

+1 !

Dec 03, 2012 at 05:09 PM
leighton w
• • • • •
p.2313 #16 · p.2313 #16 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Thanks everybody for the comment on the challenge.

Matt, I pray all will be well whichever route you go.

Dec 03, 2012 at 05:11 PM
philipj
• • •
p.2313 #17 · p.2313 #17 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Samy - I'm a sucker for any old coastal town, so keep those Baltimore shots coming!

Another heavy contrast b/w around the university, 28mm f/2.8 AI-s still.

McLennan Physical Laboratories by philipjohnson, on Flickr

Dec 03, 2012 at 05:53 PM
Lieutenant Z
• • • •
p.2313 #18 · p.2313 #18 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

NightOwl Cat wrote:
Phillipe, I have to ask what he's doing in this shot Love the fair series.

Laura, thanks. He is tossing feathers in front of a small wind tunnel pointed in the direction of a merry-go-round to entertain the kids.

Dec 03, 2012 at 05:54 PM
Lieutenant Z
• • • •
p.2313 #19 · p.2313 #19 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

philipj wrote:
Samy - I'm a sucker for any old coastal town, so keep those Baltimore shots coming!

Another heavy contrast b/w around the university, 28mm f/2.8 AI-s still.

Damn, heavy contrast? I bet you will have trouble with Leighton

Dec 03, 2012 at 06:00 PM
Lieutenant Z
• • • •
p.2313 #20 · p.2313 #20 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

NightOwl Cat wrote:
Yesterday there was a holiday sale at a nearby arts center, I went, I looked, I shot, I shopped

Love the first, Laura!

Dec 03, 2012 at 06:02 PM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password