Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              2282      
       2284              3823       3824       end

Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Zichar
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2283 #1 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

James: Steve Wakeman posts in the Your Best Nikon Shots thread too, lotsa Sydney harbour shots, absolutely smashing. His user name is elbeasto

Nov 27, 2012 at 02:58 AM
Paul Gabel
• •
p.2283 #2 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Haven't posted for quite sometime, but have been reading this thread all the time. I must admit I got a bit coy by all the great pictures that y'all put out.
Here's a little set with the 35mm 1.4 ais, on the ferry to the island of Texel.

_PG21201 by Apapa56, on Flickr

_PG21471 by Apapa56, on Flickr

_PG21495 by Apapa56, on Flickr

Nov 27, 2012 at 03:36 AM
Paul Gabel
• •
p.2283 #3 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

And while I am at it: a few concert shots with the 135mm 2.0 ais

_PG21887 by Apapa56, on Flickr

_PG21715 by Apapa56, on Flickr

_PG21875 by Apapa56, on Flickr

_PG22218 by Apapa56, on Flickr

Nov 27, 2012 at 03:40 AM
box185

Upload & Sell: On
p.2283 #4 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

x

Edited on Apr 04, 2014 at 03:43 AM · View previous versions

Nov 27, 2012 at 03:52 AM
box185

p.2283 #5 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

x

Edited on Apr 04, 2014 at 03:43 AM · View previous versions

Nov 27, 2012 at 03:55 AM
mp356
• • • •
p.2283 #6 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

MDoc9523 wrote:
Thank you Philip, Eric and Leighton. I agree with a lot of what Philip says, especially my zooms (which I seldom ever use) Eric it is hard to say goodbye to some lenses, but then again, if some one else could really use them....
Leighton I think that the only lenses that will appreciate in true value are the "fast glass" lenses. The others are just too plentiful.

What a dilemma Ray! On one hand having these lenses and being able to use them at different times is fun. However, if there are some that do not get much use, why not sell them and just keep your favorites. Besides, you can always buy them again some day. As Curtis and others say, "Kit Building is Forever".

Nov 27, 2012 at 04:05 AM
kwoodard
• • • •
p.2283 #7 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

box185 wrote:
I am relatively new on this forum - lurking for a couple of months, I suppose. I am enjoying the opportunity to learn from everyone here - very friendly community it seems. I have decided to break silence and comment on your four photographs - what can I say . . . amazing - this is what I aspire to. I have several manual focus lenses that I use with a D7000, but I really struggle with getting the focus right as you have done in these with the difficult 55mm f/1.2 lens at wide open apertures. These images inspire
...Show more
Welcome! As a fellow D7k shooter, look forward to seeing your shots.

Nov 27, 2012 at 04:07 AM
NightOwl Cat
• • • • •
p.2283 #8 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Samy, 100% crop just means snip out of the original and paste into a new file as new almost looks like the bird is standing on its beak on the water

saph wrote:
Here's a crop of the diving gull. Laura, not sure how to calculate a 100% crop.

Samy

David. I entertained getting it and cannibalizing the one I have and making the nicer one have the kit AI to it. There's 52 lenses there at the moment.

Oh, and for anyone looking, there's a 16 f/2.8 fisheye there at the moment...

http://www.keh.com/camera/Nikon-Manual-Focus-Fixed-Focal-Length-Lenses/1/sku-NK06999046136N?r=FE

David Antilley wrote:
Laura,

Curtis didn't get it but he definitely made me do it! I have grow to like the scalloped focus rings and build quality of these old lens. Thanks to Reagan as I would have missed it if he didn't provide the link.

Monty,

Love the Bokeh t-shirt, great find.

David

Samy, love the moon shot. It's been cloudy here at night so not much chance of getting a good shot.with the v1, yet.

saph wrote:
Wasn't me depleting the KEH inventory

Moon with the 500 F4P + TC-301. This was with the Gitzo tripod/ballhead focused in live view. I don't have a remote for the D800 so I set the timer (I believe its at 10s), and I could definitely see the image settle down in live view within those 10 seconds.

Samy

Thanks Georg, that sounds like a fun lens to try on it, I should also try the 80-400VR on it (SHhhhhhhhhh) All I can think of with your Swedish artist is "Don't Sneeze!"

georgms wrote:
Laura, impressive detail on the wine bottle taken with the 50/1.2 on the V1!
I'm still learning on how to use this camera properly, but at least some of my early results are promising (this is strictly confidential, because it doesn't belong to this thread, but I've had a blast with the V1 on my AF-S 200/2 ;-).

Welcome, Paul, and that's an impressive list you have there I shoot with FX, DX, and CX. Glad you introduced yourself Look for the focus confirmation dot, but at 1.2 you're going to have a razor thing margin of error there.

box185 wrote:
I am relatively new on this forum - lurking for a couple of months, I suppose. I am enjoying the opportunity to learn from everyone here - very friendly community it seems. I have decided to break silence and comment on your four photographs - what can I say . . . amazing - this is what I aspire to. I have several manual focus lenses that I use with a D7000, but I really struggle with getting the focus right as you have done in these with the difficult 55mm f/1.2 lens at wide open apertures. These images inspire
...Show more

Nov 27, 2012 at 04:29 AM
MDoc9523
• • • •
p.2283 #9 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

kwoodard wrote:
Welcome! As a fellow D7k shooter, look forward to seeing your shots.

Welcome! We are glad to have you. I shoot with the D7000 also. I read your profile and that is quite an impressive array of manual focus lenses!.Nice to have you Paul

Ray

Edited on Nov 27, 2012 at 04:58 AM · View previous versions

Nov 27, 2012 at 04:55 AM
MDoc9523
• • • •
p.2283 #10 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Paul those are some great shots with the 35mm 1.4 and the 135mm 2.0

Nov 27, 2012 at 04:56 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

vpik01
• • •
p.2283 #11 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

I agree with James - Georg that old shot of the interestingly arranged tiles is awesome. The look in the artists face is really compelling!

Another one from Thanksgiving morning, D600 with 35/1.4 AI-s;

Trusting the Sun by Tony DeFilippo, on Flickr

Nov 27, 2012 at 05:32 AM
vpik01
• • •
p.2283 #12 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Paul - thanks for diving in! Great sets with the 35 and 135, both awesome lenses! I love the tele shots of the singers in particular!

Nov 27, 2012 at 05:33 AM
Matt OHarver
• • • •
p.2283 #13 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

montym wrote:
I found a cool BOKEH t-shirt you bight like.
I live in t-shirts, this one is on my buy list!

click here

Did you buy everyone one?

I won't post all of the photos I want to comment on, because I'd make a whole new page. But I wanted to tell everyone I enjoyed the past few pages. Some of those "through the window" shots just had my jaw dropping to the floor. Great stuff!

Monty you are really rocking that 55MM it makes me smile(and cry a little) each time I see you post one of Rocky with it!

I didn't buy any MF lenses lately although the KEH sale had me interested. But I am having my MRI done in the morning and that photo is going to cost me what a nice piece of Nikkor would!

Matt

Nov 27, 2012 at 06:36 AM
a.RodriguezPix
• • • •
p.2283 #14 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

georgms wrote:
Hard to keep up with you fellow MF-Nikkor-shooters!
Some random notes about the last pots:
Americo, very, very nice bokeh-play!

georgms, Thank you very much, I appreciate it lot, and my knees do as well! I have actually learned how to read the little green/red focus confirmation dot from this forum, so everyone here is partly responsible for the sharpness achieved in my photos! next, hopefully someone could recommend a decent affordable tripod! Thanks again!

Nov 27, 2012 at 06:41 AM
zippy_monster
• •
p.2283 #15 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Sunset looking out over the valley and bay. D600 - 105/2.5 Ai - 1/250th - /8 - ISO 1000

Nov 27, 2012 at 07:32 AM
a.RodriguezPix
• • • •
p.2283 #16 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Nikon D700, Nikkor 28mm f/2.8 AIS, handheld.

Masked by Americo.Rodriguez, on Flickr

Nov 27, 2012 at 09:52 AM
georgms
• • • •
p.2283 #17 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

James Markus wrote:
I like this, georg. The toning in this reminds me of Ilford's multi-contrast pearl finish papers. Just the right amount of warm tones. How did you convert it?

James, thank you! There was no toning at all involved this time ;-)
Ilford's pearl finish paper was a long time favorite of mine as well. I have a nice Leitz-enlarger with a spiltgrade-modul sitting on the attic, but not the room to set it up properly. How I miss a real "wet darkroom"...
My standard routine to convert digital files to monochrome is to pick one of SilverEfex's presets and to fiddle with the sliders until the result suits my current taste. If someone wears jeans on the picture I'll usually start with the "push+1.5"-setting

Nov 27, 2012 at 10:35 AM
georgms
• • • •
p.2283 #18 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Paul, fantastic sets! I like especially the last two images from the ferry-series and the second and last shot from the jazz-session.

box185 wrote:
...Show more

Welcome, Paul!
I'm a D7000-user as well, but to be honest I prefer FX-bodies for the use with MF-Nikkors. I have the highest respect for fellow D7000-users like Ray, Jose and Kevin who are mastering the tough job of nailing the focus with fast lenses.
In certain situations using LiveView for critical focusing works really well, but unfortunately not for snapshots and/or moving subjects. Have you thought about installing an aftermarket screen with a split-prism and microprism ring?

Laura, I still have to select a few MF-Nikkors that work really well with the V1, but trying out lenses on this neat camera is already fun.

Tony, thanks! Regarding your fine picture of the building: "Nomen est omen" ;-)

Americo, a D700 with a 85/1.4 is quite a load for a tripod - I would look at the secondhand-market for something made out of heavy metal (or wood). If you don't wanna go hiking with it some pounds more shouldn't be a dealbraker. Some stuff made today (especially the cheap kits sold as a package) has way too much plastic in it for my taste.

Zippy_monster, that's a beautiful landscape-shot! Welcome! Nice to see another fan of the legendary 105/2.5!

Nov 27, 2012 at 11:23 AM
montym
• • • •
p.2283 #19 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

zippy_monster wrote:
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8060/8222096915_76fa3a82e4_b.jpg

Sunset looking out over the valley and bay. D600 - 105/2.5 Ai - 1/250th - /8 - ISO 1000

Beautiful capture. At first I thought this was one of John's. trust me, that's a compliment.
Perfect light!

Nov 27, 2012 at 12:22 PM
montym
• • • •
p.2283 #20 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Matt OHarver wrote:
Did you buy everyone one?

Matt

Not yet. I will wait until the charge card flips in to the next billing cycle. I've spent more than my allotment this month

Nov 27, 2012 at 01:08 PM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password