FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              2267      
       2269              5889       5890       end

Manual Focus Nikon Glass

leighton w
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2268 #1 · p.2268 #1 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Mark and Philippe, those are very nice skies to be working with.

Thanks you Philippe and Ray on commenting on my recent shot. Scott wanted to know if I applied a vignette in post, no. But I did use the graduated filter and adjustment brush a few different times.

John - Good timing on both of these.

Dec 27, 2012 at 05:12 PM
leighton w
• • • • • •
p.2268 #2 · p.2268 #2 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Since Skies seem to be the theme today, I was able to capture a beautiful sunrise this morning. I didn't think there was going to be one when I went out to feed the chickens. But as I was feeding, I looked up and saw it starting. I ran back to the house, kicked off my old dirty chore boots, went to the office and grabbed my camera and then ran back out side. By the time I got back out, it was just about over. Seems like they only last for a few minutes.

Both of them with the 180mm f2.8.

Dec 27, 2012 at 07:02 PM
kwoodard
• • • •
p.2268 #3 · p.2268 #3 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Leighton, wow! I like both of them a lot. Today is nothing but fog here... 1/4 mile visibility at best. Nothing to really see unless I go Macro.

Dec 27, 2012 at 07:12 PM
bruni
• • •
p.2268 #4 · p.2268 #4 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

kwoodard wrote:
Leighton, wow! I like both of them a lot. Today is nothing but fog here... 1/4 mile visibility at best. Nothing to really see unless I go Macro.

+!
wow - I like the second one - there's a sense of drama in waiting for the large piece of ice at the end of the "branch" to fall.

ben

Dec 27, 2012 at 07:46 PM
bruni
• • •
p.2268 #5 · p.2268 #5 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

kings_freak wrote:
Well, Santa was good to me this year and found me a 55mm that I believe has been factory AI'd. Can anyone tell from these pictures? I won't actually get the lens until Thursday or Friday.

Tony

P.S. These are not my pictures, just ones I downloaded from the auction.

yes Tony it does look like it's been factory ai'd. The bottom row of numbers seems intact and the edge of the lens doesn't appear to have been ground down - but it's hard to tell because the shot of the underside is taken from the opposite side of the lens.

ben

Dec 27, 2012 at 07:49 PM
montym
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2268 #6 · p.2268 #6 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

leighton w wrote:
Since Skies seem to be the theme today, I was able to capture a beautiful sunrise this morning. I didn't think there was going to be one when I went out to feed the chickens. But as I was feeding, I looked up and saw it starting. I ran back to the house, kicked off my old dirty chore boots, went to the office and grabbed my camera and then ran back out side. By the time I got back out, it was just about over. Seems like they only last for a few minutes.

Both of them with the
...Show more

Excellent shots! On #1 tHe sky looks like it's about to burst into flanes

Dec 27, 2012 at 07:55 PM
mp356
• • • • •
p.2268 #7 · p.2268 #7 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

bruni wrote:
+!
wow - I like the second one - there's a sense of drama in waiting for the large piece of ice at the end of the "branch" to fall.

ben

+1 Leighton. The second one is extremely nice. Definately worth getting up early. Great capture.
Scott

Dec 27, 2012 at 07:56 PM
Ronny Olsson
• • • • •
p.2268 #8 · p.2268 #8 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Great shot Z
Leighton: Second one is Great

Dec 27, 2012 at 07:56 PM
bruni
• • •
p.2268 #9 · p.2268 #9 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

CGrindahl wrote:

One of these days I'll catch up with the great conversation and wonderful photos being posted on this thread. You can consider me the long lost uncle who shows up from time to time and who then quickly disappears. My camera seldom leaves the bag, though I did put it to use during a Christmas gathering at a friend's home. I'll share a couple of photos. Rather than taking the 85 f/1.4 AI-s, I took the 85 f/1.8 H AI'd which performed beautifully. I love this focal length. One of these days I'll have a chance to play with an
mp356
• • • • •
p.2268 #10 · p.2268 #10 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Lieutenant Z wrote:
I have to say the 24 pce is not only a T/S lens, it is also a first rate 24mm for normal use (way way better than 24&28 ais) :

Very nice skies and shadows Philippe. I like the first image in this set of two. You are putting that 24 pce to good use!
Scott

Dec 27, 2012 at 07:58 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

bruni
• • •
p.2268 #11 · p.2268 #11 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

leighton w wrote:
It snowed, sleeted and rained all day yesterday. I went out in the late afternoon and saw this area where the sun was TRYING to come out. It actually never made it.

sorry Leighton - I was working backwards catching up on the posts overnight and didn't see this - this is wonderful - I see you used a fllter and a bit of precessing - but it works - very moody.

ben

Dec 27, 2012 at 08:00 PM
bruni
• • •
p.2268 #12 · p.2268 #12 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

rafaelcasd wrote:
Walk by the lake
No fishing 35mm 1.4 ais D3, I am not using the D800 for everything.
[url=httpn Flickr';\

Gate to nowhere

[url=hton Flickr

Runner by Fallen Tree @ 1.4

[url=h

Rafael - lovely compositions on these - have to look carefully to see that runner (should have paid more attention to the title). Beautiful colour in the second one.

ben

Edited on Dec 27, 2012 at 08:22 PM · View previous versions

Dec 27, 2012 at 08:04 PM
bruni
• • •
p.2268 #13 · p.2268 #13 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Lieutenant Z wrote:
Ben : In most cases no tripod is needed (I hate tripod ) with the 24 pce even in the dark :

jeez Phillippe - you're worse than Curtis.

I can see how you tilt without a tripod - but how do you shift? you've got to be in the same position. Why do you say it's better than the other 24 and 28? in what way? (oh please don't do this to me - I'm really trying to save some money)

ben

Dec 27, 2012 at 08:07 PM
jhinkey
• • • • •
p.2268 #14 · p.2268 #14 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

And a few more . . .

More Legos - Hand For Scale

Busy With Legos

Distracted

Dec 27, 2012 at 08:09 PM
Lieutenant Z
• • • •
p.2268 #15 · p.2268 #15 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

bruni wrote:
jeez Phillippe - you're worse than Curtis.

I can see how you tilt without a tripod - but how do you shift? you've got to be in the same position. Why do you say it's better than the other 24 and 28? in what way? (oh please don't do this to me - I'm really trying to save some money)

ben

How I use the tilt ? Hum.... well, in French we say "au pif!", I think in English it could be something like 'the best of luck".... but my keeper rate is.... would say 1/4.....

Actually I don't like the 24 ais and I like (a lot) the 28/2.8 ais only for closeups (the 28/2 has an ugly bokeh for my taste, I had one and didn't keep it).
imho the 24 pce has better contrast, is sharper and has especially way better color. Thus I prefer the overall rendering wich has something like the Zeiss style.
But before buying T/S lens I advise you to rent one.
Just my 0.02, my friend

Dec 27, 2012 at 08:36 PM
Lieutenant Z
• • • •
p.2268 #16 · p.2268 #16 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Ronny _Olsson wrote:
Great shot Z
Leighton: Second one is Great

Thanks Ronny, can't wait to see your pictures with the 105/205 and 135/2!

Dec 27, 2012 at 08:38 PM
Ronny Olsson
• • • • •
p.2268 #17 · p.2268 #17 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Great shot John ..
Want my lens immediately when I see the pictures :-)

Dec 27, 2012 at 08:39 PM
bruni
• • •
p.2268 #18 · p.2268 #18 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Lieutenant Z wrote:
How I use the tilt ? Hum.... well, in French we say "au pif!", I think in English it could be something like 'the best of luck".... but my keeper rate is.... would say 1/4.....

Actually I don't like the 24 ais and I like (a lot) the 28/2.8 ais only for closeups (the 28/2 has an ugly bokeh for my taste, I had one and didn't keep it).
imho the 24 pce has better contrast, is sharper and has especially way better color. Thus I prefer the overall rendering wich has something like the Zeiss style.
But before buying T/S
...Show more

Oh Phillippe - I begged you - but you sucked me in: sharper, better contrast and way better colour.

I can't rent - it's way too expensive (be almost $500 for a weekend - I found a boxing day bargain for about $1850).
I'm going to wash my face with cold water and think about something else.

ben

Dec 27, 2012 at 08:44 PM
Lieutenant Z
• • • •
p.2268 #19 · p.2268 #19 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

bruni wrote:
Oh Phillippe - I begged you - but you sucked me in: sharper, better contrast and way better colour.

I can't rent - it's way too expensive (be almost $500 for a weekend - I found a boxing day bargain for about $1850).
I'm going to wash my face with cold water and think about something else.

ben

Grrrr $500 for a we? Bad luck! I rented one for 96 and 10 days :
http://www.objectif-location.fr/index-objectifs,louer-un-objectif-nikon.html?monture=nikon

Dec 27, 2012 at 08:53 PM
huddy
• • •
p.2268 #20 · p.2268 #20 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

My 4 favorites?
28/2 AI
50/1.2 AI-S
105/2.5 AI-S
180/2.8 ED AI-S

Dec 27, 2012 at 09:07 PM
1       2       3              2267