Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              2265      
       2267              4191       4192       end

Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Lieutenant Z
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2266 #1 · p.2266 #1 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Place St Michel, Paris, 85 1.8 :

Nov 23, 2012 at 09:10 PM
mp356
• • • •
p.2266 #2 · p.2266 #2 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

georgms wrote:
Thanks for your comments on the harbor-shots - much appreciated!
I've spend the last days playing with a Nikon V1 and listening to rock-tunes (including some from Jose's home-country - I wish a had a lens as fast as these drums), so I'm probably a bit from the roll.
Here are some pictures taken with MF-Nikkors on the V1:

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8340/8211174806_be0d80063d_c.jpg
the not so bright ones von georgsfoto auf Flickr
christmas-fair is already open - 55/1.2 Ai, aperture not recorded, probably wide open
for shots taken handheld framing and focusing is difficult with the V1's finder

Georg, these are all terrific. I especially like the backgrounds, this one in particuliar.
Scott

Nov 23, 2012 at 09:15 PM
georgms
• • • •
p.2266 #3 · p.2266 #3 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Philippe, thanks and I miss Ben too. I was waiting for his takes on the solar-eclipse down under, I hope he's back soon.
Very cool picture with the 85/1.8 above - and somehow completely different (light, angles, framing) from your other recent photographs.
edit: this was for the "Gen Paul"-picture, the piano-player is absolutely great as well, perfectly isolated with the fast 85!

Peter, very nice portrait of Ingrid!

Ray, hats off to your focusing skills! I'm completely lost when it comes to manual focusing (without Live-View) a lens on the D7000.

Leighton, Ian and Scott - thanks! The V1 is a neat little camera, but not exactly my favorite when it comes to ergonomics. The framing in the christmas-fair-shot was too close/tight for my liking, I have to learn to use the V1.

Jose, I've had a dose of Sepultura and Soulfly, interesting stuff and well made, but not really my cup of tea
Right now my favorite bands/musicians seem all to be located close to Curtis ;-)

Nov 23, 2012 at 09:27 PM
mp356
• • • •
p.2266 #4 · p.2266 #4 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Inspired by Georg's maritime and b&w conversions. This does not begin to compare but here goes..................

Comments and critique needed.
Scott

300 4.5

Nov 23, 2012 at 09:33 PM
Lieutenant Z
• • • •
p.2266 #5 · p.2266 #5 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Very nice Scott. I like the composition. FWIW perhaps it would deserve a little more contrast (just my 0.02)

Nov 23, 2012 at 09:52 PM
saph
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2266 #6 · p.2266 #6 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Haven't heard that name in a while, didn't Ceausescu (wow, never tried to spell that and I don't know how to get that squiggly under the s) come to a sudden end in the streets?

Philip, good captures.

There must still be remnants of that style in Eastern Europe.

Samy

georgms wrote:
Philip, very nice series about the medical centre's architecture! It looks a bit, well, behind-the-iron-curtain-esque ;-) Maybe Mihai can chime in - at first I thought the medical centre belongs to Nicolae Ceaușescu.
I really like subjects like this one and your take on it.

Nov 23, 2012 at 10:04 PM
leighton w
• • • • •
p.2266 #7 · p.2266 #7 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

mp356 wrote:
Inspired by Georg's maritime and b&w conversions. This does not begin to compare but here goes..................

Scott

Very nice Scott, I like how you captured the large sailing ship in the background.

Nov 23, 2012 at 10:06 PM
saph
• • • •
p.2266 #8 · p.2266 #8 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

What cleaning kit/solution did you use Leighton? I have got spots on the D800 sensor that are hardy.

Samy

leighton w wrote:
This is a very good image Monty.

FWIW, I just wet-cleaned my sensor and took all but 2 little spots away. I'm just going to to leave those.

Nov 23, 2012 at 10:11 PM
saph
• • • •
p.2266 #9 · p.2266 #9 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Really like the composition and conversion, although I have no expertise in conversion, I just hit the convert to B&W in Photoshop.

Scott, is that Lake Erie?

Samy

mp356 wrote:

Scott

Nov 23, 2012 at 10:12 PM
saph
• • • •
p.2266 #10 · p.2266 #10 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Some of you folks are are really showing how to use the large aperture lenses. Some cool ones from Americo also.

Georg, getting these on the V1 is even more commendable.

Samy

mp356 wrote:
Georg, these are all terrific. I especially like the backgrounds, this one in particuliar.
Scott

Nov 23, 2012 at 10:14 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

saph
• • • •
p.2266 #11 · p.2266 #11 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Philippe, very nice, and that one street shot with houses blurred in the background was noteworthy. Your image really brought out the life going on in that street. Very vivid.

Samy

Lieutenant Z wrote:
Place St Michel, Paris, 85 1.8 :

Nov 23, 2012 at 10:16 PM
leighton w
• • • • •
p.2266 #12 · p.2266 #12 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

montym wrote:
Another snowy picture

leighton w wrote:
This is a very good image Monty.

FWIW, I just wet-cleaned my sensor and took all but 2 little spots away. I'm just going to to leave those.

saph wrote:
What cleaning kit/solution did you use Leighton? I have got spots on the D800 sensor that are hardy.

Samy

Here you go Samy:
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/308405-REG/Photographic_Solutions_SS3BOX_Sensor_Swab_Type_3.html

Nov 23, 2012 at 10:16 PM
leighton w
• • • • •
p.2266 #13 · p.2266 #13 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Looks like we might get another new Noct? http://nikonrumors.com/2012/11/22/new-nikon-58mm-f1-2-lens-patent.aspx/

Nov 23, 2012 at 10:18 PM
saph
• • • •
p.2266 #14 · p.2266 #14 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Monty,

Try and keep that snow up north with you in Wisconsin, I don't need it down here

Samy

montym wrote:
OH MY GOSH

What a difference a day makes! It was 52 deg F and sunny yesterday. Today it is 25 deg F with 20+ mph wind.
and SNOW

Nov 23, 2012 at 10:18 PM
mp356
• • • •
p.2266 #15 · p.2266 #15 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Thanks for the comments Philippe, Leighton, and Samy.

Philippe, I pushed the contrast slider in LR as far to the right as it would go, or in Star Trek terms Scotty would say "I'm given her all see got!" Maybe more grain?

Samy, this was taken when I was in Acadia this fall. That is Frenchmans Bay with the Atlantic way in the distance.

Leighton, the four masted ship is the Margaret Todd. She does day sails out of Bar Harbor in season.

Nov 23, 2012 at 10:28 PM
montym
• • • •
p.2266 #16 · p.2266 #16 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

saph wrote:
Monty,

Try and keep that snow up north with you in Wisconsin, I don't need it down here

Samy

I hope it stays in northern WI. We just got home from the 4.5 hr drive. I got stuck in my sister's driveway. Took about 10 min of shoveling to get out. Then the 1/2 mile drive down their driveway. I was going as fast as I could while keeping the Honda under control. I would have been stuck again if I stopped. The next hour was not fun. Blowing snow and icy roads.

At any rate, I'm home in my chair, Rocky is at my side and my computer is in my lap! Life it good!

Now where is my camera?

Monty

Nov 23, 2012 at 10:44 PM
montym
• • • •
p.2266 #17 · p.2266 #17 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Oh my gosh! I have high speed Internet access again! I was getting about 60k download at my sister's

It's good to be back to civilization!

Nov 23, 2012 at 10:46 PM
Mishu01
• • • •
p.2266 #18 · p.2266 #18 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

saph wrote:
Haven't heard that name in a while, didn't Ceausescu (wow, never tried to spell that and I don't know how to get that squiggly under the s) come to a sudden end in the streets?

Philip, good captures.

There must still be remnants of that style in Eastern Europe.

Samy

Samy, whose name you haven't heard in a while? Mine?

Georg, you have a fine architectural sense... yes, this looks like "good" communist architecture from Romania... Well, we have also "bad" communist architecture... I may need to document it a bit for this thread... Need some time, energy and to receive my new machine (PC)...

Philip, you did a great job, capturing not only walls but also the atmosphere. Congrats!

Y'all... as you can see I am faithfully reading the thread... and I find every day an immense pleasure looking at your unbelievable good images... Unfortunately I have no chance to chat very much... only when someone calls my name

Nov 23, 2012 at 10:48 PM
montym
• • • •
p.2266 #19 · p.2266 #19 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

saph wrote:
Some of you folks are are really showing how to use the large aperture lenses. Some cool ones from Americo also.

Georg, getting these on the V1 is even more commendable.

Samy

Very cool picture
BOKEH!!!!

Nov 23, 2012 at 10:49 PM
montym
• • • •
p.2266 #20 · p.2266 #20 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

leighton w wrote:
It's not B&W!

I get it! Now how did a color picture slip though? I'll try not to let it happen again!

Nov 23, 2012 at 10:50 PM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password