1       2       3              2231      
       2233              5888       5889       end

Manual Focus Nikon Glass

montym
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2232 #1 · p.2232 #1 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

a.RodriguezPix wrote:

Handheld shot of my boy, Nikon D700 plus Nikkor 85mm 1.4 AIS @ 1/200/8 ISO 100, with Nikon SB-28 set to 1/32 "M" mode, with I believe a CTO Orange gel.

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8224/8273409151_2bfb654864_b.jpg
That's My Boy! by aNikkorGuy, on Flickr

Beautiful. I love it when I only reason I know a flash was used is because I was told...

My daughter has a D200. She is using my 50mm f/1.8 She is always grumbling how hard it is for her to get shots in low light. She even remarked, "I need a flash!" You guessed it, it is Christmas time. I bought her a flash. I'm sure I'll be playing with it and I suspect you will be seeing some horribly lit pictures soon

Dec 15, 2012 at 01:28 PM
montym
• • • •
p.2232 #2 · p.2232 #2 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Reagan wrote:
windy and choppy day on the water
The first one is the hospital where the exorcism will occur I doubt I get an ocean view room

Fish cleaning station and last one is free WI-Fi park by the water

180 2.8

Reagan

Man, that water looks cold!!!!

May I make a suggestion? When you go in for your exorcism, leave you cell phone at home. After my 1st exorcism, when I was "recovering" I sent some very stupid text messages. I stil don't remembering sending them

Really, it's no big deal.The "prep" is the worst part. By the time you get to the hospital, it's all down hill.

Dec 15, 2012 at 01:35 PM
NightOwl Cat
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2232 #3 · p.2232 #3 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

soapbox Ok, seriously guys, the test is a necessary one to do, and more people need to get over the "taboo" and have theirs done when they should. Like I said, the worst part was drinking the liquid in the time you have to drink it. For most people nowadays, you don't have that two week prep time other than avoiding red colored food for two weeks. Colon cancer, however, is supposed to be a really rough and painful way to die. /soapbox

Oosty wrote:
And he'll be the butt of a lot of jokes

Dec 15, 2012 at 01:50 PM
mp356
• • • • •
p.2232 #4 · p.2232 #4 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

MarkdV wrote:
Hi All,

Quickly some test shots with the newly acquired 180mm f2.8 from Schaffhausen. Nothing special but a lovely lens to hold and use.

Mark, these are great. I really like the first two. Looks like a very nice lens.
Scott

Dec 15, 2012 at 02:17 PM
mp356
• • • • •
p.2232 #5 · p.2232 #5 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

NightOwl Cat wrote:
soapbox Ok, seriously guys, the test is a necessary one to do, and more people need to get over the "taboo" and have theirs done when they should. Like I said, the worst part was drinking the liquid in the time you have to drink it. For most people nowadays, you don't have that two week prep time other than avoiding red colored food for two weeks. Colon cancer, however, is supposed to be a really rough and painful way to die. /soapbox

Laura, good soapbox speach. Very important test everyone should have after 50.

Dec 15, 2012 at 02:19 PM
montym
• • • •
p.2232 #6 · p.2232 #6 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

NightOwl Cat wrote:

I hope my joking around didn't imply that a colonoscopy is not necessary. I am 60 yrs old. I've had two so far. Both Nancy's parents died of colon cancer. Neither had colonoscopies are a regular preventative measure.

I talk freely about it in the hopes that it makes the whole thing easier.

This test and many others help to ensure that we will live a long and hopefully happy lives!

and yes, try to take your own camera with you!

Dec 15, 2012 at 02:49 PM
Reagan
• • • •
p.2232 #7 · p.2232 #7 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

This will be my first and I am 60
My wife says to put my big boy pants on and "Man Up"

Reagan

Dec 15, 2012 at 03:19 PM
jhinkey
• • • • •
p.2232 #8 · p.2232 #8 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

leighton w wrote:
Cool lens and a good starting price! I bet Jose and John would be interested in this.

You bet, but I just dropped some cash on some m43 gear (taboo I know) and a 70-200/4 AFS (also very frowned upon).

It also looks like they've modified the aperture ring and the hood is missing. But for $900 . . . . .

Dec 15, 2012 at 03:29 PM
Lieutenant Z
• • • •
p.2232 #9 · p.2232 #9 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Reagan wrote:

Reagan

and she's right! actually nothing to get worked up about : it's just a long and dredful time to get through....

Edited on Dec 15, 2012 at 03:46 PM · View previous versions

Dec 15, 2012 at 03:33 PM
jhinkey
• • • • •
p.2232 #10 · p.2232 #10 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

montym wrote:
Tough day for Higgs today. First trip to the vet. Poked, prodded, temp taken, and a shot.

He and Rocky actually together today. Good hard play that lasted 5-10 minutes. Maybe they will get along!

http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/ufiles/90/748290.jpg

Monty

Monty - Higgs looks very much like a bat in this picture!

Dec 15, 2012 at 03:42 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Lieutenant Z
• • • •
p.2232 #11 · p.2232 #11 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Seth Lord wrote:
Lieutenant - just to say that I love your Verdun shots. We were there (and in Nancy) a couple of years ago. My wife and I had a picnic in the forest, among the heaving mounds of earth and trenches now covered with grass and trees, and we reckoned we could feel the ghosts. So many thousands. Gravestones everywhere, 'Mort pour la France', and so young, and (surprisingly) so many of them women. It wasn't scary. Just very moving. Our son was in Iraq at the time, and we felt we owed the departed our respect. The enormity of
...Show more

Thanks for your interesting comment!
Glad you visited Verdun : very few australian (or US) tourists there!
A moving place to say the least and I undersatnd what you mean when you say " we could feel the ghosts".Talk about a tragedy : 900,000 Brits, 1,500,000 French and 2,000,000 germans were killed in the WW1 and around 300,000 just in Verdun.

Here is a shot of the ruins of the famous "Fort de Vaux" :

Dec 15, 2012 at 03:43 PM
NightOwl Cat
• • • • •
p.2232 #12 · p.2232 #12 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Thanks Scott and Monty. I didn't want Reagan to chicken out. I'm still surprised Reagan managed to not have this for ten years. It really is not that bad of a test, they knock you out pretty good so that you don't feel anything. You get driven home, and relax the rest of the day and enjoy the meds.

Now if you want to see some funny colonoscopy material, check out Robin Williams' description of his during his "On Broadway" show back in 2002, I think it was. He does use lots of "vulgar language" but that and the end piece talking about a certain ED medicine had tears rolling down our eyes and us all doubled over in pain from laughing so hard. My husband was sitting in a hotel room in Montgomery Alabama, and I was up here, both of us watching but not knowing the other was watching. I was watching with my kids.

mp356 wrote:
Laura, good soapbox speach. Very important test everyone should have after 50.

montym wrote:
I hope my joking around didn't imply that a colonoscopy is not necessary. I am 60 yrs old. I've had two so far. Both Nancy's parents died of colon cancer. Neither had colonoscopies are a regular preventative measure.

This test and many others help to ensure that we will live a long and hopefully happy lives!

Dec 15, 2012 at 03:55 PM
mp356
• • • • •
p.2232 #13 · p.2232 #13 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

montym wrote:

Well said Monty. A necessary test indeed and joking helps take some of the stress out of it. So should he take the telephoto or wide angle lens?

Dec 15, 2012 at 04:06 PM
rafaelcasd
• • • •
p.2232 #14 · p.2232 #14 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Reagan wrote:
This will be my first and I am 60

Reagan

I am 61 an up next for this examination in 2013. There is effective sedation or full anesthesia, the latter is riskier. Best to "Man Up" and keep your risk as low as possible.

Dec 15, 2012 at 04:07 PM
DTOB
• • •
p.2232 #15 · p.2232 #15 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

A change of subject:

My 16/3.5 should be here by Thursday.

Dec 15, 2012 at 04:31 PM
Matt OHarver
• • • •
p.2232 #16 · p.2232 #16 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

10% off for regular members of this thread this weekend.

Dec 15, 2012 at 04:48 PM
saph
• • • •
p.2232 #17 · p.2232 #17 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Philippe, I presume those are remnants of trenches. Very moving.

Samy

Lieutenant Z wrote:
Thanks for your interesting comment!
Glad you visited Verdun : very few australian (or US) tourists there!
A moving place to say the least and I undersatnd what you mean when you say " we could feel the ghosts".Talk about a tragedy : 900,000 Brits, 1,500,000 French and 2,000,000 germans were killed in the WW1 and around 300,000 just in Verdun.

Here is a shot of the ruins of the famous "Fort de Vaux" :

Dec 15, 2012 at 05:32 PM
saph
• • • •
p.2232 #18 · p.2232 #18 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

I'll pitch in if that helps Reagan.

Just don't put tubes on the lens, whichever one you are taking. And leave the reversing ring at home, please!

But seriously, anything to stay healthy.

mp356 wrote:
Well said Monty. A necessary test indeed and joking helps take some of the stress out of it. So should he take the telephoto or wide angle lens?

Dec 15, 2012 at 05:40 PM
saph
• • • •
p.2232 #19 · p.2232 #19 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Matt, hope your neck pain is getting better.

Matt OHarver wrote:
10% off for regular members of this thread this weekend.

Dec 15, 2012 at 05:47 PM
montym
• • • •
p.2232 #20 · p.2232 #20 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

DTOB wrote:
A change of subject:

My 16/3.5 should be here by Thursday.

VERY COOL!!!!!
I predict you will LOVE this lens!

Dec 15, 2012 at 05:56 PM
1       2       3              2231