FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              2047      
       2049              5887       5888       end

Manual Focus Nikon Glass

saph
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2048 #1 · p.2048 #1 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

I meant I just can ***not*** come up with interesting framing with fisheyes!

So despite those very nice Charleston pics from Ray, I am passing There's still time on this lens unless someone jumped on it.

saph wrote:
That one's reduced to $770. I just can come up with interesting framing with fisheye lenses (unlike you all 16 fisheye users here ), otherwise I would have at least thought about it.

Samy

Nov 09, 2012 at 12:17 AM
montym
• • • •
p.2048 #2 · p.2048 #2 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

David Antilley wrote:
Wow and I thought I over paid at $550 for a mint non-AI. I do like the case.

David

I do like this line in the description:

"...wonderful Collectible, perfect for Display in Home or Office
and a Conversation Piece..."

Nov 09, 2012 at 12:26 AM
CGrindahl
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2048 #3 · p.2048 #3 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

There is no doubt Samy, that on a full frame camera a fisheye lens demands a different way of looking at subjects. You are no longer simply taking photos of a subject, you're evaluating what lines within the frame you want to bend, whether horizontal or vertical. If that tickles your fancy, a fisheye lens can be fun. Here's a shot I posted before, on the other first I took with the 16 f/3.5 AI'd I bought from John. (He sold me one of his two after he'd bought another one... and now he's talking about a third... I do believe John needs a 12 Step program... )

I don't often seek this look but as I say above, I wouldn't DREAM of selling this lens. (John gave me a good price and asked for first right of return if I sold it... )

Nov 09, 2012 at 12:28 AM
MDoc9523
• • • • •
p.2048 #4 · p.2048 #4 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

montym wrote:

Apparently just the ad I posted is a conversation piece

Nov 09, 2012 at 12:29 AM
CGrindahl
• • • • • •
p.2048 #5 · p.2048 #5 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

montym wrote:

Just about makes me cry... These lenses are NOT for collecting, they're for using.

Nov 09, 2012 at 12:29 AM
CGrindahl
• • • • • •
p.2048 #6 · p.2048 #6 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

That's true Ray... but at heart that is exactly what this thread is all about. We post photos less to show off our skills as a photographer than to show off the capability of these fine lenses. I love the lens photos posted from time to time and am always excited to hear about individual's decisions about kit re-working. It is very hard to resist the Siren call when a beautiful lens is available for sale, especially so after one has been shown a few photos taken with such a lens. Your work with the 16 from your recent trip is doubtless affecting folks as well. Some might say your the devil's helper...

Nov 09, 2012 at 12:32 AM
MDoc9523
• • • • •
p.2048 #7 · p.2048 #7 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

CGrindahl wrote:
That's true Ray... but at heart that is exactly what this thread is all about. We post photos less to show off our skills as a photographer than to show off the capability of these fine lenses. I love the lens photos posted from time to time and am always excited to hear about individual's decisions about kit re-working. It is very hard to resist the Siren call when a beautiful lens is available for sale, especially so after one has been shown a few photos taken with such a lens. Your work with the 16 from your recent trip
...Show more

Maybe so but you are the Master. My 85mm 1.4 will be here next week

Nov 09, 2012 at 12:37 AM
montym
• • • •
p.2048 #8 · p.2048 #8 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

CGrindahl wrote:
Just about makes me cry... These lenses are NOT for collecting, they're for using.

100% agree!
I don't collect anything that I don't use! These great lenses are no exception!

btw: I love the photo you posted above. Great use of the 16mm

Speaking of the 16mm. Although I LOVE it, I seldom use it. I bought that stupid 85mm f/1.4 THe only lens that got me to take the 85mm off my camera was Nikki

Nov 09, 2012 at 12:37 AM
saph
• • • •
p.2048 #9 · p.2048 #9 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Oh stop Curtis. John's not the only one afflicted. Its pathetic that I have two normal manual Nikon lenses (55 1.2 and 50 2 HC), and another addition to that normal family on the way)!!

I need to spend less time looking at ebay ads. BTW, the funniest one (which I can't find now or I would post it here) advertised a lens with no fungus, no haze and no smells

Samy

CGrindahl wrote:

There is no doubt Samy, that on a full frame camera a fisheye lens demands a different way of looking at subjects. You are no longer simply taking photos of a subject, you're evaluating what lines within the frame you want to bend, whether horizontal or vertical. If that tickles your fancy, a fisheye lens can be fun. Here's a shot I posted before, on the other first I took with the 16 f/3.5 AI'd I bought from John. (He sold me one of his two after he'd bought another one... and now he's talking about a third... I do
...Show more

Nov 09, 2012 at 12:43 AM
montym
• • • •
p.2048 #10 · p.2048 #10 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

OK.
I took Nikki of the camera

Nov 09, 2012 at 12:52 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

montym
• • • •
p.2048 #11 · p.2048 #11 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

OK.
I took Nikki of the camera

Nancy, Rocky, Nikki and Curtis's phtoto

Nov 09, 2012 at 12:52 AM
asiostygius
• • • •
p.2048 #12 · p.2048 #12 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Thanks Monty, Mark (and happy birthday!), leighton, Ray amd Scott.

Philip, great news, congrats! If possible give us the link of your photo at flickr;

Scott, loved the fall colours with the 28/2;

Leighton, liked the stome + weeds;

Ray, stop posting these shots tempting me to buy the 16/3.5
Too high priced, though...

Nov 09, 2012 at 02:16 AM
asiostygius
• • • •
p.2048 #13 · p.2048 #13 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

This is for Leighton, a thick bark from savannah:

Savannah tree trunk with Nikkor 28mm f/2 AI by labecoaves, on Flickr

D3 + 28mm f/2 AI, hand held, ISO 200, f/8 at 1/800s.
Most bark in the Brazilian savannah is adapted to resist fire, but in the meantime fire is absent, the lichens thrive in abundance

Edited on Nov 09, 2012 at 02:22 AM · View previous versions

Nov 09, 2012 at 02:18 AM
saph
• • • •
p.2048 #14 · p.2048 #14 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

This is the Gingko Biloba leaf. The species is a living fossil, hanging around since the days the dinosaurs wandered around. Looked it up on wikipedia and its used in herbal concoctions to help memory. Maybe it will help me remember how many lenses I have now

With the 85 1.4 AIS + 1 X PK-13 tube. The tube was added just to get the leaf to fill the frame.

Samy

Nov 09, 2012 at 02:19 AM
montym
• • • •
p.2048 #15 · p.2048 #15 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Nancy's nephew Quinn is sleeping over tonight. When he stops over the first thing he heads for is the iPad

another Nikki

Nov 09, 2012 at 02:20 AM
montym
• • • •
p.2048 #16 · p.2048 #16 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

saph wrote:
This is the Gingko Biloba leaf. The species is a living fossil, hanging around since the days the dinosaurs wandered around. Looked it up on wikipedia and its used in herbal concoctions to help memory. Maybe it will help me remember how many lenses I have now

With the 85 1.4 AIS + 1 X PK-13 tube. The tube was added just to get the leaf to fill the frame.

Samy

Really nice! Very sharp!
I like how you have completely blurred the background!

Nov 09, 2012 at 02:21 AM
montym
• • • •
p.2048 #17 · p.2048 #17 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

My coffee mug, 28mm f/2.8, 16mm f/3.5, 85mm f/1.4 and hiding in the back row on the right is Margaret's AF 28mm f/1.8 I am holding the Margaret's lens until I get my 50mm back from her

Nov 09, 2012 at 02:27 AM
MDoc9523
• • • • •
p.2048 #18 · p.2048 #18 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

montym wrote:
My coffee mug, 28mm f/2.8, 16mm f/3.5, 85mm f/1.4 and hiding in the back row on the right is Margaret's AF 28mm f/1.8 I am holding the Margaret's lens until I get my 50mm back from her

The shot of your nephew is wonderful!
Love the lenses but it looks like your are missing some of your lenses?

Nov 09, 2012 at 02:50 AM
jhinkey
• • • • •
p.2048 #19 · p.2048 #19 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Who says you can't shoot a landscape at f/1.2 . . .

I've been doing a lot of programming lately and I find that my basement office is just too quiet, so I've been hanging out at a Tullys coffee store most days with my laptop. Decaf latte's and sandwiches power me through the day. On my way out to my car this evening I took the 50/1.2 out for a couple of quick shots. It was cold and blustery - winter is definitely here in the PNW.

Something about how the 50/1.2 renders wide open for such low contrast shots suits me.
Not my best, but it's the best I can do at the moment. It's actually quite sharp in the center 2/3rds of the frame.

An no Curtis, I'm not needing that 12 step program . . . . not yet anyways. I think two 16/3.5's are quite enough for now, especially at that price.

A Cold And Windy Alki Beach - f/1.2 Landscape

Nov 09, 2012 at 02:56 AM
mp356
• • • • •
p.2048 #20 · p.2048 #20 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Lieutenant Z wrote:
Another one with the hated lens :

Philippe, not bad work for a hated lens! Glad to hear you are considering other lenses. My NMFAS runs quite high at times, fueled by the likes of Curtis, Leighton, Ben, Ray, and others. It is fun!

Thanks for the comment on the fall foliage.
Scott

Nov 09, 2012 at 03:01 AM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password