2047              5884       5885       end

Manual Focus Nikon Glass

CGrindahl
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2046 #1 · p.2046 #1 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

MDoc9523 wrote:
Anyone looking for a Nikkor 16mm 3.5 here one on E-Bay
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nikon-16mm-f-3-5-Fisheye-Non-Ai-Nikkor-Amazing-Extreme-Wide-Angle-lens-NearMint-/360502948634?pt=Camera_Lenses&hash=item53efa6731a

Love to see those prices rising... Oops... there are still folks who don't own this lens.

Remember, everyone. These lenses will never be cheaper than they are right now. In the two plus years I've been building my kit I've seen prices only go one way... UP. So if you're fancy is tickled by a particular lens, this one or others, AND if you can scrape together a few dollars... go for it. The corollary is DON'T sell an MF lens unless you absolutely have to. Eventually, you'll live to regret it...

Nov 08, 2012 at 06:51 PM
CGrindahl
• • • • • •
p.2046 #2 · p.2046 #2 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

montym wrote:
My daughter used that lens on her D200. She likes it

Curtis ordered me to buy mine

I'm just taking care of my friends Monty... Of course, an an entry MF lens, this one is often supplanted by the 50 f/1.2 AI-s or 55 f/1.2 AI, but I don't want to scare newcomers to the thread with an honest explanation of what happens when Manual Focus Nikon Acquisition Syndrome kicks in... But that first 50 f/1.8 AI or AI-s is ALWAYS an excellent lens, whether on our camera or a family member's camera. Glad you're daughter is enjoying it. You can remind her that she is more than welcome to post her own photos. We won't hold it against her that you're her father...

Nov 08, 2012 at 06:55 PM
CGrindahl
• • • • • •
p.2046 #3 · p.2046 #3 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

raboof wrote:
I love them all Leighton.

I do as well. Loved the shot of main street as well. I really enjoy the photos you take while rambling about your home town. It is a very charming place.

Nov 08, 2012 at 07:02 PM
bruni
• • •
p.2046 #4 · p.2046 #4 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Lieutenant Z wrote:
The 50/1.8 Ben ordered me to buy!

yeah, right, and now you're showing me up with another sensational pic.

lets get serious - there's only one enabler here.

I'll give you a hint - he's the guy who's telling people, on this very page, that prices are rising so they should buy now......hmmm....(and never sell unless absolutely necessary).

ben

Nov 08, 2012 at 07:07 PM
leighton w
• • • • • •
p.2046 #5 · p.2046 #5 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

bruni wrote:

I'll give you a hint - he's the guy who's telling people, on this very page, that prices are rising so they should buy now......hmmm....(and never sell unless absolutely necessary).

ben

Shhhh...he may hear you.

Nov 08, 2012 at 07:09 PM
leighton w
• • • • • •
p.2046 #6 · p.2046 #6 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

CGrindahl wrote:
I do as well. Loved the shot of main street as well. I really enjoy the photos you take while rambling about your home town. It is a very charming place.

Thanks, I only have two more weeks I'll be able to do that on a regular basis.

Nov 08, 2012 at 07:11 PM
CGrindahl
• • • • • •
p.2046 #7 · p.2046 #7 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

leighton w wrote:
I forgot to wish you a happy Birthday Mark. Hope you had a great one!

Same here Mark! And I always delight in folks getting excited about their new lenses, especially so when it is a lens that is moving from one thread member to another. As Leighton said, the 55 f/2.8 AI-s is an excellent lens for many purposes. Yes, it is wonderful with tubes, but you can use it for portraits and for street shooting. What a perfect birthday gift to give yourself! Well done.

Nov 08, 2012 at 07:13 PM
CGrindahl
• • • • • •
p.2046 #8 · p.2046 #8 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

leighton w wrote:

Then you'll be hunkered down for winter, I expect... with the market shut down. But don't you head to town from time to time for shopping or other such excursions? How far from Staunton is your farm?

Nov 08, 2012 at 07:15 PM
CGrindahl
• • • • • •
p.2046 #9 · p.2046 #9 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

MDoc9523 wrote:
Beautiful colors Scott. Well done!!

http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/ufiles/66/734366.jpg

My sentiments exactly Scott. You've been posting some very nice work, even as you slowly expand your kit. Well done!

Nov 08, 2012 at 07:16 PM
leighton w
• • • • • •
p.2046 #10 · p.2046 #10 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

raboof wrote:
I love them all Leighton.

CGrindahl wrote:

leighton w wrote:

CGrindahl wrote:
Then you'll be hunkered down for winter, I expect... with the market shut down. But don't you head to town from time to time for shopping or other such excursions? How far from Staunton is your farm?

Oh yea, we still have a Winter customer list we serve every week. So we'll being heading in to town at least once a week. Staunton is 12 miles from us.

Nov 08, 2012 at 07:21 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Lieutenant Z
• • • •
p.2046 #11 · p.2046 #11 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

bruni wrote:

ben

I see who are talking about : the guy who was employed by Lehman Brothers in Califonia a few years ago....-)

Nov 08, 2012 at 07:24 PM
CGrindahl
• • • • • •
p.2046 #12 · p.2046 #12 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Lieutenant Z wrote:
Another one with the hated lens :

It honestly doesn't matter what lens you use Philippe because you have such an excellent eye for composition and detail, coupled with great skill in post processing. This is a very different look for you but is entrancing nonetheless. I wasn't much of a fan of the 50mm focal length until I picked up the 50 f/1.2 AI-s during my early days with MF lenses. I'd always leaned toward either the 85 or 28mm lenses. But both 50 and 105 found their way into my heart, enough so I now own three 50mm lenses, in addition to two 55mm lenses and four 105mm MF lenses. The 50 now fits how I look at a street scene better than a 35mm lens.

When you can pick up these lenses at affordable prices, it makes sense to take them for a spin. It appears the 50 will give you great service. I guess the 105 makes little sense if you have the Zeiss 100, but if you don't, you might want to play a bit with the 105 f/2.5 in one of its many iterations. Just imagine a Nikkor kit from 28 to 50 to 105 to 180, That's pretty sweet.

Keep the photos coming Philippe. You continue to make a significant contribution to this thread.

Nov 08, 2012 at 07:26 PM
Reagan
• • • •
p.2046 #13 · p.2046 #13 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

My 28 arrived today
Just a cold winter's day from my front porch
Only 64 today

Reagan

Reagan 2012

Reagan 2012

Nov 08, 2012 at 07:32 PM
MDoc9523
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2046 #14 · p.2046 #14 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Congrats Reagan. I am very happy for you. It's a great lens and i know how you have missed having it. Great colors and very sharp!

Nov 08, 2012 at 07:41 PM
Big Appa
• • •
p.2046 #15 · p.2046 #15 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Nice, Reagan, wonderful color. The 28's, at least the AI and AIs lenses, 2.8 and 3.5's, seem to have great color.
No ccd sensor needed there~

Ed

Nov 08, 2012 at 08:02 PM
Lieutenant Z
• • • •
p.2046 #16 · p.2046 #16 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Thanks Curtis and, well, because of Ben, I''m looking for a 20 & a 85 now.....

with the 50 :

Nov 08, 2012 at 08:11 PM
CGrindahl
• • • • • •
p.2046 #17 · p.2046 #17 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Lieutenant Z wrote:
Thanks Curtis and, well, because of Ben, I''m looking for a 20 & a 85 now.....

with the 50 :

Tantalizing shot Philippe.

Ben has inspired me as well. I certainly would not have begun exploring pre-AI lenses without his encouragement AND playful baiting. You've already had time with Nikki so you certainly are aware of how fine these much older lenses are. I don't know whether you're leaning toward the 20 f/3.5 UD AI'd or the more recent 20 f/2.8 AI-s, but my guess is you will have great fun with either. I brought the 20 f/2.8 AI-s to Turkey primarily because I expected to find myself in tight quarters where a wider lens would come in handy. Doubtless, the same is your experience since the center of most European cities have narrow streets that call for such lenses.

With regard to the 85, you've mentioned your Zeiss. Perhaps here you are looking for an older lens, perhaps a sister of Nikki. The H-C is difficult to come by especially with the AI conversion kit. I know because I looked for some time before picking up the earlier H version. That lens is a fine performer as well. Ben has been committed to buying the lenses rated most highly by Bjorn Rorslett, which is not a bad thing to be doing. But Nikon has made quite a few fine lenses that perform wonderfully despite not garnering high approval ratings. We see that happen on the thread all the time.

Of course, perhaps you'll opt for the 85 f/1.4 AI-s, which quite a few folks on the thread have been giving very high marks to. It certainly is among my favorite lenses. Regardless, I'm happy to see you expanding your Nikkor vision a bit. Happy shopping! I look forward to where this journey leads you.

Nov 08, 2012 at 08:49 PM
philipj
• • •
p.2046 #18 · p.2046 #18 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Matt OHarver wrote:
Use this site and adjust according to your needs and their budget. Link I would first ask them what their budget is. Then if they give you one you can use your own thoughts and this as a guideline to see if it's all in line.

Matt

Just a brief update, as this went down pretty quick. One of my photos of a local hospital is getting used in a 2 page spread in a supplement to the Nov. issue of a canadian HR magazine, the HR Reporter. The project's budget was nowhere near what the website above suggested I be compensated for such a prominent use of my photo, but I guess because it was out of the blue and I was flattered by the person contacting me in such a manner, I decided to go for it. For future requests I'll play hardball, because I know that making a living at this profession is already hard enough, no one needs a hobbyists like me bringing down their fees!

Still, pretty excited to see my work in print!

Nov 08, 2012 at 09:23 PM
raboof
• • • •
p.2046 #19 · p.2046 #19 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Philip, that's exciting news!

Nov 08, 2012 at 09:27 PM
Mishu01
• • • •
p.2046 #20 · p.2046 #20 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

philipj wrote:
Just a brief update, as this went down pretty quick. One of my photos of a local hospital is getting used in a 2 page spread in a supplement to the Nov. issue of a canadian HR magazine, the HR Reporter. The project's budget was nowhere near what the website above suggested I be compensated for such a prominent use of my photo, but I guess because it was out of the blue and I was flattered by the person contacting me in such a manner, I decided to go for it. For future requests I'll play hardball, because I
...Show more

Man, that's great! Congrats!

Just curious... where they found your picture?

Nov 08, 2012 at 09:31 PM
1       2       3              2045      

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              2045      

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password