Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

  New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist
  

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              2044      
2045
       2046              4039       4040       end
  

Manual Focus Nikon Glass
  
 
leighton w
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2045 #1 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


Georg, I love the composition, not to mention the post work with this one.





Matt, I'm glad you were able to have the time to go out. This shot definitely needs to be on the wall, well done.





Eric, Congrats on the getting Ray's 28. Looking forward to your work with it.

Tony, I'll second Matt's comment on this one.





Rolf, Very nice set, I really like the last one.



Oct 12, 2012 at 09:59 AM
leighton w
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2045 #2 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass



montym wrote:
WOW
At first I thought this was your personal collection!

Oosty wrote:
No Monty, his name is Leighton. Rafael's collection looks like that


My collection fits in my bag!

This is maybe a tenth of the whole collection at the museum.



Oct 12, 2012 at 10:08 AM
saph
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2045 #3 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


Went and looked at the the museum website, this is right in town for Leighton.

Leighton, you have to post 100% D600 crops of each antique from the museum

j/k it must be neat to walk in there just for inspiration. Neat black and white historic photos on the website.

Samy

leighton w wrote:
My collection fits in my bag!

This is maybe a tenth of the whole collection at the museum.




Oct 12, 2012 at 11:03 AM
leighton w
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2045 #4 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


montym wrote:
WOW
At first I thought this was your personal collection!

Oosty wrote:
No Monty, his name is Leighton. Rafael's collection looks like that

leighton w wrote:
My collection fits in my bag!

This is maybe a tenth of the whole collection at the museum.

saph wrote:
Went and looked at the the museum website, this is right in town for Leighton.

Leighton, you have to post 100% D600 crops of each antique from the museum

j/k it must be neat to walk in there just for inspiration. Neat black and white historic photos on the website.

Samy

If you're a gear head (like me), it's a great place to spend some time. What's really cool is that the owner/curator let's you hold anything you like.



Oct 12, 2012 at 11:13 AM
georgms
Online
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2045 #5 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


Matt OHarver wrote:
Tony that last one is stunning! Beautiful is not a strong enough word to describe it!

Matt


+1 excellent and very inspiring work! Thanks for sharing!



Oct 12, 2012 at 11:29 AM
bruni
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2045 #6 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


storm here today. stuck inside. was a good chance to catch up with the thread. Love the Brenizer panos and all the D600 shots. And Georg's B&Ws and Phillippe's car shots.

I played with the 35mm f1.4 and 55mm f2.8 and waited for the rain to stop. Took shots of my coffee cup, the phone, the sofa and the flowers. I'll spare you the coffee cup and phone

Ben


friday by benmorgan28, on Flickr


storm by benmorgan28, on Flickr


nikon 55mm f2.8 by benmorgan28, on Flickr



Oct 12, 2012 at 11:34 AM
georgms
Online
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2045 #7 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


Rolf, it's good to see that the 135/2-D800-combo performs so well in your hands! A beautiful set.

Matt, what a great set! Hard to pick a favorite - I think the "sour face" is the most memorable picture
Btw: hat's off to your focusing skills!

Ben, I like your takes on the roses a lot: great use of the shallow DoF and very natural looking, muted colors.



Matt and Monty, Jose, Peter, Leighton and Ben - thanks for your kind comments on the "high-contrast-series".
I'm looking for quite a while for subjects that work in creamy tones but can't find these...



Oct 12, 2012 at 11:47 AM
MarkdV
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2045 #8 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


Georg, Matt, Tony, Ben - all great works in the last couple of pages. It's absolutely miserable here between the weather and both myself and my son having stinking colds. Nice to have some inspiration for when things are a bit better.


Oct 12, 2012 at 12:01 PM
leighton w
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2045 #9 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


Ben, excellent set, which lens on the first one?


Oct 12, 2012 at 12:04 PM
leighton w
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2045 #10 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


The first one will lead you to the second one.







ribbon of light

  NIKON D600    0.0 mm f/0.0 lens    28mm    f/5.6    1/500s    400 ISO    0.0 EV  







check your baggage here

  NIKON D600    0.0 mm f/0.0 lens    28mm    f/5.6    1/750s    400 ISO    0.0 EV  




Oct 12, 2012 at 12:15 PM
 

Search in Used Dept. 



MarkdV
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2045 #11 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


As mentioned, not much happening here - the whole week has been rain followed by rain followed by lots of rain. Pity as it's not yet cold enough for this to be turning into snow on our local mountains, probably they're having more luck further south where the peaks are higher but we've only got some 2,200 to 2,500m mountains locally and the temperature is still above the magic 4 degrees (just).

I did have a great wet weather project lined up but the wife reminded me of another project that was more time critical, sadly not photography related.

But I still managed to take 2 photos with the 105mm wide open. For all you Chili fans out there.









Before [Papa Chili, Mama Chili and baby 'blow your socks off' chilli]







After




Oct 12, 2012 at 12:52 PM
montym
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2045 #12 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


MarkdV wrote:
As mentioned, not much happening here - the whole week has been rain followed by rain followed by lots of rain. Pity as it's not yet cold enough for this to be turning into snow on our local mountains, probably they're having more luck further south where the peaks are higher but we've only got some 2,200 to 2,500m mountains locally and the temperature is still above the magic 4 degrees (just).

I did have a great wet weather project lined up but the wife reminded me of another project that was more time critical, sadly not photography related.

But I still
...Show more


"After" looks DELICIOUS
The photograph ain't bad either



Oct 12, 2012 at 01:00 PM
saph
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2045 #13 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


Just adding on to Leighton's compliments on these. Matt, great family pic! Georg, Tony, and Rolf, very nice work indeed!

Samy

leighton w wrote:
Georg, I love the composition, not to mention the post work with this one.

Matt, I'm glad you were able to have the time to go out. This shot definitely needs to be on the wall, well done.

Eric, Congrats on the getting Ray's 28. Looking forward to your work with it.

Tony, I'll second Matt's comment on this one.

Rolf, Very nice set, I really like the last one.




Oct 12, 2012 at 03:08 PM
saph
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2045 #14 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


Ben, the 55 2.8 ones are particularly outstanding.

bruni wrote:
storm here today. stuck inside. was a good chance to catch up with the thread. Love the Brenizer panos and all the D600 shots. And Georg's B&Ws and Phillippe's car shots.

I played with the 35mm f1.4 and 55mm f2.8 and waited for the rain to stop. Took shots of my coffee cup, the phone, the sofa and the flowers. I'll spare you the coffee cup and phone

Ben




Oct 12, 2012 at 03:08 PM
saph
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2045 #15 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


Leighton, very nice train line shot! Mark, those chillies look fiery and delicious.

I managed to pry out the crazy glue that had the 180 2.8 stuck to the mount the last couple weeks, and put on the 105 2.5 AI Waiting for the battery to recharge to download and check the results.

I think I caught a green heron briefly this morning, hope that image comes through. Those are skittish and they are also small so they can disappear around rocks and branches very quickly. Lot easier to get good poses for the GBH and egrets.

Samy



Oct 12, 2012 at 03:16 PM
CGrindahl
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2045 #16 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


Sue and I arrived without incidence early on Thursday to the heat my friends from Florida had warned me about... I'm told the warm weather is over but mid-80's with high humidity still feels oppressive after mid-60's and essentially no humidity. But I grew up in Minnesota where temperatures in July and August were in the nineties and humidity was not far behind. I know I can handle six days. I won't be posting any photos but I'll try to do a bit of catching up. What I've seen is rather breathtaking. Keep up the good work folks. Hopefully when Ray, Reagan and I get together next Monday I can do some shooting worthy of sharing. At the moment I'm limited to photos of family...


Oct 12, 2012 at 03:24 PM
leighton w
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2045 #17 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


CGrindahl wrote:
Sue and I arrived without incidence early on Thursday to the heat my friends from Florida had warned me about... I'm told the warm weather is over but mid-80's with high humidity still feels oppressive after mid-60's and essentially no humidity. But I grew up in Minnesota where temperatures in July and August were in the nineties and humidity was not far behind. I know I can handle six days. I won't be posting any photos but I'll try to do a bit of catching up. What I've seen is rather breathtaking. Keep up the good work folks. Hopefully when
...Show more

Glad you made it without incident. I'm assuming Sue did well too? Wish I was there next Monday, you better keep an eye on Reagan.



Oct 12, 2012 at 03:44 PM
montym
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2045 #18 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


CGrindahl wrote:
Sue and I arrived without incidence early on Thursday to the heat my friends from Florida had warned me about... I'm told the warm weather is over but mid-80's with high humidity still feels oppressive after mid-60's and essentially no humidity. But I grew up in Minnesota where temperatures in July and August were in the nineties and humidity was not far behind. I know I can handle six days. I won't be posting any photos but I'll try to do a bit of catching up. What I've seen is rather breathtaking. Keep up the good work folks. Hopefully when
...Show more

Curtis, you can even make family pictures look good



Oct 12, 2012 at 03:46 PM
Oosty
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2045 #19 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


Leighton - is that where you're going to meet Curtis? Lovely images with the new kit.

Ben - the roses are very creamy, excellent!

Mark - the chillies look good. I didn't comment about the rugby as I was still smarting at the way we waste opportunities against the All Blacks



Oct 12, 2012 at 03:47 PM
leighton w
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2045 #20 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


Oosty wrote:
Leighton - is that where you're going to meet Curtis? Lovely images with the new kit.



Thanks! Yea, all he has to do is get on the train.



Oct 12, 2012 at 04:01 PM
1       2       3              2044      
2045
       2046              4039       4040       end




FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              2044      
2045
       2046              4039       4040       end
    
 

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password