Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              2036      
       2038              3822       3823       end

Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Paul Gabel
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2037 #1 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

That is a cute little Renault quatre, Philippe!

Oct 10, 2012 at 05:30 PM
montym
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2037 #2 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

DigMeTX wrote:
My friend is letting me borrow this non-AI 16mm fisheye until she gets around to putting it up on Ebay. I took this picture this weekend with it at Fossil Rim Wildlife Center outside of Glenrose, TX:

http://bradcookphoto.smugmug.com/Other/Fossil-Rim-Wildlife-Center/i-vQfc6vZ/0/X2/DSC3332-X2.jpg

brad

Very Scary!

Oct 10, 2012 at 05:31 PM
philipj
• • •
p.2037 #3 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

CGrindahl wrote:
Three votes for the bottom shot being the f/1.4. The background would be challenging for any fast lens and both of these lenses handled it quite well. I see a touch more smoothness in the second shot but you could blow us all away as say that is the K lens. What fun!

Not to join the bandwagon, but I think the bottom shot is the f/1.4 too. My reasoning is that the 2nd shot seems a bit sharper, which I'd gather gives a nod to the faster glass stopped down more.

Oct 10, 2012 at 06:11 PM
DigMeTX
• • •
p.2037 #4 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

montym wrote:

Very Scary!

It was awesome!

My 3 year old loved it!

brad

Oct 10, 2012 at 06:16 PM
Mishu01
• • • •
p.2037 #5 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

asiostygius wrote:
Mihai, nice sunsets/sunrises, liked the most the second one.
Is it a plane in the first shot?

Thanks Jose! Yes, it is a plane. Like this one:

this is the night version, of course with the same lens 55/1.2

CGrindahl wrote:
Sweet set Mihai. Your work with the 55 f/1.2 is impeccable. What a surprise this lens has been for me.

Thank you Sir! I remember in the beginning you was a bit reluctant regarding this lens... But honestly I like it more than my newer 50/1.2... It calls my name... I was in a three days trip last weekend... I had with me three nice AF lenses and this only MF Nikkor. 50% from the pictures I got with 55/1.2... and this says a lot.

leighton w wrote:
Mihai - I really like the landscape's with the 55.

Thanks Leighton!

Lieutenant Z wrote:
28 2.8 ais :

Great capture Philippe! Good to see the grandpa of our Dacia

philipj wrote:
Not to join the bandwagon, but I think the bottom shot is the f/1.4 too. My reasoning is that the 2nd shot seems a bit sharper, which I'd gather gives a nod to the faster glass stopped down more.

+1!

Oct 10, 2012 at 06:24 PM
Oosty
• • • •
p.2037 #6 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Lieutenant Z wrote:
28 2.8 ais :

Phillippe,

My Mom had one of these from about 1950 or so -- stretching my memory now - and she used to go all over the greater Johannesburg area in it. We lived 25 miles (40 km) from Joburg but the old Renault 4CV was up to it all. What a wonderful reminder of my childhood.

Peter

Edited on Oct 10, 2012 at 06:39 PM · View previous versions

Oct 10, 2012 at 06:34 PM
CGrindahl
• • • • • •
p.2037 #7 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

We're all really very smart or we're all about to fall on our face... Everyone with an opinion thus far says the second shot was with the f/1.4. Please, Jose, let us know by 5 p.m. Pacific time because I leave for my trip at 5:30...

Oct 10, 2012 at 06:35 PM
CGrindahl
• • • • • •
p.2037 #8 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

I love that car shows exist EVERYWHERE. I even see a big old American car in the background Philippe. Lovely shot, very much in the moment. The 28mm makes a wonderful walk around lens, regardless of version used.

Oct 10, 2012 at 06:37 PM
leighton w
• • • • •
p.2037 #9 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

CGrindahl wrote:
We're all really very smart or we're all about to fall on our face... Everyone with an opinion thus far says the second shot was with the f/1.4. Please, Jose, let us know by 5 p.m. Pacific time because I leave for my trip at 5:30...

Second one for sure, look at the detail rendered in the tree bark.

Oct 10, 2012 at 07:20 PM
Lieutenant Z
• • • •
p.2037 #10 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Thanks Paul, Mihai, Peter, Curtis.

Peter : a 4 CV in SA, I can't believe it! I tought that car had been exported only in Monaco and Lichtenstein.....

NIKON D700    28mm    f/8.0    1/100s    360 ISO    0.0 EV  

Oct 10, 2012 at 07:32 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

georgms
• • • •
p.2037 #11 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

asiostygius wrote:
I made a casual bokeh comparison (at f/2) between the 85mm f/1.4 ais and "Nikki's daughter" (85mm f/1.8 K ai'd) . No "scientific test" here.
The subject was an epiphyte (Dendrobium sp) on an old tree here at my university campus.

I am wondering if you guys can guess which is the mighty 85/1.4 ais and which is the old 85/1.8K.

Both lenses are similarly very sharp and a joy to use, but bokeh is slightly distinct.

Tonight I will tell you guys which is which

Jose, I didn't have to look at the second picture to know that shot #1 belongs to "Nikki's daughter" :-)
A more scientific question: is the "cats-eye"-rendering of the outer highlights "Coma" or just some weird kind of vignetting?
I have the AF-S 85/1.8 with a pretty large frontlens and it renders all out-of-focus highlights more like the 1.4/85's.

Oct 10, 2012 at 07:34 PM
leighton w
• • • • •
p.2037 #12 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

One from today. Just a little sample of 2500 ISO with the D600. Reagan asked if I'd used the 28-50mm f3.5 yet. This was with that zoom, I'm fairly happy with it.

NIKON D600    0.0 mm f/0.0 lens    28mm    f/5.6    1/90s    2500 ISO    0.0 EV  

Oct 10, 2012 at 07:51 PM
leighton w
• • • • •
p.2037 #13 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

One more at 2500 IS0 and the 28-50mm. No noise reduction used as well.

NIKON D600    0.0 mm f/0.0 lens    28mm    f/5.6    1/60s    2500 ISO    0.0 EV  

Oct 10, 2012 at 09:23 PM
rankamateur
• • •
p.2037 #14 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

So where are all the website builders when you need one?
www.nikonmanualfocus.com now belongs to yours truly! Should be interesting what can be done with it.
Any ideas appreciated!

Oct 10, 2012 at 10:29 PM
CGrindahl
• • • • • •
p.2037 #15 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Looks like a charming town Leighton. Very nice late afternoon shot. Good luck with your E-Bay listing. I guess the D600 has found a home with you. That is great!

A couple hours from blast off time here. I'm taking five lenses, the 180 with TC-201, 85 f/1.4 AI-s, 55 f/1.2 S-C AI'd, 35 f/1.4 AI-s and 24 f/2.8 AI-s. A 105 would have been nice but I opted for the Mini-Trekker which is well filled with five lenses. Hopefully, when Ray and Reagan stop by we can do some serious shooting. I don't expect to be doing a great deal with the camera, though Sue wants me to shoot the family brunch on Saturday. I figure the 85 will hold me in good stead for that kind of shooting. Wish me well everyone. I don't expect to return with a great many killer photos but perhaps with a sun tan... Which I DON'T need...

Oct 10, 2012 at 10:30 PM
CGrindahl
• • • • • •
p.2037 #16 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

rankamateur wrote:
So where are all the website builders when you need one?
www.nikonmanualfocus.com now belongs to yours truly! Should be interesting what can be done with it.
Any ideas appreciated!

I'm impressed Ron!

Perhaps that is the location to place our lens reviews, though you or someone would surely need to do the heavy lifting of creating a format that permits that to happen. Maybe Monty has some ideas since he's already created his own website. The one I created some years ago was beautiful to look at but impossible to upgrade without practically reinventing the whole thing. Needless to say I wasn't using a cookie cutter program not Cascading Style Sheets, which is all way beyond my pay grade. I'll be curious to hear what others have to say on this subject.

Oct 10, 2012 at 10:34 PM
montym
• • • •
p.2037 #17 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

CGrindahl wrote:
I'm impressed Ron!

Perhaps that is the location to place our lens reviews, though you or someone would surely need to do the heavy lifting of creating a format that permits that to happen. Maybe Monty has some ideas since he's already created his own website. The one I created some years ago was beautiful to look at but impossible to upgrade without practically reinventing the whole thing. Needless to say I wasn't using a cookie cutter program not Cascading Style Sheets, which is all way beyond my pay grade. I'll be curious to hear what others have to say on
...Show more

Huh Did someone mention my name

Oct 10, 2012 at 10:46 PM
montym
• • • •
p.2037 #18 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

montym wrote:
Huh Did someone mention my name

I used squarespace for my website. I'm not sure what we are looking for.
I created a free temperary site. The url is:
http://monty-montgomery-tq8s.squarespace.com

username:monty@montysphotos.com
password: manualfocus

You are free to click around and configure it. You can make it look like what you want. I think we have 10 days for the trail.

go for it

Monty

Oct 10, 2012 at 10:54 PM
leighton w
• • • • •
p.2037 #19 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

CGrindahl wrote:
Looks like a charming town Leighton. Very nice late afternoon shot. Good luck with your E-Bay listing. I guess the D600 has found a home with you. That is great!

A couple hours from blast off time here. I'm taking five lenses, the 180 with TC-201, 85 f/1.4 AI-s, 55 f/1.2 S-C AI'd, 35 f/1.4 AI-s and 24 f/2.8 AI-s. A 105 would have been nice but I opted for the Mini-Trekker which is well filled with five lenses. Hopefully, when Ray and Reagan stop by we can do some serious shooting. I don't expect to be doing a great deal
...Show more

Yes the D600 has found a home with me.

Have a great trip and say hello to Ray and Reagan for me. I pray that Sue will handle the flying well. see you when you get back.

Oct 10, 2012 at 10:56 PM
saph
• • • •
p.2037 #20 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

The days (or years) since I created web pages have long gone and I haven't kept up with the new technologies. There's got to be open source templates and tools online to do this. Will ask around unless some folks here have the expertise already.

Samy

CGrindahl wrote:
I'm impressed Ron!

Perhaps that is the location to place our lens reviews, though you or someone would surely need to do the heavy lifting of creating a format that permits that to happen. Maybe Monty has some ideas since he's already created his own website. The one I created some years ago was beautiful to look at but impossible to upgrade without practically reinventing the whole thing. Needless to say I wasn't using a cookie cutter program not Cascading Style Sheets, which is all way beyond my pay grade. I'll be curious to hear what others have to say on
...Show more

Oct 10, 2012 at 10:58 PM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password