Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              2030      
       2032              4076       4077       end

Manual Focus Nikon Glass

MDoc9523
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2031 #1 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Curtis if speed kills you are a goner
Our house in Ohio closes this Friday and I have allocated $2000 for photo equipment. The only lens I am sure I will add is the 85mm 1.4 AIS I have interest in several others and am trying to figure out which ones will be best for my kit.

Oct 09, 2012 at 05:55 PM
CGrindahl
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2031 #2 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

MDoc9523 wrote:
Our house in Ohio closes this Friday and I have allocated $2000 for photo equipment. The only lens I am sure I will add is the 85mm 1.4 AIS I have interest in several others and am trying to figure out which ones will be best for my kit.

Ray, I'm bringing the 85 f/1.4 AI-s with me specifically so you can shoot with it when we get together next Monday. There are thunder showers in the forecast but we should be able to work around that. Should I bring the 28 f/2 AI-s as well? I can bring either the 28 or the 35 f/1.4 AI-s. Either is fine with me.

Oct 09, 2012 at 06:04 PM
montym
• • • •
p.2031 #3 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Lieutenant Z wrote:
A proud dog....

Absolutely love it!!!!

Oct 09, 2012 at 06:07 PM
jon.oman
• •
p.2031 #4 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

saph wrote:
Jon, the alligator and the ibis are neat. The turtle needs to wake up and smell the coffee before it gets eaten up

Thanks! They do eat them.....

Oct 09, 2012 at 06:18 PM
leighton w
• • • • •
p.2031 #5 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

georgms wrote:
I could be wrong, but if my NMFAS-detector is properly calibrated I've discovered that Leighton seems to have some interest in spending money on 28/2
Here are two close-ups I took today in the garden:

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8321/8068195337_4c02d89891_o.jpg
old apple tree - 28/2 Ai wide-open, no cropping, processed straight without adding "structures" or "clarity"

While showing less drama than the 35/1.4 (or the 24/2) the 28/2's bokeh isn't completely creamy.
A busy background with many small highlights will provoke the kind of bokeh shown above.
I love my 28/2's

MDoc9523 wrote:
Very nice Georg. I am considering the 28mm 2.0

How could you tell? I'll let Ray go first.

Oct 09, 2012 at 06:28 PM
leighton w
• • • • •
p.2031 #6 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Well, you loose your internet for a day and a half and when you come home, there's 7 pages added!

The nice thing is, after the tech left, my internet speed was tripled!

There's way too many great images to comment on, I love them all!

Welcome to the new guys.

Oct 09, 2012 at 06:32 PM
MDoc9523
• • • •
p.2031 #7 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

CGrindahl wrote:
Ray, I'm bringing the 85 f/1.4 AI-s with me specifically so you can shoot with it when we get together next Monday. There are thunder showers in the forecast but we should be able to work around that. Should I bring the 28 f/2 AI-s as well? I can bring either the 28 or the 35 f/1.4 AI-s. Either is fine with me.

Curtis I would most like to try the 35mm 1.4 After the great work I have seen here and the fact that I love that focal length it would be a treat to use it, thank you and I am looking forward to meeting you

Oct 09, 2012 at 06:33 PM
MarkdV
• • •
p.2031 #8 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

It just doesn't pay to take too long off this thread.

I can't possibly comment on all the amazing pics that have gone up recently, it's been a profitable weekends shooting it seems.

A select few that really caught the eye:
Monty - Love the loading bay and girl with the burger at the Oshkosh Oktoberfest
Dylan - the lady with the H&M bag, fab.
Philippe - great pics of your daughters silhouettes and the girl swimming.
Kevin and Rolf - love the petal on wood and leaf on stone
Georg & Chuong - two different tunnel pics, but both amazing
Curtis - brilliant one of the boy watching the fleet weekend
Leighton - Red light district is really moody.
Mihai - Really nice series of the Danube
Ed - Trains and the D200, excellent

And all the rest that are fab!

Oct 09, 2012 at 06:51 PM
leighton w
• • • • •
p.2031 #9 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

MarkdV wrote:
It just doesn't pay to take too long off this thread.

I can't possibly comment on all the amazing pics that have gone up recently, it's been a profitable weekends shooting it seems.

A select few that really caught the eye:
Monty - Love the loading bay and girl with the burger at the Oshkosh Oktoberfest
Dylan - the lady with the H&M bag, fab.
Philippe - great pics of your daughters silhouettes and the girl swimming.
Kevin and Rolf - love the petal on wood and leaf on stone
Georg & Chuong - two different tunnel pics, but both amazing
Curtis - brilliant one of the boy
...Show more

Thanks Mark. I have found that when you're gone for a while then it'e best not to even try.

Oct 09, 2012 at 06:53 PM
leighton w
• • • • •
p.2031 #10 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

MDoc9523 wrote:
Curtis I would most like to try the 35mm 1.4 After the great work I have seen here and the fact that I love that focal length it would be a treat to use it, thank you and I am looking forward to meeting you

Ray, you and Curtis take a road trip and come north. If you take turns driving and don't stop, it'll only take you around 20 hours.

Oct 09, 2012 at 06:55 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

DTOB
• • •
p.2031 #11 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Phillipe, that dog in the bag shot is super! Not that I'm a sharpness junkie, but it is soooo sharp!

Mark, thanks! That's my wife, she'd be happy to hear your comment, if I dared tell her that I've been posting photos of here in here.

Oct 09, 2012 at 07:05 PM
DTOB
• • •
p.2031 #12 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

leighton w wrote:
Ray, you and Curtis take a road trip and come north. If you take turns driving and don't stop, it'll only take you around 20 hours.

20 hours is not so much. If I was only 20 hours away, I'd give serious thought to hopping in the car.

Oct 09, 2012 at 07:06 PM
MDoc9523
• • • •
p.2031 #13 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

leighton w wrote:

Leighton that's sounds like a fun trip, but on the 21st Melody and I are going on vacation to Gatlinburg , then back home through Charleston and Savanah. So I have to save my pesos

Oct 09, 2012 at 07:08 PM
asiostygius
• • • •
p.2031 #14 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Lieutenant Z wrote:
A proud dog....

Philippe, loved the dog shot!

Oct 09, 2012 at 07:14 PM
leighton w
• • • • •
p.2031 #15 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Felt the need to throw an image on. taken with the 105mm f2.5.

NIKON D600    0.0 mm f/0.0 lens    105mm    f/2.5    1/250s    500 ISO    0.0 EV  

Oct 09, 2012 at 07:14 PM
Reagan
• • • •
p.2031 #16 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

vpik01 wrote:
Thanks Curtis, Philip, Jimmy and Samy for the thoughts/confirmation on the 180/2.8 prices! I've located a couple in the $300 range now, all in that range seem to be optically very clean with some cosmetic issues. That $210 on C-list looks like its pretty good, just needs to be cleaned up a bit... I'm so leary of C-list from my one and only experience buying there (4 years ago).

Anyone have experience with the 'ebay buyer protection', given that this seller has no return policy? Reposting the link Curtis found -
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nikon-Nikkor-180mm-F-2-8-Ai-S-ED-Lens-manual-focus-/190736496658?pt=Camera_Lenses&hash=item2c68c7f812&afsrc=1

Jimmy - just because I'm 'sold' on the lens doesn't
...Show more

Tony, the 200/f4 will not satisfy you I have tried both I thought the 180 was too heavy so I bought the 200
It was ok and sharp but left you wanting for the 180.The AF 180 and Ais weigh about the same

Reagan

Oct 09, 2012 at 07:16 PM
Mishu01
• • • •
p.2031 #17 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Mark, Samy, Jose, Art, Peter: Thanks for commenting on my pictures. You're very kind!

Tony D - nice shots from the winery! Love the B&W conversions.

Philippe, funny picture of the dog. Well done, sir!

Kevin, nice set of images. The last one of your daughter is very special!

Dylan, again a great set as always! Very strange name for a man: Dana. That's a very usual name for a girl over here...

Philip, interesting shot of your wife. Forgive my ignorance: what's the "Brenizer method"?

Georg, I love the barn-door. Very strong image and good conversion as well!

Some more work with 55/1.2 AI - one of my favourite lenses.

Oct 09, 2012 at 07:18 PM
Reagan
• • • •
p.2031 #18 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Very nice Leighton It seems the D7000 is now gathering dust
Have you used the 28-50 on the D600 I would like to see some photos with that Landscape and your regular stuff
Maybe you have already and I just missed them

Reagan

Oct 09, 2012 at 07:20 PM
Mishu01
• • • •
p.2031 #19 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

leighton w wrote:
Felt the need to throw an image on. taken with the 105mm f2.5.

It seems this lens sings on your new D600, ehh...

Oct 09, 2012 at 07:20 PM
leighton w
• • • • •
p.2031 #20 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

MDoc9523 wrote:

CGrindahl wrote:

MDoc9523 wrote:

leighton w wrote:

MDoc9523 wrote:
Leighton that's sounds like a fun trip, but on the 21st Melody and I are going on vacation to Gatlinburg , then back home through Charleston and Savanah. So I have to save my pesos

Have a wonderful trip, That's a beautiful place.

Oct 09, 2012 at 07:24 PM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password