1       2       3              2021      
       2023              5885       5886       end

Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Rinie Hoff
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2022 #1 · p.2022 #1 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

georgms wrote:
Rinie, fantastic colors! How do you like your newest 85 so far?

Thanks Georg!
I still can't say anything really funded. I have hardly touched the 1.4, and seen, but not evaluated the photo's from the 1.8. I had a hard time focussing in that weekend, but that had more to do with my eyesight (a bit tired) than with with the lens(es).
I love the feel of the 1.8 even though it's a pretty heavy lens, and so is the 1.4. Both are in excellent condition, which is nice.

Nov 04, 2012 at 11:26 AM
leighton w
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2022 #2 · p.2022 #2 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Kevin - Excellent work at the macros.

Ed - Lovely set, I love the last one. It seems the colors didn't last very long around here this year, but there may be a few more shots available.

Mark - Now that looked like a wonderful event. Is it a one time event or a regular one?

Ben - As part of the threads "police squad", I'll have to issue you a warning about going over the pic limit! No really, very nice series, but there's something about the last one that's VERY appealing.

Nov 04, 2012 at 11:27 AM
leighton w
• • • • • •
p.2022 #3 · p.2022 #3 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

montym wrote:
Yet another from gallery walk. I was kneeling and talking pictures of the chair. I liked the backlighting. I saw a couple kids walking up. I asked the little girl if she wanted to be in a picture. She was more than happy to play along and even thanked me...

Monty

This is one of your best and worthy of another look. I like everything about it. Nikki seems to suit you.

Nov 04, 2012 at 11:29 AM
Rinie Hoff
• • •
p.2022 #4 · p.2022 #4 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

jhinkey wrote:
Meet the two newest members of the family as of this past Wednesday night.

Cleo (as in Cleopatra) and Sasquatch (not our name). Both gotten from the local Seattle pet shelter. Our previous cats (also shelter animals) passed away this year and last after long happy lives in our house. It was time to adopt new ones.

Cleo was found wandering around some restaurant up on Capital Hill here in Seattle and is about 1 year old. Very playful and energetic - tough to get an image of her at f/1.2 as she's seldom still for more than a millisecond.

Sas was given
...Show more

I love your cat portraits, John (as I loved the photo's from Hawaii and Halloween. And I think it's great when people get their animals from the shelter. If I had room for more and a big garden, I would have way more cats than the two I have now.

Nov 04, 2012 at 11:32 AM
leighton w
• • • • • •
p.2022 #5 · p.2022 #5 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

jhinkey wrote:

Cleo (as in Cleopatra) and Sasquatch (not our name). Both gotten from the local Seattle pet shelter. Our previous cats (also shelter animals) passed away this year and last after long happy lives in our house. It was time to adopt new ones.

Cleo was found wandering around some restaurant up on Capital Hill here in Seattle and is about 1 year old. Very playful and energetic - tough to get an image of her at f/1.2 as she's seldom still for more than a millisecond.

Sas was given
...Show more
Rinie Hoff wrote:
I love your cat portraits, John (as I loved the photo's from Hawaii and Halloween. And I think it's great when people get their animals from the shelter. If I had room for more and a big garden, I would have way more cats than the two I have now.

Just rent the barge in front of your house!

Nov 04, 2012 at 11:34 AM
Rinie Hoff
• • •
p.2022 #6 · p.2022 #6 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Thanks very much, Ray, Nancy, Jose and Bert.
Bert, I might just do that. Give them a print.

Nov 04, 2012 at 11:35 AM
MarkdV
• • •
p.2022 #7 · p.2022 #7 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

leighton w wrote:
Mark - Now that looked like a wonderful event. Is it a one time event or a regular one?

It's an annual event every 1st Nov.

Ben - As part of the threads "police squad", I'll have to issue you a warning about going over the pic limit! No really, very nice series, but there's something about the last one that's VERY appealing.

Agrees 100%, great to see the 2 side-by-side. I think the 2.8 is nicer, but much of that is the colour which could be filter related. Even so the last pic is superb.

Nov 04, 2012 at 11:37 AM
Rinie Hoff
• • •
p.2022 #8 · p.2022 #8 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

leighton w wrote:
Just rent the barge in front of your house!

It is already taken, but thanks for the suggestion....
I have to go now, see you back later.

Love that reflection shot from the market, BTW

Nov 04, 2012 at 11:39 AM
NightOwl Cat
• • • • •
p.2022 #9 · p.2022 #9 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Heh heh, they say the devil is in the details...

montym wrote:

You are studying the photos too closely. That is one Facebook page I am not going anywhere near

Nov 04, 2012 at 11:53 AM
NightOwl Cat
• • • • •
p.2022 #10 · p.2022 #10 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

We'll have Monty's pumpkin to keep us entertained over the winter Nice!

jhinkey wrote:
I noticed a lack of Halloween images, so here you go. All from the 50/1.2 AIS wide open at high ISO on the D800. Turned all NR off (way too smeary) and cranked up the sharpening in NX2 to USM 80,8,4 and then a simple downsize.

John

Nov 04, 2012 at 11:56 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

NightOwl Cat
• • • • •
p.2022 #11 · p.2022 #11 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Love 'em both, John. Before I saw the caption for Sas, that was my exact feeling, funny to see it below too Shelter pets are the best!

jhinkey wrote:

Sas was given
...Show more

Nov 04, 2012 at 11:59 AM
NightOwl Cat
• • • • •
p.2022 #12 · p.2022 #12 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Love the trail/track shot, Ed! Bravo!

Big Appa wrote:
We almost adopted a little fellow who looked a lot like Sas. But Phoebe came along, and we wanted only one kitty. Getting her to hold still while awake makes it hard to get a nice shot like the one of Sas!

On a different note, here is some color from two or so weeks ago I've been meaning to put up.

All with the D200, the first with the 50mm 1.8 Ai, the other two with the 28 3.5 Ai.

Nov 04, 2012 at 12:01 PM
NightOwl Cat
• • • • •
p.2022 #13 · p.2022 #13 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

That's what I was thinking of, too. Reminds me of the Talking Tina episode of Twilight Zone....

adh67 wrote:
Ian - I like the picture of the Doll, has a real creepy feel to it, in a horror movie kind of way.

Bert

Nov 04, 2012 at 12:03 PM
NightOwl Cat
• • • • •
p.2022 #14 · p.2022 #14 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Glad your daughter is on the road to recovery! Make sure she takes the pills the day before Chemo starts, usually a steriod, as it helps with the nausea.

a.RodriguezPix wrote:
Hello everyone, it's me again Americo minus the manual focus lens, until I can scrap up the funds to get one back! I just wanted to first, thank everyone for the well wishing, for my daughter and family, and second, let everyone know that I still creep around here enjoying everyone's excellent manual focus achievements, albeit without the ability to contribute, I do of course still long to learn, and to share! The last thing I wanted to mention, was that my daughter is doing very well, and on the road to recovery, however, she has a few more
...Show more

Nov 04, 2012 at 12:07 PM
Lieutenant Z
• • • •
p.2022 #15 · p.2022 #15 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

bruni wrote:
Phillippe - you got me thinking about the two 20mms so I rode down to the Opera House and did a quick test.

It looks sunny in these pics but it was actually overcast and windy. They're all taken at f4. They don't quite line up because they're taken handheld - and swapping lenses. The main difference between them is probably the filter on the 20mm f3.5 UD which I've never taken off. The 20mm 2.8 is better across the frame - there's more fall off at the edges on the 3.5. The vignetting is pretty bad on the 3.5 in
...Show more

Ben thanks a lot, I deeply appreciate your taking the time to test those two 20 mm!
Very different lenses! I think you're right, the 2.8 seems better optically but the 3.5 maybe has more character.
I agree about the Zeiss 2.8/21 : that lens is in another league but it is a huge piece of glass and not sure it's worth the money for an occasionnal use.
btw, very nice set, I especially love last one!
Thanks again

Nov 04, 2012 at 12:09 PM
Lieutenant Z
• • • •
p.2022 #16 · p.2022 #16 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

montym wrote:
Through the coffee shop window

I Love this one !

Nov 04, 2012 at 12:18 PM
Lieutenant Z
• • • •
p.2022 #17 · p.2022 #17 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

stedge wrote:
more of youngest daughters.

Very nice portrait Eric. Imho would be even better with the focus on the 2 eyes.

Nov 04, 2012 at 12:21 PM
Lieutenant Z
• • • •
p.2022 #18 · p.2022 #18 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Ian Boys wrote:
Thanks for the warm welcome. I shoot quite a bit of film on old manual lenses as I love my heavy metal cameras.

The Old Man of Storr, Isle of Skye, Scotland.

Nikon FE-2 / 50mm f1.8 Series E / Kodak Tri-X.

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8053/8120270679_b2d08ea7f7_c.jpg

This thread moves SO fast!

Welcome to the thread, Ian.
wow that's a wonderful b/w shot!

Nov 04, 2012 at 12:24 PM
Lieutenant Z
• • • •
p.2022 #19 · p.2022 #19 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

adh67 wrote:
And a few more from that day.

Bert

Bert, that's a fantastic set! Well done.

Nov 04, 2012 at 12:27 PM
Lieutenant Z
• • • •
p.2022 #20 · p.2022 #20 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Leighton; like the cold colors in your last 2 shots

Nov 04, 2012 at 12:31 PM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell