2015              5886       5887       end

Manual Focus Nikon Glass

David Antilley
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2014 #1 · p.2014 #1 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

leighton w wrote:
***** BLOG UPDATE *****

Laura's third, fourth and fifth blog post. Lot's of fine images in these!

http://aroundtheworldwithanikonlens.blogspot.com/

All are good but the path is so inviting and my favorite. Another stellar example of Nikki's adventure.

David

Nov 03, 2012 at 07:28 PM
Oosty
• • • •
p.2014 #2 · p.2014 #2 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

deang001 wrote:
Few from Siem Reap, Cambodia. Over here for a week with my wife and my brother who has joined us from London. The temple ruins are incredible ... pretty different to my usual temples back home in HK

1st & 3rd with the 20mm f/2.8 Ai-S (which will get a nice work out over here !) and the 2nd with the 180 f/2.8 Ai-S.

Dean these are excellent - I like the monkeys (Hanuman, the monkey god?)

Nov 03, 2012 at 07:35 PM
Oosty
• • • •
p.2014 #3 · p.2014 #3 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

georgms wrote:
Two shots with the PC 85/2.8 D:

Very nice.

Nov 03, 2012 at 07:36 PM
Oosty
• • • •
p.2014 #4 · p.2014 #4 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Lieutenant Z wrote:
From the Sainte-Croix wildlife reserve with 180 ais :

Phillippe, I couldn't see the 2nd image but the others are great.

Nov 03, 2012 at 07:40 PM
MDoc9523
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2014 #5 · p.2014 #5 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

montym wrote:
Nikki passes inspection in Oshkosh

I think Rocky likes Nikki

Nov 03, 2012 at 07:48 PM
Mishu01
• • • •
p.2014 #6 · p.2014 #6 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Laura, glad that everything was solved! Your sunset pictures are amazing! I need to try a series like this sometimes.

Samy, nice bird shots!

Georg, very impressive use of the tilt-shif lens. I like the PP.

Chin those chestnuts are appealing!

Ray, great fall colours in your images!

Dean, I'm jealous on you, man! Full of envy!

montym wrote:
Nikki passes inspection in Oshkosh

I'm not sure if is the smell of Laura's cats... I think this wise creature is tracing some fine Dracula rays remaining from Nikki's Romanian adventure!

Anyhow I am impatient to see what Nikki will deliver from your D600! Go to work Monty!

Lieutenant Z wrote:

Nice pictures and I never expected this kind of images from you, Philippe! I still prefer the wild life of Paris, young women side please Reagan will be happy!

Nov 03, 2012 at 07:49 PM
bruni
• • •
p.2014 #7 · p.2014 #7 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

bmwrider75 wrote:
Ok, so I've been looking for a 55/1.2. There are a couple on ebay, but they all look different.

There is one at Igor's which says it's an AI converted lens, and another one at Cameta (more$$) which is a genuine AI, but the focusing ring looks totally different (it looks like the 50/1.2, without the big fluted focusing ring).

Which model/style of 55/1.2 should I be trying to find?

dc

Hi Dan

there are ai and pre- ai versions of 55 f1.2. Some of us (well, me) think the pre - ai version (with the fluted focussing ring) is better.

The pre-ai version comes in an S or SC version (so it should read 55mm f1.2 S...or 55mm f1.2 SC). The SC version is said to have all the latest coatings at the time - that's the one to get.

The one that that looks like the 50mm f1.2 is the later version. It's the ai version.

Some people say there is no difference between any of them, or even, that the later version is the best - on the basis that each iteration was an improvement so the last version is the most improved.

The 55mm f1.2 SC - with the fluted focus ring is a very beautiful hunk of glass - if you can find one in good condition you will not be sorry.

ben

Nov 03, 2012 at 08:15 PM
Lieutenant Z
• • • •
p.2014 #8 · p.2014 #8 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Ben, what 20 mm do you prefer : the 2.8 ais or the 3.5 UD?
Thanks

Nov 03, 2012 at 08:22 PM
leighton w
• • • • • •
p.2014 #9 · p.2014 #9 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

georgms wrote:
Leighton, the new processing fits the subject very well. I would rotate the picture a wee bit clockwise, but that's just me and nitpicking :-)

Thanks Georg, I did exactly that and you were right, I like it better.

I love your night shots you did for the paper, did they use publish them in B&W?

Nov 03, 2012 at 08:31 PM
vpik01
• • •
p.2014 #10 · p.2014 #10 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

John - love the two panos, for me the second one is more dynamic becuase of the foreground silhouette extending all the way across.

Samy - great looking coffee bokeh, I've always heard good things about that 50/2

Mike - I agree with Monty, the misty wetland is really striking, I like all the reflections in particular.

Ray - I'm enjoying the Smoky Mtn shots immensely. Getting all that fall foliage was a nice treat too!

Dean - Love the Cambodia shots, particularly that one with the kitten climbing around in it!!

Monty - Im glad to see Nikki has arrived and passed inspection, can't wait to see your work with her!

Nov 03, 2012 at 08:31 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

leighton w
• • • • • •
p.2014 #11 · p.2014 #11 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Chin - Very nice composition on the chestnut shot.

Ray - Gorgeous pics from the Smokies. DID you stay in the cabin?

Dean - Cool shots from Cambodia. I would LOVE to shoot in an exotic place one time.

Monty - Don't let Rocky pee on her!

Philippe - Very nice shots of those Lemurs.

Samy - I like the bird shots, especially the second one.

Nov 03, 2012 at 08:41 PM
leighton w
• • • • • •
p.2014 #12 · p.2014 #12 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

One from today with the 180mm.

NIKON D600    0.0 mm f/0.0 lens    180mm    f/4.0    1/1000s    800 ISO    0.0 EV  

Nov 03, 2012 at 08:42 PM
CGrindahl
• • • • • •
p.2014 #13 · p.2014 #13 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

leighton w wrote:
Welcome home Ray! We missed you. Can't wait to see more from your trip. This one is very very nice, I LOVE the processing you did on it.

Couldn't agree more Ray... this is a gorgeous photo and your processing is impeccable. Of course, we've come to expect that from you. First rate work... and the 85 f/1.4 AI-s must be close to your front door by now. Won't that be fun!

Nov 03, 2012 at 08:52 PM
adh67
• • •
p.2014 #14 · p.2014 #14 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Lieutenant Z wrote:

Excellent pics, nr 1 is amazing.

Bert

Nov 03, 2012 at 09:04 PM
adh67
• • •
p.2014 #15 · p.2014 #15 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

jhinkey wrote:
Love it!

Same here, excellent picture.

Bert

Nov 03, 2012 at 09:06 PM
CGrindahl
• • • • • •
p.2014 #16 · p.2014 #16 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

bruni wrote:
+1
beautiful Curtis. That row of low lying clouds is wonderful. We don't get clouds like that.

ben

Thanks Ben. Those low lying clouds is likely high flying fog, though I can't guarantee that. They do look like clouds. Warther around the Bay is quite dramatic at times, which surely is a delight to photographers. The most spectacular clouds are generally toward the end of winter in February and March. I guess you're coming out of winter yourself at the moment. We'll need to you keep us satisfied with spring and summer shots as we experience winter...

Nov 03, 2012 at 09:09 PM
Ian Boys
• • • •
p.2014 #17 · p.2014 #17 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

50mm f1.2 @ f4

Little soft on the eye but I wanted the profile to be sharp

Nov 03, 2012 at 09:11 PM
adh67
• • •
p.2014 #18 · p.2014 #18 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

asiostygius wrote:
Continuing with one more shot from my last trip.
A couple of the Burrowing Owl at a Brazilian savannah (cerrado) preserve - Ecological Station of Itirapina.
A storm is arriving from behind the couple, and their burrow is just below the dead tree trunk.

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8331/8148265416_a8cf3f68a9_o.jpg
Burrowing Owl couple with Nikkor 400mm f/5.6 AI EDIF by labecoaves, on Flickr

D7000 + Nikkor 400mm f/5.6 AI (narrow collar) EDIF, hand held, ISO 800, f/8 at 1/640s, ~25% cropped.
The male is supposed to be the smaller and "serious guy" (above right), since in owls there is a reversed sexual size dimorphism.

Wow, great picture Jose. Can't believe you are hand holding that.

Bert

Nov 03, 2012 at 09:11 PM
CGrindahl
• • • • • •
p.2014 #19 · p.2014 #19 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

MikeW wrote:
Thanks guys I used my 21mm ZF mostly so can't post here

Thanks Mike, for being respectful of the intention of this thread. It is nice to know you have room in your kit for MORE MF NIKKOR lenses... Can we make any recommendations?

I loved the swamp shot as well. Nicely done.

Nov 03, 2012 at 09:12 PM
CGrindahl
• • • • • •
p.2014 #20 · p.2014 #20 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

bruni wrote:
Rafael - if I knew that I wouldn't tell you - lol.

I've got 2 55mm f1.2SCs - one is in much better condition than the other. One has a couple of quite big black spots inside it (which is why I bought the second one) - but the picture quality is the same. Neither was converted to Curtis' standards (using the nikon kit) - but as I say, they both work perfectly even though one is quite beaten up. Your lenses look immaculate so I understand you want a mint copy. They're rare - but they're out there
...Show more

From the photos it appears Rafael's S was not converted with a kit. If I'm wrong, he might be able to swap aperture rings with an S-C, which would make it easier to get there. You're right, of course, converted S-C lenses are not easy to find. The one I found was simply a matter of dumb luck... but I'll take it. Of course, as I've said before the K and AI lenses have the same optics as the S-C, so the only advantage of that lens exists for those who desire the knurled focusing ring. I'm not even certain whether performance wise, the S-C is an improvement over the S. I enjoy the P version of the 105 f/2.5 every bit as much as the P-C or AI-s. I think each lens has its own charm. Thank you Nikon!

Nov 03, 2012 at 09:19 PM
1       2       3              2013      

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              2013      

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password