Manual Focus Nikon Glass

bruni
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2002 #1 · p.2002 #1 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

philipj wrote:
[uckr

I recommend not getting one.

All wide open. Stopped down it's exceedingly sharp already by f/2, but wide open is where the fun is.

the street shots are great Philip - but people must be much more approachable in Toronto than Sydney - you must have been standing very close to the woman with the coffee cup - and as the guy (yawning?) is looking right at you he must have been OK with having his pic taken. I never feel comfortable getting up so close to people with a cam like the D800E.

ben

Oct 31, 2012 at 07:25 PM
Oosty
• • • •
p.2002 #2 · p.2002 #2 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

georgms wrote:
Btw, the 55/1.2 is even useable as a portrait-lens:

Nice frame

Oct 31, 2012 at 07:28 PM
philipj
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2002 #3 · p.2002 #3 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

bruni wrote:
the street shots are great Philip - but people must be much more approachable in Toronto than Sydney - you must have been standing very close to the woman with the coffee cup - and as the guy (yawning?) is looking right at you he must have been OK with having his pic taken. I never feel comfortable getting up so close to people with a cam like the D800E.

ben

Thanks ben! People in Toronto generally are fairly approachable, and in the case of the older man (he is a local character with mental illness, often can be found in my neighbourhood), he actually came up and asked me to take his picture! The coffee cup woman I took while we were both crossing the street, and just lucked into getting a shot in focus, as I was shooting from the hip.

I find it much easier to get candids with the 105 or 180mm lenses though, as I too am usually too shy to take people's pictures up close without some indication that they know I'm going to do so already. That's why you'll tend to see my friends in pictures on here rather than strangers most of the time.

Oct 31, 2012 at 07:31 PM
Lieutenant Z
• • • •
p.2002 #4 · p.2002 #4 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

bruni wrote:
- but people must be much more approachable in Toronto than Sydney -
ben

Ben, the best street-photographer I've ever seen is one of your fellow countrymen : OneAnt is a pretty amazing guy who posts on the FM Zeiss thread from time to time.
Look at this : http://www.oneant.com.au/

Oct 31, 2012 at 08:26 PM
Lieutenant Z
• • • •
p.2002 #5 · p.2002 #5 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

georgms wrote:
Btw, the 55/1.2 is even useable as a portrait-lens:

Terrific shot, Georg!

Oct 31, 2012 at 08:27 PM
kings_freak
• • •
p.2002 #6 · p.2002 #6 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

philipj wrote:
I recommend not getting one.

All wide open. Stopped down it's exceedingly sharp already by f/2, but wide open is where the fun is.

I believe they asked about a reason NOT to buy one! Great shots Philip!

Tony

Oct 31, 2012 at 08:46 PM
kings_freak
• • •
p.2002 #7 · p.2002 #7 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

MarkdV wrote:
Hi Tony,

Lovely shots, the crispness of the eyes on these cats is amazing! The only downside is that you have set a very high standard for the buyer of that lens to have to meet!

Fingers crossed you can keep the 105mm.

Kind regards,
Mark.

Thanks Mark! You are going to love that lens. Can't wait to see what you do with it! Plus, after seeing your shots, I wouldn't worry about that bar too much.

Oct 31, 2012 at 08:47 PM
LizzieShepherd
• • •
p.2002 #8 · p.2002 #8 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Thanks for the additional welcomes everyone!
Lots of super shots with various 50mms - pretty sure I had a 50 1.8 Ais once - but think I may opt for the 1.8G this time.. Lots of examples here of how good the earlier MF version is though!
One last shot from the 105 2.5 Ais - 800E now sent away again - I am really impressed with the bokeh from this lens though focussing is quite a challenge, particularly for models that don't keep still for long ;-)

Oct 31, 2012 at 08:58 PM
georgms
• • • •
p.2002 #9 · p.2002 #9 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Mishu01 wrote:
Halloween in Germany?

For sure, Mihai! It's just more like a "hell oh well" when Fraulein Mueller's and Herr Schmidt's children are Trick-and treating :-)

Peter and Ben - thank you! Somehow the usual grainy B&W-conversion didn't worked on this so I'd choose a more airy looking processing :-)

Oct 31, 2012 at 08:59 PM
leighton w
• • • • • •
p.2002 #10 · p.2002 #10 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

LizzieShepherd wrote:
Lots of super shots with various 50mms - pretty sure I had a 50 1.8 Ais once - but think I may opt for the 1.8G this time.. Lots of examples here of how good the earlier MF version is though!
One last shot from the 105 2.5 Ais - 800E now sent away again - I am really impressed with the bokeh from this lens though focussing is quite a challenge, particularly for models that don't keep still for long ;-)
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8328/8142495457_fd48175af3_o.jpg

Great shot of the Alpaca Lizzie. we have a neighbor that has 40 of these critters. It's quite something going in her barn!

Oct 31, 2012 at 09:03 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

georgms
• • • •
p.2002 #11 · p.2002 #11 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

leighton w wrote:
A lot of great conversation and images since I last visited. Good to see Curtis again. You're children worry about you when you stay away so much.

Here's a shot of the snow that was in the mountains from yesterday. If you look closely at the highest peak just to the right of center, that's where I get my internet signal.

Leighton, love the powdered sugar on the mountains. Beautiful composition and very nice shades of blue in the sky. That's a beautiful part of the world you live in!

Oct 31, 2012 at 09:03 PM
leighton w
• • • • • •
p.2002 #12 · p.2002 #12 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

leighton w wrote:
A lot of great conversation and images since I last visited. Good to see Curtis again. You're children worry about you when you stay away so much.

Here's a shot of the snow that was in the mountains from yesterday. If you look closely at the highest peak just to the right of center, that's where I get my internet signal.

georgms wrote:
Leighton, love the powdered sugar on the mountains. Beautiful composition and very nice shades of blue in the sky. That's a beautiful part of the world you live in!

Thank you Georg,we are truly blessed.

Oct 31, 2012 at 09:05 PM
leighton w
• • • • • •
p.2002 #13 · p.2002 #13 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

I think this is appropriate for today. 50-135mm f3.5

Oct 31, 2012 at 09:07 PM
Lieutenant Z
• • • •
p.2002 #14 · p.2002 #14 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

leighton w wrote:
I think this is appropriate for today. 50-135mm f3.5

and this one too :

Oct 31, 2012 at 09:21 PM
leighton w
• • • • • •
p.2002 #15 · p.2002 #15 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Lieutenant Z wrote:
and this one too :

Stop it, you're scaring me to death!

Oct 31, 2012 at 09:27 PM
georgms
• • • •
p.2002 #16 · p.2002 #16 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

LizzieShepherd wrote:

Lizzie, beautiful portrait of this cozy critter! I'm glad to read that the legendary 105/2.5 does so well on the demanding D800E.

Oct 31, 2012 at 11:13 PM
georgms
• • • •
p.2002 #17 · p.2002 #17 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Leighton and Philippe, thanks for sharing your nightmare-inducing pictures

Oct 31, 2012 at 11:16 PM
georgms
• • • •
p.2002 #18 · p.2002 #18 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

MF-Nikkor #30 arrived safe and sound after traveling from Scotland to Krautland.
I've lucked out on a number of occasions before and I'm really happy that my patience was awarded with a lens in really great shape for a decent price.
I've tried the basic features in bad light and without presentable results, but really like it so far.
It will take many hours and countless user-errors until I'm really ready to use this optic properly.
Here's a picture taken during a short walk in dim light:

Unbenannt von georgsfoto auf Flickr
D3s, PC 85/2.8D wide open, tilt about 3 degrees

Oct 31, 2012 at 11:30 PM
mp356
• • • • •
p.2002 #19 · p.2002 #19 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

bruni wrote:
what do you mean "great shot" - it's plagiarism!!! - he claims he took it last Monday in Paris, really?, you believe that?? lol

ben

Nov 01, 2012 at 12:19 AM
mp356
• • • • •
p.2002 #20 · p.2002 #20 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

georgms wrote:
MF-Nikkor #30 arrived safe and sound after traveling from Scotland to Krautland.
I've lucked out on a number of occasions before and I'm really happy that my patience was awarded with a lens in really great shape for a decent price.
I've tried the basic features in bad light and without presentable results, but really like it so far.
It will take many hours and countless user-errors until I'm really ready to use this optic properly.
Here's a picture taken during a short walk in dim light:

D3s, PC 85/2.8D wide open, tilt about 3 degrees

Very nice Georg. I like the seperation from the background. Nice colors and brightness.
Scott

Nov 01, 2012 at 12:28 AM
1       2       3              2001      
       2003              5887       5888       end

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              2001      
       2003              5887       5888       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password