Home · Register · Software · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

  New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist
  

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              1936      
1937
       1938              5884       5885       end
  

Manual Focus Nikon Glass
  
 
vpik01
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1937 #1 · p.1937 #1 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


Thanks Mark, Samy and Leighton for the comments on my winery series from last night!

Leighton, Nice continued Trinity Church series, I love the silhouette shot and the fall colors in the third shot are excellent as well!

Ben, of your three latest stitches my favorite is the one with the bridge, I like the shadow of the bridge on the water in particular, it divides the picture but not to harshly.



Oct 18, 2012 at 10:34 AM
leighton w
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1937 #2 · p.1937 #2 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


leighton w wrote:
I posted some from Trinity Church last week, here are a few more from yesterday. Taken with the 50-135mm except the tree shot, which was with the 28-50mm f3.5. BTW these two AI-s zooms were made at the same time and they seem to match up quite nicely as far as contrast and color output go.

bruni wrote:
Leighton - always like what you do with that 28-50mm - it brings out something in you, it obviously suits you. You're almost tempting me.....but I've promised myself not to buy any more lenses (well, except for ........)

ben

Thanks Ben, I didn't like that lens at first when I switched to FX, but I'm growing to like it more and more.

On behave of Curtis, you can't stop buying lenses now after you pushed all those scalloped lenses on him!



Oct 18, 2012 at 10:36 AM
paulski66
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1937 #3 · p.1937 #3 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


leighton w wrote:
Also, it doesn't hurt to add your gear to your profile as well.


I'll add my gear to my profile, but...

I shoot with a d600, having just upgraded from a d90. One of my motivations for upgrading was the ability to seek out and use older AIS lenses (they wouldn't meter on the d90...).

Like Michael, the first lens I got when I got the d90 was the 28mm f/2.8 AIS. I also have a 105 f/2.5 AIS on the way from KEH. w00t!



Oct 18, 2012 at 10:46 AM
saph
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1937 #4 · p.1937 #4 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


Ben, Leighton is right, that bridge shot in particular stands out.

Hardly lazy; lazy is me sitting on the couch typing

bruni wrote:
thanks Leighton....I think they're lazy shots.....I happened to be there, it was scenic, I snapped away - don't feel I bought anything to it....oh well....
ben




Oct 18, 2012 at 10:51 AM
leighton w
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1937 #5 · p.1937 #5 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


paulski66 wrote:
I'll add my gear to my profile, but...

I shoot with a d600, having just upgraded from a d90. One of my motivations for upgrading was the ability to seek out and use older AIS lenses (they wouldn't meter on the d90...).

Like Michael, the first lens I got when I got the d90 was the 28mm f/2.8 AIS. I also have a 105 f/2.5 AIS on the way from KEH. w00t!


I too just acquired the D600, coming from the D7000. I must say, WOW what a difference!

You're gonna LOVE shooting MF lenses on this thing because of that nice big viewfinder. You have two of the best MF lenses Nikon has to offer, but beware, it won't stop there. Glad you found us.



Oct 18, 2012 at 10:52 AM
bruni
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1937 #6 · p.1937 #6 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


leighton w wrote:
Thanks Ben, I didn't like that lens at first when I switched to FX, but I'm growing to like it more and more.

On behave of Curtis, you can't stop buying lenses now after you pushed all those scalloped lenses on him!



Thanks Mark and Tony D

Leighton - I didn't push "all those" scalloped lenses. I pushed the 55mm f1.2SC - that is an exceptional (and overlooked) gem. He rushed out and bought every pre ai lens he could find and then forced me to buy the 28mm f3.5 and the 105mm 2.5P - and he was right, they are very very lovely.

But I have to stop - if I had the money I'd be tempted by the new zeiss lenses - the 55mm f1.2 and the 135mm f2 ( and the nikon 24 1.4G and 35 1.4G) - but luckily, I'm broke (just bought new headphones, DAC and amplifier), seriously broke, so I'm not tempted.

But I do admire your work with the 28-50 - you've posted lots of interesting pics with that lens......but no....!

ben



Oct 18, 2012 at 10:53 AM
leighton w
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1937 #7 · p.1937 #7 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


leighton w wrote:
Ben, I love the perspective of that last shot. The bridge right in the middle adds tension which is a good thing.

bruni wrote:
thanks Leighton....I think they're lazy shots.....I happened to be there, it was scenic, I snapped away - don't feel I bought anything to it....oh well....
ben

saph wrote:
Ben, Leighton is right, that bridge shot in particular stands out.

Hardly lazy; lazy is me sitting on the couch typing


Not quite as lazy as Monty sitting in his recliner with Rocky on his lap.




Oct 18, 2012 at 10:53 AM
saph
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1937 #8 · p.1937 #8 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


Leighton, like the gray gravestones with the fall color background in that first one.

Samy

leighton w wrote:
I posted some from Trinity Church last week, here are a few more from yesterday. Taken with the 50-135mm except the tree shot, which was with the 28-50mm f3.5. BTW these two AI-s zooms were made at the same time and they seem to match up quite nicely as far as contrast and color output go.




Oct 18, 2012 at 10:53 AM
leighton w
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1937 #9 · p.1937 #9 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


leighton w wrote:
I posted some from Trinity Church last week, here are a few more from yesterday. Taken with the 50-135mm except the tree shot, which was with the 28-50mm f3.5. BTW these two AI-s zooms were made at the same time and they seem to match up quite nicely as far as contrast and color output go.

bruni wrote:
Leighton - always like what you do with that 28-50mm - it brings out something in you, it obviously suits you. You're almost tempting me.....but I've promised myself not to buy any more lenses (well, except for ........)

ben

leighton w wrote:
Thanks Ben, I didn't like that lens at first when I switched to FX, but I'm growing to like it more and more.

On behave of Curtis, you can't stop buying lenses now after you pushed all those scalloped lenses on him!

bruni wrote:
Thanks Mark and Tony D

Leighton - I didn't push "all those" scalloped lenses. I pushed the 55mm f1.2SC - that is an exceptional (and overlooked) gem. He rushed out and bought every pre ai lens he could find and then forced me to buy the 28mm f3.5 and the 105mm 2.5P - and he was right, they are very very lovely.

But I have to stop - if I had the money I'd be tempted by the new zeiss lenses - the 55mm f1.2 and the 135mm f2 ( and the nikon 24 1.4G and 35 1.4G) - but luckily, I'm
...Show more

As you go off screaming in the night. The funny thing is...I just got done warning Paul that it doesn't stop.



Oct 18, 2012 at 10:56 AM
saph
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1937 #10 · p.1937 #10 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


Okay, I just got a second scalloped focus lens after the 55 1.2S. So can I also say Curtis forced me to buy?

Samy

bruni wrote:
Thanks Mark and Tony D

Leighton - I didn't push "all those" scalloped lenses. I pushed the 55mm f1.2SC - that is an exceptional (and overlooked) gem. He rushed out and bought every pre ai lens he could find and then forced me to buy the 28mm f3.5 and the 105mm 2.5P - and he was right, they are very very lovely.

But I have to stop - if I had the money I'd be tempted by the new zeiss lenses - the 55mm f1.2 and the 135mm f2 ( and the nikon 24 1.4G and 35 1.4G) - but luckily, I'm
...Show more



Oct 18, 2012 at 10:57 AM
 

Search in Used Dept. 



saph
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1937 #11 · p.1937 #11 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


That's now probably 500 pages back, but I remember that Monty/Rocky pic, wasn't that with his previously crazy glued 16 fisheye?

leighton w wrote:
Not quite as lazy as Monty sitting in his recliner with Rocky on his lap.





Oct 18, 2012 at 11:00 AM
bruni
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1937 #12 · p.1937 #12 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


saph wrote:
Okay, I just got a second scalloped focus lens after the 55 1.2S. So can I also say Curtis forced me to buy? :)

Samy




yeah, why not? blaming him works for me!!

what did you get?

ben



Oct 18, 2012 at 11:01 AM
Reagan
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1937 #13 · p.1937 #13 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


I am blaming him also as I am caressing the photo of a 35 1.4

Reagan



Oct 18, 2012 at 11:09 AM
leighton w
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1937 #14 · p.1937 #14 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


You know, whenever it rains or is bad weather of any kind at the farmers' market, the vendors blame me!

Since we need SOMEONE to blame on this thread, it might as well be Curtis.



Oct 18, 2012 at 11:15 AM
leighton w
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1937 #15 · p.1937 #15 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


One more and then I'm off to feed the critters.







Oct 18, 2012 at 11:21 AM
Big Appa
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1937 #16 · p.1937 #16 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


Great scott, Leighton..your photos with the D7000 were great, this you do with the D600
is wonderful!
I suspect that full frame has given the 20-50 and the 50-150 new life. The photos you've posted with them certainly look great.

Ed



Oct 18, 2012 at 12:11 PM
Oosty
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1937 #17 · p.1937 #17 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


Laura - great start. The new camera also performs very well.
(That was posted before I read about the incident with Nikki - don't stress these things happen and I'm sure the problems will be fixed without too much hassle)

Ron - great images of impossible subjects!

Other really nice images, thanks for sharing.

Edited on Oct 18, 2012 at 02:52 PM · View previous versions



Oct 18, 2012 at 02:40 PM
Oosty
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1937 #18 · p.1937 #18 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


rankamateur wrote:
All of the above fits!


+1



Oct 18, 2012 at 02:41 PM
kwoodard
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1937 #19 · p.1937 #19 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


I have been thinking of replacing my Sigma 70-300mm AF lens with a comparable MF Nikkor lens. I have seen the 100-300mm f5.6 listed on KEH for some decent prices, what do you folks think of the lens? Most of the time it will be used at 300mm, but I like the option of a shorter focal length when needed. The Sigma I have is very soft focus at 300mm, has the same f5.6, but will do f3.5 at 70mm.

Thoughts/samples on this lens?



Oct 18, 2012 at 02:59 PM
Avi B
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1937 #20 · p.1937 #20 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


Why not the 300/4.5 instead? Forget the zoom.

BTW some lovely shooting in 8 pages since I visited. Geez this thread moves too fast.... Laura don't stress over Nikki. She's tougher than you think! It's the D700 I'd be worried about.

And thanks to the folks commenting on the pics of fall colours. Fall this season has not been as colourful as in the past... So trying to make the most of the limited colours.



Oct 18, 2012 at 03:05 PM
1       2       3              1936      
1937
       1938              5884       5885       end






FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              1936      
1937
       1938              5884       5885       end
    
 

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password