Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              1767      
       1769              3820       3821       end

Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Rinie Hoff
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1768 #1 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

I'm posting some pictures of my trip, Ben was asking for them. So I decided to post especially those photo's that I took with Ben on my mind.
Two old Fiats 500, I think the blue one was 42 years old, and a two cylinder motor?? Is that possible? Did I remember that well? Those of the blue one are not very good, as that road was so busy, that I got a little nervous over there. The light was less than ideal too. The man was very proud of his car. I think it was taken in Viterbo.
In Rome, we just cycled around a bit, and found this beautiful red Fiat, with an original number plate. There I had more time and there was no traffic at all.

The blue one is taken with the 105, the red one with the 28mm

Edited on Aug 26, 2012 at 09:37 PM · View previous versions

Aug 26, 2012 at 09:37 PM
MikeW
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1768 #2 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Me cat @12800 iso on the D7k + 105 2.5

Aug 26, 2012 at 09:37 PM
Rinie Hoff
• • •
p.1768 #3 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

montym wrote:
WOW.
Strange fellow!! I have to wonder what he is listening to. I think you should take your dog along and buddy-up to him.
Get the REAL story

Agree 100%. And I bet you don't even need a dog. He seems rather harmless. WOuld be great to have his story and have some more photo's maybe.

Aug 26, 2012 at 09:39 PM
bruni
• • •
p.1768 #4 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

montym wrote:
That lens rules!

3D Do I need to look up that thread

It's a lovely shot Monty and even virtually blurred out Rocky is a star - to my eyes (and it's morning here, I'm pretty blurred myself) - this is not the 3D zeiss look (or Leica for that matter) - Curtis is just stirring (is that an expression in the US?). Stop Curtis - or I'll tell them over at the zeiss thread (actually, probably I wont - they scare me a bit).

ben

Aug 26, 2012 at 09:40 PM
bruni
• • •
p.1768 #5 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

montym wrote:
Most awesome picture! I really get a feel for the size of that bridge. The houses and the background and the boat at the base of the pier! Nicely composed!

+1

what's that suburb called Curtis.

is that a mosque in the background too?

ben

Aug 26, 2012 at 09:47 PM
Rinie Hoff
• • •
p.1768 #6 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

leighton w wrote:
To celebrate my 3000th post, I'll repost my very first image on this thread back on page 45.

I remember that one! I must take a look on which page my first photo was, but from time to time, I followed my friends Curtis' thread, so I was a lurker before I posted.

I just checked, my first post is on page 33. Wanted to surprise Curtis with a borrowed 135mm lens, but I posted it on a different username (Grane). When I thought of starting to be active, I wanted to post under my real name. It was rather confusing....

Aug 26, 2012 at 09:48 PM
Matt OHarver
• • • •
p.1768 #7 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

georgms wrote:
Some pictures from an anti-racism-rally in Rostock Lichtenhagen:

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7126/7864343882_843fb8aeae_c.jpg
the 35/1.4 Ai worked nice wide open - it's the infamous sunflower-tower in the background

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8141/7864344772_cf265436e6_c.jpg
105/1.8 Ais at f/2.8 - protesters displaying the "the ugly German"

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8430/7864345528_f24675dae3_c.jpg
20/3.5 Ais - some anti-racism-activists hide their faces behind banners - I'd choose a (overly?) drastic B&W-conversion for this one

This my friend is some wonderful journalism. Very well done. I'm inspired to use my MF stuff a little more while out working.

Matt

Aug 26, 2012 at 09:49 PM
asiostygius
• • • •
p.1768 #8 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

CGrindahl wrote:
Samy, you could always buy the 500 f/4 AI-P. It isn't cheap but from what I've seen on this thread and elsewhere it is a great lens. It too is a relatively light lens. Bjorn loves it with the TC 14c that takes it to 700mm and f/5.6. It weighs 3 kg. There is one listed on E-Bay for a Buy It Now price of $2,100 but the seller invites offers.

Nikon 500 f/4 AI-p

KEH is asking $2,999 for a LN- copy of the lens. If you're seriously into birding this may be the way to go.

Samy, I second Curtis on this issue!

I would add this interesting review on the lens and its use with a TC14E:
http://nikonglass.blogspot.com.br/2008/05/nikkor-mf-500mm-f4p.html

Other interesting source is a guy that tell us his experience with the TC16A - optically a good combination:
http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/readflat.asp?forum=1030&thread=40213024

Aug 26, 2012 at 09:53 PM
Rinie Hoff
• • •
p.1768 #9 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

leighton w wrote:
Sheep did someone say sheep? Our ram is in with the ewes right now making a crop for next year. We use a marking harness on him so we can tell which ewe has been bred. This helps us pinpoint the time when she will lamb so we can keep an eye on things. He marked 13 in two days, so it's going to be a zoo around here for one week come January!

You gave him a marker with a really favorite color of mine: Orange, and certainly not because that is a sort national color here.
I already forgot what Curtis did not want to say, but your ram is rather productive.
It sure is going to be a busy period with not very much sleep, and going to the stable all night.... Good luck!

Lovely photo's, Leighton!

Aug 26, 2012 at 09:55 PM
Rinie Hoff
• • •
p.1768 #10 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Matt OHarver wrote:
This my friend is some wonderful journalism. Very well done. I'm inspired to use my MF stuff a little more while out working.

Matt

Fully agree with Matt! Good work!

Aug 26, 2012 at 09:56 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

jhinkey
• • • • •
p.1768 #11 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

The girls and I spent Friday night and most all of Saturday at the pacific coast with my sister and her daughter. A few hours at the beach. The only MF lens I had with me was the 16/3.5 AI.

John

Go Fly A Kite

NIKON D800    16mm    f/8.0    1/500s    200 ISO    0.0 EV  

My Sister And Niece Flying A Kite

NIKON D800    16mm    f/8.0    1/640s    200 ISO    0.0 EV  

A Little Foggy At The Shore

Too Close To The Sun?

Edited on Aug 26, 2012 at 09:58 PM · View previous versions

Aug 26, 2012 at 09:57 PM
asiostygius
• • • •
p.1768 #12 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Rinie, nice fiat captures, with rich red and light blue colours.
I think these cars are perfect for some of the narrow streets in Rome and other medieval cities in Italy .

Aug 26, 2012 at 09:57 PM
bruni
• • •
p.1768 #13 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Rinie Hoff wrote:
I'm posting some pictures of my trip, Ben was asking for them. So I decided to post especially those photo's that I took with Ben on my mind.
Two old Fiats 500, I think the blue one was 42 years old, and a two cylinder motor?? Is that possible? Did I remember that well? Those of the blue one are not very good, as that road was so busy, that I got a little nervous over there. The light was less than ideal too. The man was very proud of his car. I think it was taken in Viterbo.
In Rome,
...Show more

WOW - Rinie - WOW. That blue one is very unusual - don't see many in that colour. He's kept it beautifully - except for that pink furry animal he's got on the dashboard. I can't tell if that's a cover on the sterring wheel or he's had it replaced. And it's great he posed for you. I'm starting to think there'd be a great photos series in fiat 500s and their owners - like people do for pets.

And the red one, wow....and in Rome......mmmmmm....the crumbling walls, the cobbled streets....Roma.

I love them Rinie - thank you so much.

ben

ben

Aug 26, 2012 at 09:58 PM
jhinkey
• • • • •
p.1768 #14 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

And a few more . . .

Barely Holding On

Multi-Tasking

Aug 26, 2012 at 09:59 PM
asiostygius
• • • •
p.1768 #15 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Beautiful shots John. They prove once more that this is a great lens for shots including the sun.

Aug 26, 2012 at 09:59 PM
bruni
• • •
p.1768 #16 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

jhinkey wrote:
The girls and I spent Friday night and most all of Saturday at the pacific coast with my sister and her daughter. A few hours at the beach. The only MF lens I had with me was the 16/3.5 AI.

John

whew John - spectacular.....each one better than the next!!!

ben

Aug 26, 2012 at 10:00 PM
rankamateur
• • •
p.1768 #17 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

"Leighton" my tomato plant is on steroids! This is nothing but an early girl variety. All but the yellows picked tonight. I think I counted 45 and we have picked at least 70 already off this one plant. Crazy! Taken with the 28 2.8 AI-S

NIKON D800    28mm    f/2.8    1/2000s    400 ISO    0.0 EV  

NIKON D800    28mm    f/8.0    1/125s    400 ISO    0.0 EV  

Aug 26, 2012 at 10:07 PM
Rinie Hoff
• • •
p.1768 #18 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

bruni wrote:
WOW - Rinie - WOW. That blue one is very unusual - don't see many in that colour. He's kept it beautifully - except for that pink furry animal he's got on the dashboard. I can't tell if that's a cover on the sterring wheel or he's had it replaced. And it's great he posed for you. I'm starting to think there'd be a great photos series in fiat 500s and their owners - like people do for pets.

And the red one, wow....and in Rome......mmmmmm....the crumbling walls, the cobbled streets....Roma.

I love them Rinie - thank you so much.

ben

You're welcome, Ben! You've been on my mind on quite a few occasions because of those Fiats.
Certainly the red one was my favorite as well, but I liked the blue one too.
Jaap was ahead of me and waiting for me an talking to the owner, (who was very proud), and suggested I should take photo's. I wanted to, but it was scaring busy there. So I was sloppy, and did not want to take time to put on the 28mm.
Glad, you like them. Thes are the only ones I took of Fiats 500. Jaap mentioned you more than once as I had told him you like Fiats 500, but there was not always time or opportunity to stop. Or sometime I just did not feel like stopping, especially when the way was uphill, and you're out of your rhythm when you stop. Sorry ... ;-)

Aug 26, 2012 at 10:10 PM
Rinie Hoff
• • •
p.1768 #19 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

asiostygius wrote:
Rinie, nice fiat captures, with rich red and light blue colours.
I think these cars are perfect for some of the narrow streets in Rome and other medieval cities in Italy .

Thanks, Jose. It sure is handy to have a small car like that!

Aug 26, 2012 at 10:11 PM
rankamateur
• • •
p.1768 #20 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

saph wrote:
Interesting Curtis, seems like he was concealing himself as well as the lens.

San Francisco is a very scenic city.

Ok just so this poor guy does not look like a complete fool! This is his way of dampening vibration. Probably not a VR lens. I have seen foam rubber shoved in between the hood and the tripod. I have seen guys draped all over the top of the lens. Funny stuff but some of it works.

Aug 26, 2012 at 10:16 PM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password