Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              1414      
       1416              4171       4172       end

Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Rinie Hoff
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1415 #1 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

I haven't been here for the last couple of days, but I've seen enough: this thread is alive and kicking with great photo's and talk about lenses.
I want to mention a few things though

- Curtis, congratulations with the arrival (finally!) of your 55, and the D800. What an opportunity to try it out!
- Laura, good to see you again
- I saw a great self portrait of Tony V
- Chris, great start with Nikki! It's a very good and sharp lens, at least I think so.

I agreed with Leighton that I'll make a last post with Nikki photo's (for the blog) and then it's all up to Chris.

Jun 29, 2012 at 10:07 PM
bijan2008

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1415 #2 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

JoshuaD.FOTO wrote:
I do not mean this to be the least bit cross, but is bokeh fringing typically that noticeable from this lens?

Dear Joshua

There is definitely some color fringing in the out of focus area in this image ... I am not sure if it is my copy of the lens or it is typical. Please see the image below with the same camera-lens combination ... here the subject in focus is much closer ...

Nikon D7000
Nikon 135mm 2.0 AI
f/2, 1/60s, -0.3EV
Aperture Priority
ISO 100

Jun 29, 2012 at 10:21 PM
bijan2008

p.1415 #3 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Lieutenant Z wrote:
28 2.8 ais (as always... ) from Palais Royal (as always....):

All excellent images Phillippe ...
I like #2 and #4 little more though ...

Bijan

Jun 29, 2012 at 10:33 PM
Rinie Hoff
• • •
p.1415 #4 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

On Tuesday's I have singing lessons in Delft, and while Nikki was here I took her out to see Delft. This is a lovely old town near Rotterdam where I've lived for almost 20 years. Curtis has posted a lot of photo's of Delft

Hope, you've enjoyed my adventures with Nikki. I certainly did! I've created quite a few panorama's because of the length of the lens, but that was a good experience. Now I know, that even with a long, you do not always need to zoom with your legs

Here's the tower of the 'New Church'. Thake that 'new' with a grain of salt as we say here, the first stone was laid at 1393.
Anyway, stitch of 5 photo's, Nikki @ f/4

This is my favorite corner in Delft at the back of the new church
Nikki @ f/8

And some from last Saturday in Rotterdam, nice clouds in the sky.

This is a view on the south side of 'my island'.
Nikki @ f/16

A lens and a bridge.
Can someone say something about the rather strange colors in the sky? Green and purple. This is an SOOC image, just resized
@ f/5.6

A model and a bridge
@f/2.8

A lens and a view from the Euromast
@f/ 4

And finally our two kinds of watertaxi's. Very different, both an experience!
@ f/4

And the fast one, with my island in the background
@ f/8

Jun 29, 2012 at 10:37 PM
georgms
• • • •
p.1415 #5 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Rinie, beautiful series! Your favorite corner is also my favorite image from your post.
The "New Church"-picture is impressive - even if I prefer the look of the old fieldstone-churches :-)
Georg

Jun 29, 2012 at 11:05 PM
mp356
• • • •
p.1415 #6 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Lieutenant Z wrote:
28 2.8 ais (as always... ) from Palais Royal (as always....):

Hi Philippe. another nice set of images. I like the horizontal composition of second image. That colonade goes on for ever!
Scott

Jun 29, 2012 at 11:24 PM
Paul Gabel
• •
p.1415 #7 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

A few with the 400mm/5.6 ED/IF, taken earlier this year.

_PG11481 by Apapa56, on Flickr
1/1000 f/8

_PG11509 by Apapa56, on Flickr
1/1000 f/8

_PG11519 by Apapa56, on Flickr
1/1000 f/8

And this one wide open with a TC-14b, slightly cropped

Een zwaan met lentekriebels op de Poel in Amstelveen by Apapa56, on Flickr
1/2000 f/8

Except for the birds-in-flight, all on a monopod.

Jun 29, 2012 at 11:30 PM
georgms
• • • •
p.1415 #8 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

mp356 wrote:
Hi George
The middle two of this set are very nice. I especially like the wooden fence. Nice colors and background.
Scott

Thank you, Scott.
The swedish wooden fence was shot with 28/2 - but I don't remember which version - probably with my abused and scratched Nikkor-N Auto from the early 70s.
The 24/2 would have shown the typical triangular highlights in the upper right corner.

MDoc9523 wrote:
Thats very cool. I have wondered about the 5 & 6T and I see it's supurb!

Thanks, Ray!
The No.6T is good for all kind of stunts - I've had it on many lenses with various step-up- and -down-rings. Together with the AiS 105/1.8 it makes a super-shallow-DOF-combo, but the image-quality is not really good.
I had to sharpen the image quite a bit to make it useable.

Oosty wrote:
Georg - nothing conventional about this image - excellent processing, love it

Peter

Thank you, Peter!
Usually I prefer the AF-S 14-24 for this kind of images, but when I've shot this picture (on Christmas Eve 2009) I've noticed that I had forgotten the mighty AF-S at home. To my rescue I had the 24/2 mounted on a FM2 with me...

Jun 29, 2012 at 11:31 PM
CGrindahl
• • • • • •
p.1415 #9 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Wonderful set Paul... one of the great things about this thread is that folks hanging out here own and use these lenses. It is serendipity that I mounted the 400 f/5.6 AI-s ED-IF this afternoon on the D800 that will call my place home for a few more days before I send it along to its rightful owner. There is a tree near my home with blossoms on the top and I thought I'd see whether I could reach them and how those extra megapixels might serve in getting a decent crop. This was shot wide open, hand held though I was leaning on the railing of a porch for support.

This humble lens does not disappoint!

And the grip of the D800 is feeling more comfortable as i use it...

Jun 29, 2012 at 11:55 PM
mp356
• • • •
p.1415 #10 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Rinie Hoff wrote:

On Tuesday's I have singing lessons in Delft, and while Nikki was here I took her out to see Delft. This is a lovely old town near Rotterdam where I've lived for almost 20 years. Curtis has posted a lot of photo's of Delft

Hope, you've enjoyed my adventures with Nikki. I certainly did! I've created quite a few panorama's because of the length of the lens, but that was a good experience. Now I know, that even with a long, you do not always need to zoom with your legs

This is my favorite corner in Delft at the back
...Show more

Rinie, you have put together another wonderful set of images. Your favorite corner image is worth reposting here. What a nice scene! Thank you for sharing your part of the world with the rest of us. I have certainly enjoyed seeing it.
Scott

Jun 30, 2012 at 12:30 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

montym
• • • •
p.1415 #11 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Oosty wrote:
Georg - nothing conventional about this image - excellent processing, love it

Peter

Yes, very cool shot. I like your PP!!

Jun 30, 2012 at 12:52 AM
bruni
• • •
p.1415 #12 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

CGrindahl wrote:
Wonderful set Paul... one of the great things about this thread is that folks hanging out here own and use these lenses. It is serendipity that I mounted the 400 f/5.6 AI-s ED-IF this afternoon on the D800 that will call my place home for a few more days before I send it along to its rightful owner. There is a tree near my home with blossoms on the top and I thought I'd see whether I could reach them and how those extra megapixels might serve in getting a decent crop. This was shot wide open, hand held though
...Show more

I was curious to see if that happened - I don't even notice the difference between the two cameras any more - but then it didn't bother me that much anyway. And as for the 8g card - well, I hate to point it out, but there's a very easy solution to that........

Ben

Jun 30, 2012 at 01:03 AM
bruni
• • •
p.1415 #13 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Rinie Hoff wrote:

Here's the tower of the 'New Church'. Thake that 'new'
...Show more

fantastic Rinie.....really love that vertical stitch

Ben

Jun 30, 2012 at 01:04 AM
montym
• • • •
p.1415 #14 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Well, I'm in the Land of Coffee and Bicycles. THis is all I could come up with so far

NIKON D700    0.0 mm f/0.0 lens    28mm    f/5.6    1/50s    3600 ISO    0.0 EV  

Jun 30, 2012 at 01:07 AM
Reagan
• • • •
p.1415 #15 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Nice colors again Ray
I made it home

Reagan

Jun 30, 2012 at 01:21 AM
Reagan
• • • •
p.1415 #16 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Phillipe, I like the first one best
as always excellent clarity

Reagan

Jun 30, 2012 at 01:22 AM
Reagan
• • • •
p.1415 #17 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Well Done with Nikki, Rinie

Reagan

Jun 30, 2012 at 01:23 AM
Reagan
• • • •
p.1415 #18 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Curtis, You should never have played with the D800
I know what you mean about the grip i played with one in a camera store with my D700 there and I could feel it

Reagan

Jun 30, 2012 at 01:26 AM
montym
• • • •
p.1415 #19 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

My beautiful red haired daughter, Margaret!

The tattoo on her right leg are her grandmother's, her mom's and my favorire flowers. Rose, daisy (I think) and cone flower.

Her left leg, the word "sometimes" a knotted rope. Sometimes her life get all knotted up

Monty

Margie

NIKON D700    0.0 mm f/0.0 lens    105mm    f/2.5    1/6400s    560 ISO    0.0 EV  

Jun 30, 2012 at 01:27 AM
Reagan
• • • •
p.1415 #20 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Not sure who Paul is but I like the shots with the 400

Reagan

Jun 30, 2012 at 01:28 AM
       1416              4171       4172       end

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell