Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              718      
       720              1100       1101       end

Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

joe88
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.719 #1 · p.719 #1 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Very nice Hilmar!

Jun 18, 2013 at 02:08 PM
adamdewilde
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.719 #2 · p.719 #2 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

seekuh - good shots, nice blog post!

Jun 18, 2013 at 04:36 PM
zhangyue
• • • •
p.719 #3 · p.719 #3 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Hilmar, Very nice set of photos. thanks for sharing. The place is so beautiful. I wish I can be there someday.
Ron, the canon 35f2's Bokeh is quite good, I feel it is better than 35cron v1
Joe, this thread is a alt thread now in another form, we no longer use Leica on M

Here is one from Sunday.

35cron V1

Jun 18, 2013 at 04:52 PM
rscheffler
• • • • •
p.719 #4 · p.719 #4 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Cool shot, Michael! It would be interesting to compare the Canon 35/2 against the Cron V1. The image quality from the Canon somewhat surprised me, though the build quality is definitely below that of Leica, Zeiss ZM, older Nikkor RF...
Joe, the Sonnar looks great!
Scott, I haven't seen much from the 35/1.7 and will be interested in what you create with it.
Hilmar - wow - great write-up and images in the full gallery on your site! I saw some of these on your Flickr and love the B&W of the giraffes. I completely agree about how with the 'wider' lenses you've shown a lot more of the environment, rather than the standard long telephoto 'portraits' that are so popular with many wildlife photographers. Might be worth stopping in at the Lumas gallery beside the Leica Store to inquire whether they might be interested? There's at least one other photographer from Munich I follow on Flickr who has done this...

While heading home from trying out the lenses last night, I noticed the neat look of the clouds against the sky (most evident in the last image below). It didn't last that long, so only managed to work it with this location... but for some reason, I really like this garage (and have photographed it and possibly posted it here in the past):

First two with the Canon 35/2. Maybe could have used the 28 Cron instead because I'm torn between showing more sidewalk/road or showing more sky. Maybe a blend of the two in Photoshop?

Canon 50/1.4:

50 Lux ASPH:

Jun 18, 2013 at 05:43 PM
joe88
• • • •
p.719 #5 · p.719 #5 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Thanks guys!

Michael, nice shot of the Beetle with the 35CronV1. Beautiful colors and I really like the rendering of your 35CronV1!

Ron, both Canon 35 and 50s look great! The garage looks more like a shed to me, curious what they have inside. On the 50Lux ASPH shot, it looks as if the cloud formation were shot at different times, cool catch!

Continuing on our ALT Leica M thread, OM Zuiko 50 3.5 Macro

Jun 18, 2013 at 07:21 PM
zhangyue
• • • •
p.719 #6 · p.719 #6 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Ron, the processed file looks very special. I love the color. Hearing build quality is not as good as Leica is a relief to me as I no longer consider explore these beautiful lens. For me, it is a big consideration for lens selection I know, I know, don't laugh at me. I choose Leica R over a bunch of Canikon also for this reason, at least, in additional to optics

Joe, Bokeh looks delicious.

I have mentioned many times about poor flare control of 35cron V1. (it is the achilles heel of v1)

Now let's see one from last Sunday.

'explosion'

Now, I wonder which 28/35 lens particular good at this situation based on your experience? any comments welcome.

Jun 18, 2013 at 09:41 PM
sebboh
• • • • • •
p.719 #7 · p.719 #7 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

zhangyue wrote:
I have mentioned many times about poor flare control of 35cron V1. (it is the achilles heel of v1)

Now let's see one from last Sunday.

'explosion'

Now, I wonder which 28/35 lens particular good at this situation based on your experience? any comments welcome.

woah! you can see the actual aperture blades of the lens in the image. that's crazy!

looks like no oil on the blades though.

Jun 18, 2013 at 10:08 PM
airfrogusmc
• • • •
p.719 #8 · p.719 #8 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

I think it looks interesting.

Jun 18, 2013 at 10:10 PM
zhangyue
• • • •
p.719 #9 · p.719 #9 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

sebboh wrote:
woah! you can see the actual aperture blades of the lens in the image. that's crazy!

looks like no oil on the blades though.

Yeh, My copy is mint condition

Thanks for comments, Allen. I wonder how 35lux ASPH Fle in this regard? I heard good thing about new 35 f2.5 Leica. It will be a good buy for around $1100.

However, with careful control, you can also get this from 35cron V1

also from past Sunday.

Jun 18, 2013 at 10:24 PM
joe88
• • • •
p.719 #10 · p.719 #10 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

The FLE and 35 2.5 summarit m flares the least. All of my other 35s flares - 35 lux asph. 35 cron asph and pre asph. Even my 60 year old w-nikkor 35 1.8 handles flare better than the 35crons. Others might want to chip in on the ZMs or CV35 1.2?

Jun 18, 2013 at 10:33 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

joe88
• • • •
p.719 #11 · p.719 #11 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Michael, have you sent the lens back to Leica for checking? Sometimes the front element could be misaligned or it could be scratched to cause what you are seeing?

How's this for a 1950s Canon 35 1.8 ltm flare? This was the worse example I have on this lens, otherwise its mostly veiling or ghosting

28Cron

35Lux ASPH (before FLE)

Jun 18, 2013 at 10:59 PM
Mescalamba
• • • •
p.719 #12 · p.719 #12 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Heh thats most ridiculous flare I ever saw.. Tho in case of this image, I think it might be actually very interesting sorta?

Jun 18, 2013 at 11:36 PM
Gary Clennan
• • • • •
p.719 #13 · p.719 #13 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Hilmar - congratulations. It looks like a wonderful place to visit.

Michael - great color in the beetle. PP is spot on. I really like that flare in your other pic for some reason....

Ron - that Canon 35/2 looks to be a very good performer.

Joe - Zuiko - say what? It's hard to keep up with you...

Jun 18, 2013 at 11:41 PM
redisburning
• • •
Account locked
p.719 #14 · p.719 #14 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

joe88 wrote:
Continuing on our ALT Leica M thread, OM Zuiko 50 3.5 Macro

one of my favorites.

do you have the f2 version?

Jun 19, 2013 at 12:52 AM
Gary Clennan
• • • • •
p.719 #15 · p.719 #15 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

A few from last weekend camping....

50lux pre-asph e46

50lux pre-asph e46

50lux pre-asph e46

35cron ASPH

90cron pre-AA

Jun 19, 2013 at 01:00 AM
jojomon11
• • • • •
p.719 #16 · p.719 #16 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

rscheffler wrote:
Thanks guys. It was fun to meet up with Eric and some Toronto area photographers. I should note some of the images, like the fifth and last one, were cropped a fair amount.

Phil: I like the 21 Lux a lot, with certain caveats. Even with the 21/1.8 now available from Voigtlander, I still think it's a pretty unique lens if you're looking for both light gathering ability at this focal length and maximum subject/background separation. The Voigtlander is comparatively sharp wide open and the background blur difference is not considerable in the center of the frame. Where these lenses differ
...Show more

Thanks Ron for the awesome explanation, and the explanation with the sample, I see it now

Phil

Jun 19, 2013 at 01:18 AM
joe88
• • • •
p.719 #17 · p.719 #17 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Gary, excellent varied set, love them all! The vista with the 35Cron is superb! Where is this place?

redisburning wrote:
do you have the f2 version?

Nope, its the 50 f/3.5 version. Zuiko 50 and 90/2 Macro is supposed to be great but I decided to start with the 50 f/3.5 because of its lower price. Macro Extension tube arriving later this week, should be fun, but now I seem to want a 60Macro-R too, not sure how much better it is over the Zuiko 50/3.5 Macro though.

Lens only arrived this afternoon and I wanted to take some test shots right away this evening, probably pushing it too hard with ISO3200 handheld and it looks grainy especially on #1 below.

Jun 19, 2013 at 01:27 AM
Gary Clennan
• • • • •
p.719 #18 · p.719 #18 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Thanks Joe. That last pic of yours is really nice. The landscape pic I took was about 1.5hrs South of Calgary near a small town named Vulcan. And yes, they have a big replica of the Starship Enterprise as you enter town. I took it about 10 steps from our campsite...

Jun 19, 2013 at 01:55 AM
redisburning
• • •
Account locked
p.719 #19 · p.719 #19 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

joe88 wrote:
Nope, its the 50 f/3.5 version. Zuiko 50 and 90/2 Macro is supposed to be great but I decided to start with the 50 f/3.5 because of its lower price. Macro Extension tube arriving later this week, should be fun, but now I seem to want a 60Macro-R too, not sure how much better it is over the Zuiko 50/3.5 Macro though.

oh, I know. I actually own both the 3.5 and 2 versions myself.

as far as Macro Elmarit goes, I definitely think it's worth the money. It's a very good lens and probably the best f2.8 macro in that FL ballpark. I ultimately got the Zuiko 50/2 instead since I still shoot OM film cameras. Between the two, the Zuiko is faster, cheaper, and probably not any worse in performance, but is harder to find and has very noticeably hexagonal specular highlights even if it does do really, really well in OoF otherwise.

Jun 19, 2013 at 02:42 AM
joe88
• • • •
p.719 #20 · p.719 #20 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

redisburning wrote:
as far as Macro Elmarit goes, I definitely think it's worth the money. It's a very good lens and probably the best f2.8 macro in that FL ballpark. I ultimately got the Zuiko 50/2 instead since I still shoot OM film cameras.

Sigh, I need the 60 Macro-R. Its that good and not just the Leica name huh? Thanks for the info! You might want to consider a M240 to shoot your OM lenses in full frame glory Any opinions on the Zuiko 35 shift lens?

Jun 19, 2013 at 02:57 AM

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password