Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              650      
       652              942       943       end

Leica M8/M9/X1 Picture Thread

wstan

Upload & Sell: Off
p.651 #1 · Leica M8/M9/X1 Picture Thread

Thanks, seekuh

Feb 22, 2013 at 01:19 PM
joakim
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.651 #2 · Leica M8/M9/X1 Picture Thread

Thank you Winston and I also think that is great photo.

Winterscapes with the 35 Summicron and the 50 Summilux.

Feb 22, 2013 at 07:25 PM
seekuh
• •
p.651 #3 · Leica M8/M9/X1 Picture Thread

Joakim, love the second and third shot.

Feb 22, 2013 at 08:20 PM
joe88
• • • •
p.651 #4 · Leica M8/M9/X1 Picture Thread

Winston, very nice B&W shot with the 90 Summarit.
Joakim, excellent winterscapes! #1 & 4 are my favorites.

So anyone on this thread still on the fence for the M240 or have decided to stick to the M9?

Feb 22, 2013 at 08:33 PM
seekuh
• •
p.651 #5 · Leica M8/M9/X1 Picture Thread

Joe, I'm going to stick with the M9 but will buy the M260 in three years time.

Feb 22, 2013 at 08:35 PM
joe88
• • • •
p.651 #6 · Leica M8/M9/X1 Picture Thread

seekuh wrote:
Joe, I'm going to stick with the M9 but will buy the M260 in three years time.

Probably not a bad idea and I might do the same.

Feb 22, 2013 at 09:30 PM
rscheffler
• • • •
p.651 #7 · Leica M8/M9/X1 Picture Thread

I will likely wait for M240 production versions to ship and determine if the banding seen in preproduction images has been resolved. If it hasn't, it will be a difficult decision because otherwise, the 240 addresses pretty much all of the M9's weaknesses, for my needs.

Joe - good one of your son. That's pretty much me every morning. If I could, I would probably sleep forever.
Edward & Charles - great as always!
Michael - enjoyed the geometric series, particularly 3 & 6 of the full set. So how long did it take for building security to come around and ask what you were doing in the stairwell?
Joakim - very nice scenes. Looks like you've expanded your lens inventory? Is the 35 Cron a new addition?

A few more post-snowstorm shots..

50 Lux ASPH:

90 Summarit:

Feb 22, 2013 at 09:46 PM
zhangyue
• • • •
p.651 #8 · Leica M8/M9/X1 Picture Thread

Joakim, Lovely winter photos. My favorite from both set are #1. especially the tree shot.
Winston, as Hilmar said, another wonderful BW.
Joe, I want it, but my wife doesn't Joke aside, I haven't decided yet, If I don't have M9 and want try a M system, I will preorder it for sure, but now, I dont feel really limited by M9's offer. My eyes are on 6d or NEX7n/9 or FUJI right now for non rangefinder stuff. I need analysis what I really need for M system give me for "a lot" more money.

35cron

50lux

a portrait by hangzhou xihu lake 50cron Rigid

Portraits by 50lux WO

Feb 22, 2013 at 09:57 PM
zhangyue
• • • •
p.651 #9 · Leica M8/M9/X1 Picture Thread

Ron, We post at the same time.

I get inspiration from you for those stairway shots. The beauty of RF is: the real world is a big picture in front of you, you just need to do the crop through viewfinder which is quick. quick crop, frame, quick focus, No tripod, NO LV That is the habit get from take kids picture

Another Excellent set, nice composition and great clarity and color, AGAIN. My favorite are 2, 3 and last one.

Feb 22, 2013 at 10:31 PM
joakim
• • •
p.651 #10 · Leica M8/M9/X1 Picture Thread

Thank you Hilmar, Joe, Ron and Michael.

Ron, good to see you have some nice winter weather. I like the perspective of the first and also the third photo. The 35 Summicron is actually my first M lens but I have rarely used it since I got the Summilux and I am really slow when it comes to selling gear.
Michael, I enjoyed all three of the portraits.

I haven't decided about the M 240 yet, there are a lot of things I like about it but also some (possible) negatives not to mention it is a large investment. I have pre-ordered one but I was late to the game so I don't think I will have to decide until after the summer. Even if the M9 has its faults and quirks it is the same faults and quirks it had when I got it and it have served me very well so far.

Feb 22, 2013 at 11:00 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

joe88
• • • •
p.651 #11 · Leica M8/M9/X1 Picture Thread

Ron, excellent set, each time I see snowscapes with "miniature" people in them, I'm always reminded of Bruguel's winter landscape paintings. Like 1,2 &3 a lot. BTW, if I have a choice I would like to sleep in too

Michael, is that the same plane? Very nice portraits with the 50Cron and Lux. I agree with you, M9 is still a good camera. You really should give the RX1 a try, perfect since you seem to like the 35FL? Like your 35CronV1 and 35 Lux-R?

-----
With Magnum photographer Constantine Manos last summer. BTW, he prints with both Epson 9900 and 4900. Absolutely stunning color prints. M9 28Cron.

Feb 22, 2013 at 11:12 PM
wstan

p.651 #12 · Leica M8/M9/X1 Picture Thread

Thanks Joe and Joakim \

Nice winter shots, Joakim and Ron. I don't have winter, of course but I love when I had a chance to experience it.

Joe, I'd stick with my M9 for now even though it has messed RF at 35 and 90mm - and I plan on getting an M-E due to the lack of good photos from M 240 so far - although Sean Reid's review gave me a bit of hope.

Yes, I'd love an Epson 4900, too

Feb 23, 2013 at 01:04 AM
douglasf13
• • • • •
p.651 #13 · Leica M8/M9/X1 Picture Thread

joe88 wrote:

-----
With Magnum photographer Constantine Manos last summer. BTW, he prints with both Epson 9900 and 4900. Absolutely stunning color prints. M9 28Cron.

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8229/8478079236_11de6e62cf_b.jpg

Awesome, Joe. I was just listening to this interview with Mr. Manos last night. link to radio interview with Manos

He talks a lot about technique and switching to digital.

Feb 23, 2013 at 01:16 AM
joe88
• • • •
p.651 #14 · Leica M8/M9/X1 Picture Thread

Douglas, yes, that was an excellent interview. I have it on my iphone and listen to it when I need a dose of inspiration He has been shooting with two black M9Ps since launch as far as I know. Dedicated Leica user but I am not sure if he still has any R gear left over from his film days. He's made the switch to digital completely and even works with a hybrid workflow to print his older negatives, scanning with a X5 (drool) and printing on Epson printers. I have a feeling Magnum works out some pretty good deals on gear with these manufacturers Wonderful person.

These were shot with my GRD4, hope some of you don't mind if I share it here.

His assistant was scanning some of his Greek Portfolio negatives when I visited his studio.

I was drooling looking at these fiber prints in his studio.

Feb 23, 2013 at 01:54 AM
wstan

p.651 #15 · Leica M8/M9/X1 Picture Thread

The pillars of Residenz - M9, 28 Elmarit ASPH at iso320

Feb 23, 2013 at 01:58 AM
joe88
• • • •
p.651 #16 · Leica M8/M9/X1 Picture Thread

Excellent shot, Winston! Munich? You seem to travel a lot Have you considered sending the M9 back for calibration?

Feb 23, 2013 at 02:08 AM
Gary Clennan
• • • •
p.651 #17 · Leica M8/M9/X1 Picture Thread

Michael - really like that third shot a lot! I admire the PP skills of you guys. I really have to put more effort into that essential aspect of photography.

Feb 23, 2013 at 02:16 AM
wstan

p.651 #18 · Leica M8/M9/X1 Picture Thread

joe88 wrote:
Excellent shot, Winston! Munich? You seem to travel a lot Have you considered sending the M9 back for calibration?

Hi Joe, thanks! yes that was Munich last month I usually travel about 3 times a year. Since I live on the equator, I got to pick either Northern or Southern hemisphere. Yes, I think about sending the M9 to Solms - after I get a second body. If I send it back now I will be Leica-less for at least a month. Some friends suggested me to sell the M9 and just get a new M-E. So I'm still thinking

Feb 23, 2013 at 02:57 AM
douglasf13
• • • • •
p.651 #19 · Leica M8/M9/X1 Picture Thread

Very cool, thanks Joe!

Feb 23, 2013 at 03:48 AM
rscheffler
• • • •
p.651 #20 · Leica M8/M9/X1 Picture Thread

Thanks guys!

Michael - gorgeous portraits! Interesting character in all of them.
Joe - that must have been a fabulous experience. Would also be great to have an assistant to scan all my film images!
Winston - very nice, and a spot I'm quite familiar with. Did you go across Odeonsplatz and visit the Leica store?

Here are a few from the day before the others, during the storm...

These first two are my attempt to at a Sigma Merrill look

28 Cron:

CV12:

21 SEM:

28 Cron, f/2 and f/8:

Feb 23, 2013 at 06:55 AM

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register