Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              645      
       647              1081       1082       end

Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

seekuh
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.646 #1 · p.646 #1 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

zhangyue wrote:
Andrew, That is paint like rendering from PA50lux.
Ryan, I like the way you use bright spots in your frame. They give life to the foto.
Joe, excellent portrait. I know You want show us there is little point for 50cron APO

Andy, thanks for sharing. Is that Camerawest? The first set, PA50lux is slightly back focused, and 2nd one show that the lens is capable to produce high quality Portrait. Though I feel Zeiss Sonnar might have even more contrast in focus plane. I have to try that lens someday myself.

Hilmar, thanks for the updating. And full
...Show more

The M240 ist too much money for me right now. I'm very happy with the M9 apart from its high ISO performance. I'm going to shoot a wedding in September which is going to be quite a challenge with the M9.

Feb 15, 2013 at 08:40 PM
ryankarr
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.646 #2 · p.646 #2 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

rscheffler wrote:
Yes, a Series 8/VIII filter will fit in the hood, which acts as a retaining ring. Good luck finding someone with that size ND filter in stock. I ended up buying a cheap Tiffen 0.7 ND off the bay. It works, but also adds a bit of a green/cyan overall colour shift, so I'm not entirely happy with it. I tried B&H for a B+W ND (don't recall which version) and was informed by them that they could no longer order it from B+W. I was informed by www.2filter.com that they could get something from B+W, but would take 4-6
...Show more

30 seconds before reading this I hit "Buy" at B&H. They have B+W MRC 0.6 ND Series 8 filters in stock!

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=orderHistory&A=details&Q=&sku=120755&is=REG

Feb 15, 2013 at 08:43 PM
carstenw
• • • • • •
p.646 #3 · p.646 #3 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

An interview with Herr Dr. Kaufmann (unfortunate position he is holding the camera in):

Interview with Herr Dr. Kaufmann

Edited on Feb 15, 2013 at 09:01 PM · View previous versions

Feb 15, 2013 at 08:54 PM
rscheffler
• • • •
p.646 #4 · p.646 #4 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

naturephoto1 wrote:
Ron,

What size ND filter do you need? Bob Singh- Singh-Ray filters will make up pretty much anything that you want. But, you may need to supply him with the filter ring to make the filter, in fact they could replace the glass in your Tiffen filter. I have used Singh-Ray filters for quite some time. The filter could probably be made of resin or glass. They make the most neutral filters that I know of for color, what they are either uncoated or single coated I believe. I am not sure of what the cost might be, but a call
...Show more

Hi Rich, that's very good to know!

I just had a look at the Series VIII I have and the ring appears to be about 63mm in diameter, to the outside edges. Does anyone have a 62mm screw-in filter they could measure for the outside diameter? I'm wondering if this might be a possible option in place of an actual Series VIII? There is about 1mm of leeway in the 21 Lux's hood for a slightly larger diameter filter, but it would be a very tight fit. Only issue might be that the screw-in filter's ring might be too high, but some filing would take care of that. Otherwise, maybe a 60mm filter would do the trick. Might also come in handy should I ever pick up a Nocti or 75 Lux.

Joe - great examples from the 50 Cron and the portrait feels very snappy too. No need for the 50AA.
Michael - love your kids shots.

Some more with the 50 Lux ASPH:

Feb 15, 2013 at 08:57 PM
rscheffler
• • • •
p.646 #5 · p.646 #5 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

rscheffler wrote:
Yes, a Series 8/VIII filter will fit in the hood, which acts as a retaining ring. Good luck finding someone with that size ND filter in stock. I ended up buying a cheap Tiffen 0.7 ND off the bay. It works, but also adds a bit of a green/cyan overall colour shift, so I'm not entirely happy with it. I tried B&H for a B+W ND (don't recall which version) and was informed by them that they could no longer order it from B+W. I was informed by www.2filter.com that they could get something from B+W, but would take 4-6
...Show more
ryankarr wrote:
30 seconds before reading this I hit "Buy" at B&H. They have B+W MRC 0.6 ND Series 8 filters in stock!

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=orderHistory&A=details&Q=&sku=120755&is=REG

Haha, wow. Thanks for that. I should have double checked before posting. Hopefully they really do have it in stock. I think when I ordered, it was listed as available in 4-6 weeks, then later got an email from them saying they couldn't get it. It was for the #103 which is 0.9 and non-MRC. Looks like they now only list the 0.3 and 0.6 MRC, and still showing the 0.6 as in-stock. Hmm... for the Lux 0.6 will be OK to achieve f/1.4 @ 1/4000. I was leaning more to 0.9 in case I wanted in the off chance to do something with longer shutter speeds or wider aperture at maximum flash sync. But for the latter 0.9 wouldn't be enough for wider than f/4 and could instead use the 21SEM for the same effect...

Feb 15, 2013 at 09:08 PM
zhangyue
• • • •
p.646 #6 · p.646 #6 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

carstenw wrote:
An interview with Herr Dr. Kaufmann (unfortunate position he is holding the camera in):

Interview with Herr Dr. Kaufmann

Feb 15, 2013 at 09:20 PM
lenticular11
• • •
p.646 #7 · p.646 #7 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

zhangyue wrote:

Yes, the good doctor is carrying his Leica obsession a bit too far (or is that a bit too low?)

Feb 15, 2013 at 10:11 PM
carstenw
• • • • • •
p.646 #8 · p.646 #8 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

To be honest, if I were interviewed by Joy Villa, I might hold my camera in the same position.

My apologies for a lame joke to the women of the Alt forum on FM.

Feb 15, 2013 at 10:18 PM
joe88
• • • •
p.646 #9 · p.646 #9 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

its actually quite funny Carsten, thanks for sharing

Feb 15, 2013 at 10:42 PM
wstan

p.646 #10 · p.646 #10 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

I think there's too much Joy on the left half of the frame

Feb 16, 2013 at 12:26 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

edwardkaraa
• • • • •
p.646 #11 · p.646 #11 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Feb 16, 2013 at 04:13 AM
zhangyue
• • • •
p.646 #12 · p.646 #12 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

A street attempt. Pre-focused, wait for the moment

Feb 16, 2013 at 06:47 AM
wstam

p.646 #13 · p.646 #13 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

More from the street of restaurants in Melbourne. It was quite dim. All taken with ISO1250.

A color version:

All with M9|ZM35f2

Thanks for looking.

Feb 16, 2013 at 12:51 PM
rscheffler
• • • •
p.646 #14 · p.646 #14 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

I found the video a bit painful to watch, actually. First there was how he was holding the camera but it was primarily the interview style/method that was a bit too on-the-fly, off-the-top-of-my-head.

But I enjoyed browsing Thorsten's site once more. Looks like he's recently added the older and newer Nocti to his repertoire.

Good one Michael.
Enjoyable sequence, location and subjects, WeeSin.

Here are some of the truck in Andrew's earlier images:

50 Lux ASPH except third with 21 SEM.

Feb 16, 2013 at 04:58 PM
joe88
• • • •
p.646 #15 · p.646 #15 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Thanks Ron Nice colors from the art installation. Those truck shots look like they came out of a Bladerunner or sci-fimovie, superb!
Michael, good timing on that street shot, very nice.
wstam, very nice set!

--
M9 28Cron

Feb 16, 2013 at 06:10 PM
dalegaspi
• •
p.646 #16 · p.646 #16 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

"The M9's sensor has a rather narrow dynamic range compared to other modern options, and a modern Leica or Zeiss ZM lens with much better light transmission characteristics carry a very broad range of tonalities that can exceed the capability of the sensor."

...ah yes...better light transmission characteristics...that makes sense. thanks.

Feb 16, 2013 at 06:56 PM
joakim
• • •
p.646 #17 · p.646 #17 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Many great photos since I posted last time, which was something like 8-9 pages back, so it is good to see that quality and quantity can go hand in hand!

Nice perspective Joe but it makes me longing for my 28 Summicron that I only took out for a spin once before I sent it of for calibration.

Another thing I'm longing for is the sun, it must be almost a week now since I last saw it. Good light or not, today I went out shooting anyway.

Tree-quartet, first with 90 Elmarit then it's the 50 Summilux

Feb 16, 2013 at 07:14 PM
ryankarr
• • •
p.646 #18 · p.646 #18 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Ron, I love the first 2 truck photos.
Joe, I almost thought you had 2 separate photos side-by-side. Very cool effect between the different heights and different wood tones. The symmetry nerd in me loves the fact that the planks below are completely parallel to the edge of the balcony.
joakim, #3 and #4 really work for me. I really like on #4 everything converging on the bottom right corner,

One with the MM and 35 Cron:

L1004519 by ryankarr, on Flickr

Feb 16, 2013 at 10:26 PM
thrice
• • • •
p.646 #19 · p.646 #19 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Some shots of some interesting ancient volcanic formations at the national park up the road from me.
Still floors me how sharp and free from aberrations the 21/3.4 Super-Elmar-M is.

Feb 17, 2013 at 06:44 AM
rscheffler
• • • •
p.646 #20 · p.646 #20 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Thanks guys!

Joe - that's a great find. I agree with Ryan. At first I thought it was two separate images beside each other. Love the lines!
Joakim - I'm partial to the 50 Lux trio. I find the compositions more immersive due to the selective focus. Of the three, I most like the diagonals of the last one.
Ryan - nice moment!
Dan - Very cool compositions and subject matter. I completely agree with you about the 21 SEM. If I had a 5000 pixel wide monitor, I'd be looking at my 21 SEM landscapes at full rez just to take in the clarity of the images. Just the right amount of sharpness and so much detail. I'll say it again - it's a real 'bargain' lens from Leica! I'd like to see a 14/4 with the same performance (and similar price) to one-up the ZE/ZF 15, Nikon 14-24, etc.. Mind you, the CV12 and 15 aren't bad either.

Was down by our waterfront this evening just as the sun was setting. One of the ships that is moored at the pier over the winter:

50 Lux ASPH:

28 Cron:

90 Summarit:

50 Lux ASPH:

28 Cron:

21 Lux:

Feb 17, 2013 at 07:07 AM

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell