p.644 #2 · p.644 #2 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Thaaanks Gary!

May 08, 2013 at 03:21 PM
zhangyue
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.644 #3 · p.644 #3 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Bijltje wrote:
May I ask why your looking specifically for the 90 AA? Are u aware the 90AA has 55e filters and the others use 46e?
The 90 elmarit-m and 90 summarit use 46e filters as well.

I also have a question about long lenses:

I'm orientating myself for a longer lens after using a canon 85mm I borrowed. My longest lens till now is the 50 cron.
There are so many choices to pick from I kinda lost sight.

What I find important, I have both crons 28 and 35. I love the 28 because of its rendering and vignetting. The 35 is
...Show more

Robert, I had 90 Elmarit-M, the lens is very modern and share 46mm common filter. F2.8 is about right that I can consistently focus it. However, I sold it for three reason:

1. For normal portrait, I can simply move my feet to get exact shot by 50mm without worry too much about focus error.

2. For long shot, I have found the frame accuracy is not good for my need, for 21, we might get 2% error over the frame, for 35, maybe 5%, for 50, maybe 10%, but 90, I got almost 20% error that changing with distance, it is too compromised for me. Since I have no plan to add M240 in near future. I decide part with it.

3. Rendering, I feel the lens is very modern, sharp and high contrast. It is almost a baby 90AA. It is a good tool, but is not the way I preferred now. Also, f2.8 is kind of slow. So this lens goes to the group that I donít really like it for no obvious reason.

For the time being, I decide to limit my RF lens to 50mm and shorter, If you let me chose, I will pick one from 90 pre-AA, 75 ELmarit, 75lux or 75corn. And I will get 75cron (sell your 35cron) if price right and if I am into longer focal length again. I know Luka didnít like it, however, I feel the lens almost a twin to 50lux, and a good match for 28cron: sharp and gentle with nice bokeh. I have seen many good portrait from that lens and I know it can do landscape from its MTF. I have recently find I start like 50lux more and more especially after it went to repair.

May 08, 2013 at 05:34 PM
zhangyue
• • • •
p.644 #4 · p.644 #4 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

I got the quote from Leica NJ, the hood $88, and aperture ring $40, and mount $798. These all are purely cosmetic fix. What will you do, guys? I am toward only fix hood and aperture. There is a dent on DOF scale which requires whole mount replaced.

Edwards, nice series from 85mm.
Phil, I love the photo, a wonderful portrait and story, the little girlís eyes are striking.
Joe, nice high contrast BW shot from Street.
Ryan, lovely set, you did the same thing I was in FL with only 21 biogon on my M9. But I regret I didnít shoot more 50/35 focal length on that trip.
Bruno, Congratulation! Like #1.

At least a photo

50cron Rigid should be WO for both

May 08, 2013 at 05:48 PM
Gary Clennan
• • • • •
p.644 #5 · p.644 #5 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Nice Michael. Do you have a pic of the damaged lens you could share? I would be tempted to just replace the hood and ring. Although a damaged mount could possibly throw off the focus accuracy?

May 08, 2013 at 07:07 PM
zhangyue
• • • •
p.644 #6 · p.644 #6 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Gary Clennan wrote:
Nice Michael. Do you have a pic of the damaged lens you could share? I would be tempted to just replace the hood and ring. Although a damaged mount could possibly throw off the focus accuracy?

Gary, thanks for your reply. I didn't take any picture until I decide sell the lens The damage should be really
cosmetic but is not small as a din. Your reply remind me that I should give Leica a call to ask if there is any impact on focusing. as the mount itself seems intact. I just need you guys thought before my final decision is made.

May 08, 2013 at 08:51 PM
joe88
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.644 #7 · p.644 #7 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Thanks Ryan, Michael, Gary.

Bruno, congrats on the MM! Nice set! So which lenses are you keeping?
Ryan, great work with the 21Lux. #2 is my favorite on this set.
Michael, nice set with the 50Cron rigid. As to your repairs, it sounds expensive but I guess not unexpected since a new lens cost over $3k? I'll fix it if it were mine, and then maybe sell it off later since its already at Leica repair center.

----
21 Ultron - stopped down, this lens is way sharper and better than I expected.

May 08, 2013 at 08:59 PM
jeremy_clay
• • • • • •
p.644 #8 · p.644 #8 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

M240/summi 50mm

May 08, 2013 at 09:13 PM
andy_king
• •
p.644 #9 · p.644 #9 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Leica Apo-Macro-Elmarit-R 100/2.8:

May 08, 2013 at 09:23 PM
zhangyue
• • • •
p.644 #10 · p.644 #10 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

joe88 wrote:
Michael, nice set with the 50Cron rigid. As to your repairs, it sounds expensive but I guess not unexpected since a new lens cost over $3k? I'll fix it if it were mine, and then maybe sell it off later since its already at Leica repair center.

Joe, thanks for comments Another nice BW capture.

I know it that I just 'drop' $1000 from that accident. However, I have no plan to sell it, either with or without cosmetic fix. The only reason they need replace mount is because of DOF scale and mount is the same piece. I have called them, they will call me back tomorrow. Their service has always been good.

I requested changing my Gray M9 cover to M9-P type of leather cover, it will give my M9 a new life that I can hold longer to M240.

Jeremy, welcome to the thread
Andy, Nice bokeh from those, I assume they are from M240.

Looks like M9 users do become minority here as Ed said

One from Hangzhou
35cron V1

May 08, 2013 at 10:05 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

airfrogusmc
• • • • •
p.644 #11 · p.644 #11 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Edited on May 12, 2013 at 01:17 PM · View previous versions

May 09, 2013 at 02:18 AM
rscheffler
• • • • •
p.644 #12 · p.644 #12 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Nice set Allen!
Andy, were those with the M240?
Joe - glad you're liking the CV21/1.8!
Michael - if it was me, I would likely only repair the aperture ring and hood. If the ding doesn't affect handling and image quality, then the ~$800 cost of repair likely won't be recouped by you at any time. You'll spend that money to get the lens back to current used market value, whereas leaving it you'll take a bit of a resale hit. So IMO, it's a wash. Since you don't plan to sell it, it's $800 out of pocket.

I'm still shooting the M9

But I am thinking more about the M240...

Lake Erie. 50 Lux ASPH & 90 Summarit:

May 09, 2013 at 04:46 AM
zhangyue
• • • •
p.644 #13 · p.644 #13 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Allen, love that #1.
Ron, What a nice capture. Such a beautiful scenery. and thanks for your suggestion! I think that make sense. The $800 fix bill most likely will be just for myself if I choose to fix. I think I might be able to sell the lens with a small ding like that at around $2600-2800, but 2nd hand price of 50lux is like $3200 and keep dropping. Most likely I won't even be able to recover that cost. I have no willing to sell it. I can add more 50mm in my bag, but which one can replace it? none! I will wait for Leica's call tomorrow to see.

A 50lux portrait at f1.4 or f2.

May 09, 2013 at 07:59 AM
edwardkaraa
• • • • •
p.644 #14 · p.644 #14 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Thank you Ryan for the comments. Lovely portraits with beautiful lighting as usual.

Bruno, congrats for the M10 (I hate the 240 name) and nice artist's portraits.

Joe, very nice work with the CV lenses.

Jeremy, amazing shots especially with the R 100/2.8.

Ron, wonderful composition and colors. The rendering of the 2 lenses seems to match as well.

Zhangyue, that last portrait is gorgeous!

Allen, love the 1st shot.

May 09, 2013 at 08:49 AM
airfrogusmc
• • • • •
p.644 #15 · p.644 #15 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Thanks EVERYONE and I know I sound like a broken record but inspiring work one and all.

I have been so busy with the stuff that pays the mortgage I haven't been able ot get out much or tune in and comment over here. I got out for an hour or so yesterday and hope to get out some later today or maybe tomorrow and shoot some for just me. I also need to go through some of the pages here and spend some time because this thread really moves.

May 09, 2013 at 12:23 PM
bruniroquai
• •
p.644 #16 · p.644 #16 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Something new:

Nice hat! por Bruno Gracia, en Flickr

German Sheperd por Bruno Gracia, en Flickr

couple por Bruno Gracia, en Flickr

ramunas por Bruno Gracia, en Flickr

May 09, 2013 at 01:19 PM
airfrogusmc
• • • • •
p.644 #17 · p.644 #17 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

May 09, 2013 at 07:06 PM
airfrogusmc
• • • • •
p.644 #18 · p.644 #18 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

May 09, 2013 at 07:18 PM
joe88
• • • •
p.644 #19 · p.644 #19 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Thanks Michael, Ron, Edward

Michael, excellent shots with the 35CronV1 and 50Lux! 35CronV1 is really impressive. As for your 50Lux, if it was me, I would just repair it while its there and get over with it, even though its expensive. Leica labor and repair prices are not fixed and it could be even more expensive in the future if you change your mind for resale or other reasons. And you would have to go through the hassle of sending it in and getting quotes, waiting, etc.

Allen, excellent street shots! First one is my favorite

Ron, excellent set! 90 Summarit looking really good in your hands!

Bruno, nice set with with the Mono.

-----
CV 50 1.1 @ f/1.1

May 09, 2013 at 09:40 PM
airfrogusmc
• • • • •
p.644 #20 · p.644 #20 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Thanks Joe nicely seen and really nice bokeh.....

May 09, 2013 at 10:00 PM
1       2       3              643      
       645              1380       1381       end

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              643      
       645              1380       1381       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password