FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              640      
       642              2351       2352       end

Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

zhangyue
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.641 #1 · p.641 #1 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

Ed, I agree their service is always good. But is it the way luxury brand should be? Just like Lexus, Audi service is way different than Toyota here

Before sleep, I will upload another batch of 50lux photo. I start miss it more no matter what, 50lux is very consistent performer under all condition, all aperture, well, if you can make it focus well. (now, I believe it is the FLE cause its drift over the time. it is a complicated movement both way when focusing, so mechanic requirement must be high)

f5.6

WO

May 04, 2013 at 03:03 AM
edwardkaraa
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.641 #2 · p.641 #2 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

WOW! Zhangyue, that set above is amazing!

Just wondering what raw converter are you using and what settings?

May 04, 2013 at 03:17 AM
rattymouse
• • • • •
p.641 #3 · p.641 #3 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

edwardkaraa wrote:
M9 ZM 50/2

http://www.zeissimages.com/gallery/689/U689I1367411922.SEQ.2.jpg

Absolutely fantastic shot here Edward.

May 04, 2013 at 04:00 AM
edwardkaraa
• • • • • •
p.641 #4 · p.641 #4 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

rattymouse wrote:
Absolutely fantastic shot here Edward.

Thank you RM. Much appreciated.

May 04, 2013 at 04:18 AM
Gary Clennan
• • • • •
p.641 #5 · p.641 #5 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

Ron - very nice work. I love the light and texture in all of the shots.

Michael - great set! Processing is spot on. Your skills at focusing moving targets wide open is impressive!

May 04, 2013 at 09:08 AM
zhangyue
• • • • •
p.641 #6 · p.641 #6 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

Thanks for comments, Edward, and Gary.

Edward, most of time, I use lightroom4 with the profile from overggard's review:

https://sites.google.com/site/chromasoft/referenceimages

I feel it give similar to embedded results, but vastly different than LR default setting, especially in green, blue, purple hue and saturation.

From there, I do individual tweak for contrast, color hue, saturation slider, usually less than several mins tweak max,(the more experience working on M9's file, the less time needed. ) and the images change with my mood. That is why I like raw so much, many time, I found the pic have a brand new life with my skill improved or I get some inspiration somewhere.

I also add some grain recently for no Landscape stuff, (15-25; 25-35; 50 in LR setting) as it feel less perfect/clean/digital to me, especially view 100%. I am not that technical orientated in photography, wouldn't mind the images not as sharp, color not as real, DR not as big etc as long as images are interesting to me.

Hope it helps one way or the other

BTW, that two kitten shot also is my favorite from your set. Their eyes, scary, sad, curious, tell me story

May 04, 2013 at 11:33 AM
edwardkaraa
• • • • • •
p.641 #7 · p.641 #7 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

Thank you very much Zhangyue for the detailed explanation of your PP. Wow, that's a lot of stuff to digest. Mine is very simple, only wb and contrast.

May 04, 2013 at 11:41 AM
zhangyue
• • • • •
p.641 #8 · p.641 #8 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

edwardkaraa wrote:
Thank you very much Zhangyue for the detailed explanation of your PP. Wow, that's a lot of stuff to digest. Mine is very simple, only wb and contrast.

My results might be even worse than default It is almost a habit to do individually suit my taste or theme of photo I thought. Many times, m9's output is too much for portrait to my taste.

May 04, 2013 at 12:04 PM
edwardkaraa
• • • • • •
p.641 #9 · p.641 #9 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

A lazy shot from my balcony with the ZM 50/2

May 04, 2013 at 12:18 PM
joe88
• • • •
p.641 #10 · p.641 #10 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

Thanks Ron, Taylor, Edward

Ron, another excellent set of Fort Erie. Pic #3 and the view across the river shot are my favorites from this set. Yes, we can never have enough 50mm lenses, but more like we can never have enough of M and LTM mount lenses of any focal range? I should have picked up some of those vintage lenses before Steve Huff and Ashwin published their findings. I also like the 50Lux pre ASPH. I might try the E43 version at some point, also for the same reason as you, given the rendering of the Nocti 1.0 and 75Lux at a lower cost. Have you considered any of the Russian lenses, especially the Jupiter 3 which is a copy of the pre-war Zeiss 50 1.5 Sonnar?

Gary, looking forward to your shots with the Canon 50 1.4 ltm and M240. If I can find a good copy at a reasonable price, I will probably want to give it a try as well. The bokeh seems quite smooth from the samples I've seen posted on the internet.

Michael, nice shot of the leaves with the 50Lux ASPH. The second shot with the girl and dog is superb. Absence makes the heart grow fonder?

Edward, excellent sunset scene and superb contrast with the ferris wheel and the buildings. Sigh, I think I need to put some $$ down for a ZM50P soon. Not sure if I should get a ZM50P or a 50Cron rigid first.

-----
edwardkaraa wrote:
I don't think the nokton will work as well in color. I checked many online samples and was not really convinced. The focus shift made me resell the C Sonnar after less than a month of ownership, but when I buy the M10, things might change

Edward, I'll post some shots in color when my M240 returns from Solms and let you know. Actually, the M240 and live view is also partly the reason to risk trying out the 50 1.1 with its known focus shift issues. I did some test last night on a tripod and back focus on my copy starts at f/2 and requires f/8 to catch up, ie. f/2 to f/5.6 is pretty useless with RF focusing unless you guestimate manually. On my copy, backfocus is already 3-4 inches at f/2 and it also varies depending on actual focal distance due to spherical aberrations. Resolution at f/1.1 is decent but has very low contrast and need to be careful not to overexpose, else glow (SA) will overwhelm the image. Both resolution and contrast increase significantly at f/1.4. Also I noticed that the out of focus background becomes busy in bright daylight shots but is somewhat smoother in lower or less contrasty lighting. Again, could be SA and other aberrations?

----
A few more with the CV 50 1.1 @ f/1.1 I think those who buy this lens expecting shallow DOF similar to the Nocti will be disappointed. The out of focus rendering on the CV 50 1.1 is not as shallow and the depth seems to be more like a f/1.4 or f/2 lens at times. But it is a true f/1.1 lens, at least in the image center which makes it worthwhile for low light situations. Using this lens makes me appreciate the Noctis even more.

May 04, 2013 at 02:44 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

jojomon11
• • • • •
p.641 #11 · p.641 #11 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

Love that last shot Joe!

Nice lazy Shot Edwards, I wish I was lazy, nice capture wonderful colors

Few from today with Mono / 35 1.4 asph fle, and 90 4 elmar (love the elmar) and ND filters on both lens (high light heaven)

I do miss color sometimes

Phil

Edited on May 04, 2013 at 06:06 PM · View previous versions

May 04, 2013 at 05:57 PM
jojomon11
• • • • •
p.641 #12 · p.641 #12 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

few more....

Edited on May 04, 2013 at 08:29 PM · View previous versions

May 04, 2013 at 06:00 PM
airfrogusmc
• • • • • •
p.641 #13 · p.641 #13 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

I've bee nso busy with work lately I haven't been stopping in but man when I do these are tons of new images. Great stuff Phil, Edward, Joe and everyone. So inspiring one and all.

One from early today. Graduation...

May 04, 2013 at 06:15 PM
jojomon11
• • • • •
p.641 #14 · p.641 #14 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

Thanks Allen, who is the blond?

Love the grain!!!

Phil

May 04, 2013 at 06:19 PM
airfrogusmc
• • • • • •
p.641 #15 · p.641 #15 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

Its the noise from the MM at 6400 iso and its a nursing student that was at a graduation I was shooting for a one on my university clients. I photographed her a while back for some ads and an annual report.

Heres the shot for that. Not shot with Leica but 5DII and 200 2L.

May 04, 2013 at 06:28 PM
jojomon11
• • • • •
p.641 #16 · p.641 #16 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

^ Oh I remember now, that shot was a few months back

Congratulations on her graduation Allen

Phil

May 04, 2013 at 07:53 PM
airfrogusmc
• • • • • •
p.641 #17 · p.641 #17 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

Phil no relation to me but she is amazing. Beautiful and very smart. She graduated magna cum laude in a very hard program.

May 04, 2013 at 09:07 PM
joe88
• • • •
p.641 #18 · p.641 #18 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

Thanks Phil & Allen.

Phil, superb set, medium format rendering on those shots! Toning also works well. #1 & 2 on the first set and second set #4 of the bike are really excellent.

Allen, nice one from the graduation. The 200L portrait also looks good!

-------
A few with the CV 21 Ulton @ f/1.8

CV 50 1.1 @ f/1.1

May 04, 2013 at 09:13 PM
dalegaspi
• • •
p.641 #19 · p.641 #19 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

a couple from a local auto show today M9 + 35FLE. it was high noon so the high contrast was brutal for the M9.

L1011271_v1 by dalegaspi, on Flickr

L1011265_v1 by dalegaspi, on Flickr

May 04, 2013 at 09:21 PM
Gary Clennan
• • • • •
p.641 #20 · p.641 #20 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

A couple more from last weekend.....

Edited on Dec 14, 2016 at 12:53 PM · View previous versions

May 04, 2013 at 09:33 PM

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.