FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              630      
       632              2354       2355       end

Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

joanlvh
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.631 #1 · p.631 #1 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

Edward. to me #2 is so cool. I am curious as to what you decided about the 50 ZM 1.5, to keep or return ? thank you, joanlvh

Apr 12, 2013 at 12:11 PM
joe88
• • • •
p.631 #2 · p.631 #2 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

Thanks for the comments and likes everyone

Catching up on this thread,
Dexter, excellent set with the 50Lux ASPH and the joker 75/1.8 shot! Also like the perspective and angles on the architectural shot.
Phil, the old film treatment on the B&W portrait looks nostalgic
Ron, thanks for the tips on the color cast and the color moire.
Michael, excellent portraits of your children as always. Love the candid expressions. Are you stocking up on R lenses? What do you think of the 60Macro and 180 APO Telyt 3.4?
Edward, excellent set with the ZM50P. On #2, I presume it was dawn? Really nice. Also interested to find out if you are keeping the 50Sonnar.
Bruno, those high contrast B&W shots are all excellent
Justin, very cool street shots! Which version of the 35Cron?
Robert, excellent set playing with colors and angles.
Joakim, excellent perspective with the 24Elmar.
Edwin, love the first two shots with the 50Lux ASPH. Have you ordered your M240?
Luka, looks like its sunny in Sweden again Excellent set as always, #2 and 3 are my favorites. I think you'll really enjoy the M240 especially with live view for the type of pics you do. Might also make you want to take more pics, so don't wait too long

----
A few more with the M240 and ZM21B. Walking to pick up our older son from Preschool. Really enjoy framing the 21 with EVF. Downside is that it has a shutter lag of approx 0.22s according to tests mentioned in LFI, although sometimes I feel it was longer than that.

Apr 12, 2013 at 03:39 PM
joe88
• • • •
p.631 #3 · p.631 #3 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

A few more from Daytona's Biker's week. Mono with 35FLE. All of these exposures were pushed 3 to over 4 stops in LR4. Was testing pushing the files and yes, there is banding, especially if I increased clarity settings.

Did not use noise reduction in the above pics. As an example, the last shot was pushed 4.3 stops plus slight bump in mid tonal curve. See original exposure and also an approx 100% crop below

Apr 12, 2013 at 03:53 PM
rscheffler
• • • • • •
p.631 #4 · p.631 #4 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

Joe, the one of your son is great. That's quite the push of the MM files. Regarding MM banding, I read in this LUF post that Nik Dfine 2 is effective at removing it. I wonder if anyone here has tried it, not just with the MM but also M9 files that exhibit banding?

BTW, just read this 35 Lux FLE review by Tim Ashley... any thoughts on this? It seems the lens has some complexities that require consideration while shooting. Some of his comments remind me of what I see with the 21 Lux, and to a lesser extent, the 50 Lux ASPH.

Edward, that's quite the color in the second image. The rendering of the first one is also great.
Dexter, great curves in that image. It looks like a location with some potential. Yeah, I liked DPP for the most part. Not being able to do local corrections though was a bummer and meant a lot of work in PS for me. But one of the great features of DPP was the ability to manipulate the RGB curves individually. Tweaking red curve slightly was often enough to pull the reddish tinge out of shadow and mid tone values.
Michael, great moodiness of the church interior.
Luka, love the second one though it's somewhat headache inducing. And the ship really pops in the third. Such a great feeling of clarity, like being there.
Very nice Justin!
Edwin, I particularly like the first one!

Apr 12, 2013 at 04:23 PM
joe88
• • • •
p.631 #5 · p.631 #5 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

Thanks Ron. I have heard from others that Dfine works. I'll give it a try since I have the software in the PC but unused for over 2 years .

With the Mono, I was playing around and exposing to the other extreme, ETTL trying not to blow out even the harsh specular reflections. I think at some point I'll get confused, Mono ETTL and M240 ETTR

Thanks for the link. I'll read Tim's review later tonight. Briefly read the conclusions and I agree, I like the bokeh on my RX1 much better. Haven't notice much about the other faults (I'm a beginner in his eyes ), probably because I normally shoot street or subjects that does not really require evenness across the frame? I think Leica needs a 35Cron APO to complement the 50APO and 90APO.

Apr 12, 2013 at 04:40 PM
joakim
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.631 #6 · p.631 #6 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

Thanks for comments and 'Likes'!

Edward, second photo is great.
Joe, great photo of your son and that house looks like a 3-D color chart I also like #4 in the b&w set.
Ron, thank for the info on Dfine. I will certainly try it out now that Google gave it to me for free.

Apr 12, 2013 at 04:55 PM
rscheffler
• • • • • •
p.631 #7 · p.631 #7 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

I was also thinking 35 Cron APO... but the price would be a killjoy.

As an alternative, the 28 Cron is pretty good across the frame, IMO. I think it has some sharpness falloff until around f/4, so perhaps some field curvature, but it seems to be of fairly simple character. I haven't really tested it much, though I don't get the feeling it has the wavy focus plane like many of the Luxes and some Crons.

I agree the RX1's bokeh is great. If Sony releases an RX2 with some refinements, primarily better AF, it could be a really compelling argument against spending about the same amount of money on a 35 Cron. I was initially very skeptical about the RX1 concept and its potential photographic value and usefulness, but it's growing on me.

joakim wrote:
Ron, thank for the info on Dfine. I will certainly try it out now that Google gave it to me for free.

Free? Is there a trick you can share for this?

Apr 12, 2013 at 05:01 PM
edwardkaraa
• • • • • •
p.631 #8 · p.631 #8 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

Catching up with my comments

Joan, Joe, Ron, Joakim, thanks a lot for your comments

Joan and Joe, I finally sold the C Sonnar, not because I didn't like it, but because my plan from the start was to keep only one 50mm lens. I like it simple, and have enough headache choosing between the 50 planar and the 35 biogon I decided to keep the planar because I'm a sharpness freek, but I may have had a more difficult choice if the Sonnar was optimized for f/2.8 as I believe that's how it should be. Of course, with LV, that would be a different story altogether.

Joe, that was shot at dusk. I'm not a morning person The light lasted less than 2 minutes so I shot handheld at f/2.

Page 674:

Joe: Love that red bench photo. A lot of pop.
Robert: Nice museum set. 2 and 6 are my favourites.

Page 675:

Joe, thanks for the test. The uncorrected color shift doesn't look too bad.
Phil, nice b/w portrait, and especially the like flare in the second photo.
Allen, you caught a perfect moment there.
Ron, beautiful portrait and the flare adds interest to the photo.
Joe, great set. I especially like 2, 4 and 5.
Dale, great portraits, especially 2 and 4.
Zhangyue, very cute photo of your son. The slightly missed focus gives a classic look.
Bruno, very nice documentary set.
Justin, ditto, nice documentary shot.
Robert, well done architectural study. Very nice.

Page 676:

Zhangyue: Love that portrait of your daughter in the train. Gives some nostalgic mood.
Robert: both shots are fantastic.
Joakim: love the almost monochromatic nature of the tree photo.
Edwin: love the first boat shot. Very nice.
Justin: interesting street work in b/w.
Luka: fantastic work as usual, very bold and graphic. Love all three of them.
Dale: Nice curves
Joe: love the M and Biogon combination. No sign of the color shift there. Great Daytona set. No. 4 is just amazing.

Apr 12, 2013 at 10:10 PM
edwardkaraa
• • • • • •
p.631 #9 · p.631 #9 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

M9 - Planar 50 by edward karaa, on Flickr

Apr 12, 2013 at 10:29 PM
Gary Clennan
• • • • •
p.631 #10 · p.631 #10 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

rscheffler wrote:
Free? Is there a trick you can share for this?

He must be referring to the recent Google offer of the Nik Software Suite for $149. I think if you already purchased any of their software, you let them know and they send you the remaining ones such as Dfine, etc. at no charge.

Apr 12, 2013 at 10:42 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

dalegaspi
• • •
p.631 #11 · p.631 #11 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

edwardkaraa wrote:
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8116/8643658173_e5fe09d035_b.jpg
M9 - Planar 50 by edward karaa, on Flickr

DAYMN..look at that!

Apr 12, 2013 at 11:12 PM
joakim
• • • •
p.631 #12 · p.631 #12 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

Gary Clennan wrote:
He must be referring to the recent Google offer of the Nik Software Suite for $149. I think if you already purchased any of their software, you let them know and they send you the remaining ones such as Dfine, etc. at no charge.

Exactly, I already owned two of them and now I have the complete set. I had already registered mine at Nik so I just got a mail with download instructions from Google/Nik.

Apr 13, 2013 at 07:02 AM
edwardkaraa
• • • • • •
p.631 #13 · p.631 #13 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

dalegaspi wrote:
DAYMN..look at that!

Thank you Dale

Apr 13, 2013 at 07:28 AM
airfrogusmc
• • • • • •
p.631 #14 · p.631 #14 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

Wow this thread moves fast..
Just amazing work one and all. I love my 35 Lux FLE with my M Monochrom. Haven't had the newM in my hands yet.

Here are some images from the MM and the 35 Lux wide open.

Apr 13, 2013 at 08:20 AM
jojomon11
• • • • •
p.631 #15 · p.631 #15 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

Very nice Allen ^

Love the last 2

Nice comparison shots Joe! I really need to experiment more with my MM

Phil

Apr 13, 2013 at 10:16 AM
Jabberwockt
• • •
p.631 #16 · p.631 #16 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

Been gone for a while, catching up.

Here are some from the 50 Lux Asph:

Apr 13, 2013 at 03:36 PM
jojomon11
• • • • •
p.631 #17 · p.631 #17 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

Nice bokeh Edward on the colorful shot

Jabberwockt love the first shot nicely done!

Phil

Apr 13, 2013 at 04:19 PM
Gary Clennan
• • • • •
p.631 #18 · p.631 #18 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

I really like that first shot Andy - well done!

A couple from the market today - both with M & 35cron asph....

Apr 13, 2013 at 08:57 PM
CVickery
• • • •
p.631 #19 · p.631 #19 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

Nice Gary .... did you say M?

Apr 13, 2013 at 09:18 PM
Gary Clennan
• • • • •
p.631 #20 · p.631 #20 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

Yup!

Apr 13, 2013 at 09:22 PM

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.