Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              624      
       626              1027       1028       end

Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

lenticular11
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.625 #1 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Wow Joe, that M6 with Velvia shot is tops for me, particularly the gradation of the horizon.

Jan 22, 2013 at 08:26 PM
joe88
• • • •
p.625 #2 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Thanks, yes I can't get over the highlight shoulder with film. and the best thing is, no pp required

Here's a few more grab shots with Velvia 50. These were NCPS budget scans.

Edited on Jan 22, 2013 at 10:26 PM · View previous versions

Jan 22, 2013 at 08:33 PM
airfrogusmc
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.625 #3 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Beautiful Joe. THe first one show on the site here and I can see the second one if I click on the link but it shows here as This image or video is currently unavailable. Post Pg 624 #20 and none of the last ones show up here.

Jan 22, 2013 at 09:54 PM
joe88
• • • •
p.625 #4 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Thanks Allen. I don't know how it works with Flickr. I pasted the BB codes directly to the thread.

Can you see the 3 pics posted on this page (p625)?

Jan 22, 2013 at 10:09 PM
AshNZ
• •
p.625 #5 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

joe88 wrote:
Thanks Allen. I don't know how it works with Flickr. I pasted the BB codes directly to the thread.

Can you see the 3 pics posted on this page (p625)?

Joe, you can't do that with flickr. In flickr, open each image, go to view all sizes, click the size you want, then right click and get the direct link of that size. Then paste the link only here, it will automatically display as a picture without any tags.

Jan 22, 2013 at 10:12 PM
joe88
• • • •
p.625 #6 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Ash, thanks for the tip. Hope it works now.

Jan 22, 2013 at 10:27 PM
zhangyue
• • • •
p.625 #7 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Great! they are wonderful.

Jan 22, 2013 at 10:31 PM
charles.K
• • • •
p.625 #8 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Michael and Joe, thank you
Allen, excellent street. Always love the perspective of your shots!
Edward, very nice street capture of the Taoist temple!
wstam, nice set of shots!
Joe, just love these set of Velvia 50 shots!!! It is hard to emulate this look digitally

Jan 23, 2013 at 02:03 AM
joe88
• • • •
p.625 #9 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Thanks Michael & Charles. Film can be fun for the experience but I think at least for 35mm format, we have moved on to digital. Medium and large format is another story for now.

I might have posted this comparison back when I took these pics in 2011, but here we can compare the highlight roll off on a similar scene. First shot, my M6 with Ektar 100 (35mm lens) and below that, M9 with 28Cron. You can see the difference in the highlight retention. Digital sensors will keep improving and I hope soon enough we can have sensors with much better DR or at least some way to control the highlight signal amplification and retention?

Jan 23, 2013 at 02:53 AM
ryankarr
• • •
p.625 #10 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Parked near this beauty today. MM + Noct:

L1003464 by ryankarr, on Flickr

L1003474 by ryankarr, on Flickr

L1003471 by ryankarr, on Flickr

Jan 23, 2013 at 03:18 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

charles.K
• • • •
p.625 #11 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Joe, very nice examples! Excellent PP'ing with the film shot. I am now finding the DR with RX1 almost like film now, particularly with highlights. So I would assume the new sensor with the M240, will have a much improved DR if not better than with the Sony sensors!
Ryan, really cool shots!!!

Jan 23, 2013 at 03:25 AM
edwardkaraa
• • • • •
p.625 #12 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Wstam, Zhangyue, Charles, thank you

Wstam, nice restaurant set!
Joe, love the film look. Too bad my lab kept on scratching my film so I had to give it up.

Jan 23, 2013 at 04:30 AM
Jabberwockt
• • •
p.625 #13 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Ryan, love the look of those shots.

Here's one from a few months ago with a 50/1.5 ZM before I sold it. There are many graffiti artists in the area, I saw this, thought it was fairly interesting, took a snap, went back a few days later and saw that they had already torn it down.

Jan 23, 2013 at 05:31 AM
Gary Clennan
• • • •
p.625 #14 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Nice pics all! Ryan - you should have asked for my permission before taking a shot of my car!

Jan 23, 2013 at 06:15 AM
douglasf13
• • • • •
p.625 #15 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

joe88 wrote:
Thanks Michael & Charles. Film can be fun for the experience but I think at least for 35mm format, we have moved on to digital. Medium and large format is another story for now.

I might have posted this comparison back when I took these pics in 2011, but here we can compare the highlight roll off on a similar scene. First shot, my M6 with Ektar 100 (35mm lens) and below that, M9 with 28Cron. You can see the difference in the highlight retention. Digital sensors will keep improving and I hope soon enough we can have sensors with much
...Show more

I think LR4's new highlight controls are a pretty major step forward, and you can really get a nice roll off as long as you don't clip the highlights and just bring up the exposure in post. More DR in digital sensors will really just be about how much you can bring up the shadows and still maintain details.

Jan 23, 2013 at 07:19 AM
edwin_sn
• • •
p.625 #16 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Thank you Charles, Joe, Edward, wstam, zhangyue, Gary, airfrog and everyone

zhangyue wrote:
Edwin, What a nice color. Are those WO, under full sun like this, I expect f2.8 with 1/4000. Do you use ND filter?

Photos posted were at f2.0 - 2.8 and no ND filter on the 75. I ignored the overexposure warning and did a little highlight recovery in post.

Edited on Jan 24, 2013 at 12:55 AM · View previous versions

Jan 23, 2013 at 02:14 PM
edwardkaraa
• • • • •
p.625 #17 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

I have thought that I've settled the problem of Adobe standard vs. embedded camera profiles, having chosen embedded as Leica's own enterpretation of how the colors should look like. But lately I discovered Adobe standard gives bluer skies, but more yellowish skin tones, and somewhat screws up the purple color making it bluish. I am bit hesitant now, as I usually like to adopt one profile, as I don't like too many choices. Here's an example of bluish sky and yellowish skin. What do you think guys?

Jan 23, 2013 at 06:01 PM
joe88
• • • •
p.625 #18 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Thanks Charles and Edward

Ryan, nice car shots!
Jabberwockt, nice graffiti shot.

Edward, nice portrait. I prefer the skin tones on #1, 2nd one seems a little reddish and towards magenta especially on the face? As for the sky, I perfer the shade on#2, more filmlike tone to it

Jan 23, 2013 at 06:09 PM
edwardkaraa
• • • • •
p.625 #19 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Joe, forgot to mention that 1st is adobe standard profile, and 2nd is the embedded M9 profile. I guess there is no correct answer to this question

Jan 23, 2013 at 06:15 PM
joe88
• • • •
p.625 #20 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Ektar 100 and M6 TTL. Thunder Hole Acadia. I can't remember which lens, either 35Lux ASPH or 50Lux ASPH

Jan 23, 2013 at 06:17 PM

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password