New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              596      
       598              2354       2355       end

Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

wstan

Upload & Sell: Off
p.597 #1 · p.597 #1 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

Here's my attempt on a high contrast BW from M9, 35/1.2 Nokton II taken in Fremantle, WA:

Feb 13, 2013 at 07:39 PM
rscheffler
• • • • • •
p.597 #2 · p.597 #2 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

Thanks guys!

Edward - nice wrap to the series and great to see one of you in action. You don't look at all intimidating with that nice M set-up. What was Helimat shooting with, out of interest?
Allen - very nice environmental portrait. Great tones and light quality. This could be for an annual report, etc... would be great to have a client accept straight B&W images!
Ryan, wow, that's a very cool addition to the system! Great images too!
Another couple nice ones Winston! The lighthouse looks great!

Michael - nice set with the church, but the one of your kids in the flowers is excellent!
If your rangefinder is off in the middle with all of the lenses you tried, then I would suspect it might be the camera?
Great observations about the 50 Lux ASPH to which I agree. I'm not so much disappointed about the near distance sharpness though because at least for me, other than the 'for fun' walk around stuff I shoot at that distance, it's mostly people photos where the less edgy sharpness/contrast is complementary. As I've mentioned, the ZM50/2 has more snap at this distance. Maybe the new 50AA as well, though so far most samples from it have been at farther distances. The thinking might have been that it's a low-light reportage lens and this near-distance performance is an acceptable compromise. It is great to be able to shoot it wide open or very moderately stopped down and get really good infinity results. It just reinforces my opinion that the Lux are dual-character lenses wide open vs. stopped down. And the 50 Lux ASPH adds a near and far twist.
During one of my visits to the Munich Leica store I spent a bit of time trying various older 50mm lenses and the 50 Lux non-ASPH had a really nice character to it. Andrew had one during our meeting, but I didn't try it (too preoccupied with the Nocti and 75 Lux )

Feb 13, 2013 at 07:49 PM
rscheffler
• • • • • •
p.597 #3 · p.597 #3 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

From that sculpture in the Distillery District...

50 Lux ASPH:

Feb 13, 2013 at 07:53 PM
rscheffler
• • • • • •
p.597 #4 · p.597 #4 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

Might as well roll over to a new page.

75 Lux:

50 Lux ASPH:

75 Lux:

I don't remember exactly, but I think the above shots were in the f/2-2.8 range because exposure was too hot wide open. You can see the shape of the aperture in the 50 Lux blur circles. Didn't bring the ND with me... oh well. Also, these would have mostly been around minimum focusing distance.

Feb 13, 2013 at 07:53 PM
wstan

p.597 #5 · p.597 #5 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

Ron, nice geometry and again an excellent comparison between the lenses of gods

Warming up each other - M9, 28 Elmarit ASPH

Feb 13, 2013 at 07:59 PM
charles.K
• • • • • •
p.597 #6 · p.597 #6 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

Winston, nice shot of the lighthouse and the couple
Ron, love these abstracts! From these shots I prefer the 50 Lux. How are you liking the 50 Nocti/75 Lux?

For comparisons with the 50 Nocti f/1.0 and 75 Lux for portraits, I had series of shoots with these two lenses last year. I have posted some of the shots before, but the link for the complete 50 Nocti f/1.0 gallery is here: http://kalnins.zenfolio.com/p926353418
And the complete 75 Lux gallery is here:
http://kalnins.zenfolio.com/p787738288. With the 75 Lux gallery are some 24 Lux shots interspersed

Feb 13, 2013 at 08:55 PM
Jabberwockt
• • •
p.597 #7 · p.597 #7 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

Ron, I think you are right about either loving or hating the Voigtlander 40, I have yet decide yet which. Michael, the bokeh in that shot with your daughter is very dreamy.

In the meantime, here is a shot from the Konica M-Hexanon 35/2.0 (I received an unusual request to take some photo somewhere i wouldnt usually)

Larger

Feb 13, 2013 at 10:39 PM
joe88
• • • •
p.597 #8 · p.597 #8 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

Allen, nice shot! I think many will agree that Leica is often associated with the medical industry and doctors
Edward, I can spot a seasoned photographer's pose from a mile away - well balanced, nimble, adjusting framing, looking cool - all of which you are doing in that shot
Winston, nice shot of the port. Interesting dark tones on the lighthouse shot and good catch on the couple.
Michael, where is that camera fair?? I need to pay them a visit. Nice set with the ZM21 #2 is my favorite.
Ron, nice flare on the 50Lux shot. The 75Lux appears to have more "character"?
Jabberwockt, nice shot with the Konica 35/2. Have you experienced any focus shift on your copy of this lens on the M9?
Charles, thanks for sharing those pics!

---
One from the archive taken at Corea, Maine

M9 50Lux ASPH

Feb 13, 2013 at 11:02 PM
Jabberwockt
• • •
p.597 #9 · p.597 #9 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

^That's quite some fog.

I haven't notice focus shift, but I haven't seriously tested for it either. My copy has been sent to DAG and calibrated for F2, add to that i mostly shoot at either wide open or stopped down quite a bit, it's not something I'll probably notice in normal shooting.

Here's a mundane but less morbid shot with the same lens if you are considering it. I think the Zeiss 35 biogon may be better all around choice though:

Larger

Edited on Feb 13, 2013 at 11:23 PM · View previous versions

Feb 13, 2013 at 11:13 PM
Planetwide
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.597 #10 · p.597 #10 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

Well after a major computer crash, and a multi day restore - I am back up and running.

I had a great day shooting in Toronto with Ron. He is he master of detail, I can only offer my humble view of things.

More to come.

Andrew

Feb 13, 2013 at 11:21 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

joe88
• • • •
p.597 #11 · p.597 #11 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

Jabberwockt, the rendering looks really nice on that second shot. We don't see too many pics taken with Konica M lenses posted on this thread. Please keep sharing. With the prices of Hexanon-M lenses these days, I kind of agree, the Zeiss ZM might be a better alternative.

Andrew, very nice set. The first shot with the pre-ASPH 50 is really nice, love the rendering. You just switched to a Leica ME?

Feb 13, 2013 at 11:38 PM
Gary Clennan
• • • • •
p.597 #12 · p.597 #12 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

Andrew - those are quite nice and I really like the subtle color treatement. How do you find the 50lux pre-ASPH compares to the ASPH version?

Here is one from Melbourne. Trying to learn some B&W but it can be challenging to get the balance just right...

Feb 13, 2013 at 11:47 PM
wstan

p.597 #13 · p.597 #13 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

Joe, thanks! That's a seriously foggy photo you have
Andrew - the first shot is superbly executed in term of composition and color!
Gary - That's a good conversion already. You could try reducing the highlight in the sky a bit, but it's just a matter of taste. the subject is already well balanced, IMO.

Feb 14, 2013 at 12:22 AM
seekuh
• •
p.597 #14 · p.597 #14 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

I'm sorry for not commenting on your pictures because I'm too busy with my work.

Here are two images featuring the new Summicron 50 APO at close distance:

Feb 14, 2013 at 12:58 AM
wstan

p.597 #15 · p.597 #15 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

Nice portraits, esp #1. Nice lens too

Feb 14, 2013 at 01:11 AM
zhangyue
• • • • •
p.597 #16 · p.597 #16 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

Thanks for comments, guys.
Ron, another nice set, beautiful rendering and color. I don't have complain about 50lux anymore. At first, I put too much expectation on it from reputation and its MTF, so I feel a little disappointed first. But TBH, it is more than enough sharpness for me at any range so was my zeiss sonnar, leica r lux etc.
Winston, good use of shadow.
Andrew, those rendering is beautiful. Color is great too.
Andy, the monk shot has great perspective.
Hilmar, I wish I can afford this lens, those portrait POP. This is the lens I really want to own, the problem is It can't replace 50lux for low light and DOF mid range mentioned earlier
. I thought about my dream for having .95 and this one, but again 50lux is way lighter than .95, so still you want 50lux anyway. Leica really know how to get money from rich people or hobbist can't control their desire. We poor guys.

Joe, thanks for your comments. I forget answer your earlier comments about tweak red channel, I tweak almost all the Chanel until to my like inLR. Mostly green(grass), yellow(flower),orange(skin), and red(dress). The camera fair is called photo fair in san Jose, twice a year here, but most are low end and very old film stuff with several table with Leica stuff, but they are not cheap. I guess if you do some research, there must be something similar in your area.

From iPhone, sorry for typo.

Feb 14, 2013 at 01:30 AM
charles.K
• • • • • •
p.597 #17 · p.597 #17 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

abberwockt, nice shots with the Konica
Joe, beautiful pastel misty shot!
Andrew, wonderful colour palette in these shots! Really like the way the 50 Lux pre-Asph, paints
Gary, great shot! Very nice B&W treatment.
Hilmar, I am amazed how the 50 Cron Apo captures the detail in the first portrait, and yet maintains the glow!!!

Shot from Bangkok, with the 50 Nocti f/1.0

Feb 14, 2013 at 01:48 AM
zhangyue
• • • • •
p.597 #18 · p.597 #18 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

Joe, that is a beautiful moody shot.
Gary, the BW has great sharpness!
Charles, absolutely amazing portrait. What is the MFD of Noct f1?

Here are few from Savannah , 50lux.
River front.

They use Bamboo to hand made rose. I shoot this photo in the morning when I arrive there. At night, we went there again to have dinner. They still there, not many people buy those things. I feel a little bit sad for people struggle to living.

Riverfront

Feb 14, 2013 at 02:19 AM
edwardkaraa
• • • • • •
p.597 #19 · p.597 #19 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

Lenticular, thanks a lot for your nice comments!

Winston, thanks! Love the serenity of the sunrise shot. The warming up shot is well composed with excellent timing.

Zhangyue, thanks for your comments Love the rendering of the 21 ZM. Strong contrast and saturation and very sharp.

Charles, thanks! Indeed caught with my hand in the cookie jar The portrait of the young monk is outstanding!

Ron, thanks for the comments. Helimat had a 5D3 and if I'm not mistaken the ZE 35/1.4. Beautiful rendering from that lens! Love the color combinations in the distillery shots.

Jabber, that's an unusual subject very nicely executed

Joe, I'm very glad you could see all this in my photograph Very keen eye indeed Your boats shot is unreal! Beautiful! But so much veiling haze from the lens

Andrew, love the color combinations.

Gary, nice dramatic perspective!

Feb 14, 2013 at 02:24 AM
zhangyue
• • • • •
p.597 #20 · p.597 #20 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

Edward, thanks for comments, I think both me and Ron are curious what lens used to take you in action I feel rendering is special!

Feb 14, 2013 at 02:27 AM

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.